Corsair Community

Atiral

Please help me, I've come across a problem that my processor is overheating, and I assumed I just had to re-apply thermal compound to the cpu.. So I did. Then I powered on my pc again and its still overheating when I play GTA, please let me know what to do.. I've tried going into my bios like other people but I could not quite find what they've found.

425256281_DesktopScreenshot2018_02.26-21_33_20_66.thumb.png.f813afff39dd1838db11cee27dfaa4b1.png

the cpu header isnt at 100% max.. when you told me to turn off smart fan control it did not give me an option to set a number at all.. But when I turned off SFC on my system fans aswell, I was able to set a number for the voltage.. So do you think if I put the pump cable on my system fan I can fix it?

No, I think you have a dead pump, but go ahead and try. If you don't allow the unit to get its 12v, it is like using a dimmer switch on a light bulb. It reduces the power to both pump and fans. The theory here (and the one everyone was hoping for) was you turned the dimmer down below the point where the pump would start. However, since the fans are completely maxed out, that removes the possibility this is a BIOS setting problem. The fans would also be affected and confined to a much lower speed. Sometimes electrical components just fail. If you break the circuit pathway, then that is pretty much it. Not your fault. Follow up with Corsair Tech Support for the replacement.

Archived