Corsair Community

Low opacity multimedia buttons

beezjeh

I recently replaced my K70 RGB with Red switches with a brand new K70 Rapidfire NON-RGB. After i got the rapidfire i noticed that the multimedia keys is very dimmed compared to K70 RGB.

Is it normal that the volume control buttons and the mute button is really dimmed compared to opacity of other buttons? The color of the volume button on the K70 RGB was on the same opacity level as the other keys while on the Rapidfire its not. Not sure if its malfunctioned keyboard as i got pretty confused.

I also removed the old driver and installed the new driver for the K70 Rapidfire which didn't help. Also switched USB ports to make sure its not related to that.

cross referenced with the K70 LUX we have here and the brightness is much higher than what you have shown. I would suggest getting a replacement.

I got the K70 Rapidfire NON-RGB with MX Speed switches, the shop where i bought it from told me that the colors of the multimedia buttons on the Rapidfire is fine compared to the K70 RGB with Red switches which got higher opacity at the multimedia buttons. I just want to have confirmation if that's actually true otherwise i will need to ask for a replacement as you told me to for the K70 Rapidfire at the shop.

I just asked and received an RMA from Amazon for my less than 1 week old K70 for this same reason. Multimedia keys are extremely dim. And the stop key doesn't light up at all. I triple checked settings in Cue 2 and all are correct. Hopefully the replacement K70 is good. I do love this keyboard.

I will. I was supposed to receive it today as I have Amazon Prime. However it was sent via the USPS and they did not deliver it today. Prob have to wait until Monday now. About to cancel Prime due to Amazon always using the USPS and my packages never arrive on time., Lol. Anyway I'll post back when I do get it.

About to cancel Prime due to Amazon always using the USPS and my packages never arrive on time., Lol. Anyway I'll post back when I do get it.

Right. They never deliver on time. And i live in a apt complex so anything large and heavy they drop off at the office.... UPS is way better...

Ok guys I spoke too soon. That is exactly what USPS did. They dropped it off at the apt office and never even knocked on my door. I have been waiting all day. Never even updated the delivery status.

Anyway I am typing on the replacement keyboard now. Sorry to say that the multimedia keys on this replacement are dimmer than the original K70 I received. They barely light up at all even on the brightest setting. Even worse than my other one. However the stop key works on this one.

I am extremely disappointed in the QC of this Corsair K70. Both boards I received are unacceptable. I now have a decision to make on trying a third board or just returning for a refund and buying another brand. This honestly has soured me on trying any other Corsair keyboard.

Well I created a support ticket with Corsair to ask a simple question about the multimedia lights on this K70. Support is making me jump through hoops just to answer a question. They now want a copy of my receipt just to answer a simple question. I am now in the process of RMA'ing this keyboard back to Amazon for a full refund. Corsair support sucks and their products do not have the quality anymore that I used to know from Corsair. Good luck to all of you with problems getting any help from Corsair. I am buying another brand of keyboard. I'm finished.

Just received my 3rd replacement from Amazon. The multimedia keys on this newest board are the worst yet. 2 of then don't light up at all. Sending back for a full refund this time unless Corsair can actually check one and assure I get a working one. Worst buying experience I've ever had.

I opened a ticket with Corsair. After 4 or 5 days of just BS from Corsair and never addressing the issue I told them to close the ticket. I RMA'd the 3rd K70 back to Amazon and received a full refund. I am going to buy another brand of gaming illuminated keyboard. I have always bought Corsair PSU's as well as memory. But this has left a very bad taste and I will not be buying Corsair again. When I get such poor support and poor quality products from a company I then vote with my wallet. Good luck to everyone here.

• 1 month later...

Archived