Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair Link detecting H100i.

Zomgtuberun

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Im having a similar problem.

But the difference is, at first, my H100i GTX was detected by Corsiar Link and I managed to change the LED color and adjust the fans speeds.

After restarting my pc, it still detects the device, but I cant seem to adjust the LED color and the fan speeds anymore.

When I adjust them on the Corsair Link interface, the H100i doesnt seem to respond, but the device is still working though

Im running on a Windows 7, 64bit OS.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings,

I've just gathered a new PC with corsair h100i cooler & HX1000i PSU.

Motherboard is Asus Rampage V Extreme, CPU is 5960X.

Corsair link USB cable of PSU is connected to H100i's CPU header and original 100i fans are connected to CPU header also with the Y cable. CPU header is connected to mobo's CPU_FAN connecter and USB2 connector.

Corsair link doesn't recognize either H100i nor HX1000i. Instead it shows GPU chasis etc fan speeds and tempratures.....

All latest drivers for each component in the system is installed and everything is working without problem except these 2 corsair products........ How come original software of Corsair fails to recognize its own 2 products????? I've choose these to just because software supported adjustments!!!! Now I can't use this feature!!!! :mad:

What is the solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar issue.

I just booted up my computer this morning to find out that Corsair Link doesn't want to play with my H100i anymore. It used to be just fine, I could control the fans and the LED (had it indicate CPU temperature, which was very handy), but now it's stuck on some weird green colour (probably part of the gradient from before) and there's nothing I can do about it. I now also have the dreaded "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)", which doesn't want to go away, no matter what I unplug... (although I have no idea whether that was there before already, I had no reason to go snooping in the device manager)

I tried reinstalling Corsair Link, I've tried a different internal header, I've tried plugging it right into the back of the motherboard, nothing.

At least it seems to work fine on its own, at idle the CPU temp is around 26-28°C, although during a torture test it climbed to around 65°C, as the fans don't seem to ramp up as quickly as I had them before.

I've also opened a support ticket, but if there's something you friendly people can help me with, we can get the problem sorted before I hear back and close the ticket.

EDIT:

Well, here's your problem!

http://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2015/09/02/822015154419.jpg

It would seem that this is fried. It would also seem that the port at the pump is fried as well, because as soon as I tried plugging it into the back of the motherboard, it took the USB port with it. Nothing I plug into the rear USB 2.0 ports works anymore.

This was a brand new rig... now it looks like I need a new motherboard AND cpu cooler... :mad:

• 2 years later...

I recently installed my corsair H100i and it is functioning exactly as it should. Pump is verified running, Temps are great( in comparison to the air cooling rig i had previously). LED is lit, fans are running. Unit shows up in device manager as well.

However, when I install corsair link, which does so flawlessly, no errors, it doesn't detect anything. The only thing I can do is change the case design on the dashboard. Under devices, it doesn't show.

Please help! I'm nuts about the cooler, just really want to be able to pick up temps on my new rig, and control fan speed for my impending overclock!

Thanks in advance for any help!http://forum.corsair.com/forums/images/smilies/new/icon_lol.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I called tech support for similar problems and they gave me this solution, and it worked!

Apparently, their development team messed up when digitally signing drivers, so in some instances if your device manager reports a problem with your driver, it wouldn't show up in CLink for that reason. A fix would be to:

1. Uninstall Corsair Link

2. Uninstall cooler driver (optional, I chose to do so)

3. Go to Corsair downloads and search for 'corsair link'

4. Download and install oldest version 4.7.0.77

5. Opt not to download latest version until you're sure your drivers are detected and working properly.

You may then update and driver should remain detected in newer versions!

Hope this helps.

Yeah, that's the fix I got too.

They also blamed the issue on Windows. Something a lot of tech support personal seem to resort to when they can't solve an issue. Just blame Windows and make the customer go away. Quote... "Sometimes Windows doesn't like signed drivers." Yeah, sure.

Anyway they pointed me to the 4.7 version drivers as well. BTW I'm using a Corsair H115i Cooler on a Gigabyte Z270 board with an i7-7700K.

Similar problem in my case. On my new system, Link running the latest version could not see my H110i. My AIO is connected to one of the USB ports on the Commander Pro.

I found a thread where someone from Corsair said that on AMD systems the USB chipset does not support cascading USB hubs. I also was getting an error in Windows; ''The latest USB device connected could not be initialised properly.

The strange part is that this was working when I installed the system, until Link suggested to upgrade to the latest release.

Tonight I was doing some cable cleanup at the back of the case and I switched the two cables on the 2 ports of the Commander Pro (the other cable is for the 2 front USB ports of my case).

When I restarted the PC, I got a message: ''Installing USB drivers" and now everything is working fine... very strange!

• 4 months later...

Archived