Corsair Community

H100i Fan Position. Blow air out of the case.

BrashAchilles

Hi Guys.

I hope you can help me.This is my first build, I'm migrating from the Xbox to gaming PCs. I have planned my build carefully but when my H100i arrived I was horrified to read in the instructions that I should set up the fans to pull air into the case "for optimum performance". This throws off my cooling setup for my C70 case.

I planned to put two intake SP120s in the front of the case and a AF120 blowing air out of the back of the case. Addition air intake through the side window with an AF140. Plan was to use the H100i to vent air out of the top of the case. I understand I would need to substitute the stock static pressure SP type fans to vent out of the case in my desired "blow hole" configuration.

Has anybody done this? Does it affect performance in a well ventilated case like the C70? How will it impact Corsair Link? Is Corsair Link modeled on the recommended fan configuration only, thus giving erroneous data? Thanks in advance for any help!

They recommend the fans be set as intake so your CPU gets the coolest air possible. You can switch them around if you like. You would just be using slightly warmer case air to cool your CPU. It won't affect performance much. Maybe a few degree.

How will it impact Corsair Link? Is Corsair Link modeled on the recommended fan configuration only, thus giving erroneous data? Thanks in advance for any help!

It will have no impact on CL and no, it won't produce erroneous data.

I did a build last week with a c70 and after putting the fan's on the drive bay's to the front and removed the upper drive bay, this case has a excellent airflow,

So you can build the H100i on top as push or pull or push-pull.

Like peanutz94 said the difference are only a few degrees and nothing to worry about.

The stock fans of the c70 are 650 rpm and they do a nice and very silent job.

I did a build last week with a c70 and after putting the fan's on the drive bay's to the front and removed the upper drive bay, this case has a excellent airflow,

So you can build the H100i on top as push or pull or push-pull.

Like peanutz94 said the difference are only a few degrees and nothing to worry about.

The stock fans of the c70 are 650 rpm and they do a nice and very silent job.

Great Idea! I'll do that!

• 10 months later...

Hi Guys i will be buying the H100i this week i have the inwin grone case, i need some information regarding push, pull, and push pull configuration, i now my case cant house 2 fans if i was to remove the top of case.

is it best to have the fans attached to the underside of the radiator and having the fans working as an exhaust ??

any information will be greatly received, also i am getting confused with fans working as an exhaust, dont know which way they go lol i do apologise

Hi Guys i will be buying the H100i this week i have the inwin grone case, i need some information regarding push, pull, and push pull configuration, i now my case cant house 2 fans if i was to remove the top of case.

is it best to have the fans attached to the underside of the radiator and having the fans working as an exhaust ??

any information will be greatly received, also i am getting confused with fans working as an exhaust, dont know which way they go lol i do apologise

your fans will need to ''push'' air thru a radiator whether you push air in the case or push air out of the case

try both ways as efficiency depends on what hardware you have installed

also when asking a question,its best to start your own thread so your issues doesnt get lost in someone elses thread...

and no need to apologize as we all at one time didnt ''know'';):

Hi Guys.

I hope you can help me.This is my first build, I'm migrating from the Xbox to gaming PCs. I have planned my build carefully but when my H100i arrived I was horrified to read in the instructions that I should set up the fans to pull air into the case "for optimum performance". This throws off my cooling setup for my C70 case.

I planned to put two intake SP120s in the front of the case and a AF120 blowing air out of the back of the case. Addition air intake through the side window with an AF140. Plan was to use the H100i to vent air out of the top of the case. I understand I would need to substitute the stock static pressure SP type fans to vent out of the case in my desired "blow hole" configuration.

Has anybody done this? Does it affect performance in a well ventilated case like the C70? How will it impact Corsair Link? Is Corsair Link modeled on the recommended fan configuration only, thus giving erroneous data? Thanks in advance for any help!

you can have air pushed out,,some do recommend bringing cool air in but as you know it may not be best depending on your configuration...

in other words

set it up ''your'' way...;):

Rear fan as intake didnt make any difference really for me. I tried it today. I have h100i exhausting air out, fans in push. Front intakes and bottom intake on a 750d.

The only real difference was when I set the h100i as an intake, in a push setup. I got about 2-3c lower. Other than that, theres no real difference. I idle about 33c to 35c, and at 52-55c while at 4.6 rendering. Thats measured by asus's software which doenst measure core apparently but cpu temp on the board. The core temps are about 60 to 62c under load.

I'm done tinkering with cooling i think. Before when i had the h100i outisde my old case with same hardware. No case door on, I got about 28c idle and 48c under load. So ok I lost a few degrees i guess but the 750d is pretty :)

Archived