Corsair Community

Corsair K95 Platinum Crashing

Am_Snek

I've had the k95 for about 2 years now and have had no problems with it. Today, I spilled a small amount of water on it, causing it to glitch and send random inputs to the computer. After taking some time to dry it out and get rid of the water, it returned back to normal.

Things were well and fine until it suddenly crashed (don't know if this is what actually happened but it looked like it). All of the LEDs stopped working (turned off) and no inputs were registered. Oddly enough, a hard reset fixes it for about 5-10 minutes, before it crashes again. This can be done repeatedly with the same result.

Since it works after a hard reset, the mechanics mighy still be working at the very least. I tried forcing the hardware to update through ICUE and updating ICUE itself. I tried switching it to BIOS mode and back, which doesn't do anything. Hard resets give me a short amount of time.

Sorry for misspellings or incorrect grammar, I'm on my phone.

Not 100% sure, but water damage is more complicated than you would think. Evaporating water attracts debris, which then can cause shorts. If yore not in warranty, id carefully disassemble it and wipe the boards with isopropyl alcohol, or try flushing it out with the same.

Archived