Corsair Community

K70 Cherry MX Blue / Gunmetal - where to buy ?

eyforia

Disclosure:

I own 2 Corsair K70 keyboards and I believe it's the best keyboard for coding.

My problem:

I've been desperately looking to buy 2 more Cherry MX Blue / Gunmetal keyboards (don't ask :-)

I've been looking on Corsair, NewEgg, Amazon, Ebay, BestBuy, Frys, TigerDirect, pretty much everywhere with no luck - It's "out-of-stock" everywhere. I wonder if there's any store that still sells them ?

Tx,

The legend of K70 continues on April 4th. Stay tuned!

Corsair Vengeance K70 is built with Cherry keyswitches, the #1 choice of gamers. Made in Germany with unequaled precision using real gold cross-point contacts, Cherry MX keyswitches have proven performance and consistency with over 5 billion in use around the world.

10154244_741346175905473_1618416435_n.jpg

The legend of K70 continues on April 4th. Stay tuned!

Corsair Vengeance K70 is built with Cherry keyswitches, the #1 choice of gamers. Made in Germany with unequaled precision using real gold cross-point contacts, Cherry MX keyswitches have proven performance and consistency with over 5 billion in use around the world.

10154244_741346175905473_1618416435_n.jpg

Is this at all related to the new K70 models listed on Amazon? Already got my order in for Cherry MX Brown in Black Aluminum!

But only in black. I think many of us are waiting for the gunmetal in blue and brown. I know I want it in blue. the blue led on that gunmetal color is oh so sweet. So.....do we have any word on when the Gunmetal will be back with us? If the Apr 4 thing was only that blue and brown switches would be back for the black keyboard that's not much to stay tuned for. But I guess some folks were waiting for that.

But only in black. I think many of us are waiting for the gunmetal in blue and brown. I know I want it in blue. the blue led on that gunmetal color is oh so sweet. So.....do we have any word on when the Gunmetal will be back with us? If the Apr 4 thing was only that blue and brown switches would be back for the black keyboard that's not much to stay tuned for. But I guess some folks were waiting for that.

I was also patiently waiting until the 4th for gunmetal/browns. I hope they didn't discontinue it in light of the RGB coming out in a few months.

I was also patiently waiting until the 4th for gunmetal/browns. I hope they didn't discontinue it in light of the RGB coming out in a few months.

Me too. That would suck. While I don't hate the black and red, I think the gunmetal and blue just pops in an awesome way.

Such a shame. I just found out about them and wanted a K70 gunmetal/blue and they're discontinued :-( They weren't even on the market a year. Why'd they get killed so quickly? All the reviews I've seen were glowing. Ah well. DAS it is I guess. :-(

Corsair has no updates on their website, whether is "discontinued" or not, I called Corsair about it and they seem to have no clue?, but @ least I'm not hearing it's "discontinued" :sunglasse

I will keep calling them about it until I get a 100% sure answer from Corsair that it is discontinued....Let's hope that's not the case!!!:[pouts:

i've tried to buy it in 3 german online shops, they all had it marked as "available soon/ordered" and all of them send me a mail that it's no longer available because it was discontinued by Corsair
Yet Corsair doesn't mention this on website, just out of stock.

• Administrators

From the horse's mouth:

We are consolidating our line in preparation of the RGB keyboard launch. The most requested color combination was black/red and in the Cherry MX Blue and Brown switches. By popular demand we created these keyboards.

In otherwords, yes, the following models are EOL:

[TABLE=head]Name | Part Number | Switch Type | Color | Lighting

CH-9000019 | K70 | Cherry MX Red | Silver | Blue

CH-9000045 | K70 | Cherry MX Blue | Gunmetal Gray | Blue

CH-9000050 | K70 | Cherry MX Brown | Gunmetal Gray | Blue

[/TABLE]

From the horse's mouth:

[/TABLE]

alright at least some official information.

so when could we expect the rgb version?

coz i mean, corsair are the only ones to use this switches in 2014, and half of 2014 is almost over.

From the horse's mouth:

[/TABLE]

In otherwords, no, buy the black and red or :asskick:

• 2 weeks later...
From the horse's mouth:

[/TABLE]

What is Corsair going to do for customers who own one them and it breaks. Are we going to be stuck with accepting Red LED's when we bought Blue LED keyboard. Is Corsair going to throw us under the bus to save money while pissing off a future customer.

It's not acceptable to offer red led keyboard to replace a blue led one. If you can't offer the right replacement then you should allow the customer to upgrade to RGB (when it's released) which would allow them to have the same color led as they had before. You know damn well that is the right thing to do Corsair.

• 4 months later...

I am in the boat.

Owning CH-9000050, bought 31.October 2013 - Germany.

LED on M starved this weekend.

So what will Corsair do? - Red lightning is fail for me, everything at home is lightened in blue - so red lightning is no option.

I need MX-Brown or Blue with blue lightning.

Does Corsair have some spareparts in stock to fulfill RMA of broken CH-9000050?

Somewhat unlucky.

I am in the boat.

Owning CH-9000050, bought 31.October 2013 - Germany.

LED on M starved this weekend.

So what will Corsair do? - Red lightning is fail for me, everything at home is lightened in blue - so red lightning is no option.

I need MX-Brown or Blue with blue lightning.

Does Corsair have some spareparts in stock to fulfill RMA of broken CH-9000050?

Somewhat unlucky.

Same boat here.

I need blue backlighting too, but no word from Corsair whether blue backlighting will ever be available again for the K70 (standard), which is a shame. Rumor has it that if you persist you can get a cash refund and put it toward the new K70 RGB, but then you can only get the black background, with MX Blue and MX Brown switches coming later.

From an artists perspective colors against a grey background provide the best luminosity, whereas colors against a black background provide the best luster.

I prefer luminosity over luster, so a K70 RGB with a Gunmetal background would be on my wish list.

In Germany I will not have to resist on too much as legal is very clear on this topic.

Repair iten - if not possible replace item - if not possible refund. I do not have to accept something similar that does not fit my needs (wishes)

A K70 RGB is in my thoughts - but it may take some time until the K70-RGB will be avaialble with MX-Brown or MX-Blue. Red ones do not work for me - too much errors in typing.

On the other side - will the LEDs on this one last longer? - I am not thinking on the 2 years warranty only but beyond.

I really like the 70s and 95s - but quality should not be a concern at these prices.

In Germany I will not have to resist on too much as legal is very clear on this topic.

Repair iten - if not possible replace item - if not possible refund. I do not have to accept something similar that does not fit my needs (wishes)

A K70 RGB is in my thoughts - but it may take some time until the K70-RGB will be avaialble with MX-Brown or MX-Blue. Red ones do not work for me - too much errors in typing.

On the other side - will the LEDs on this one last longer? - I am not thinking on the 2 years warranty only but beyond.

I really like the 70s and 95s - but quality should not be a concern at these prices.

I agree, quality should not be a concern at these prices, unless you spill a liter of pilsner on top of it. A keyboard at these prices should go the distance.

At PAX 2014 (just watched a YouTube video), Corsair mentioned the availability of all three MX switch types on the K70 RGB to be available around the same release date. There has been a delay in the release date, but the MX Reds should now be on sale. I would suspect the MX Blue and Brown versions to be out soon.

Archived