Corsair Community

Problem with Corsair Link detecting H100i.

Zomgtuberun

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
How u doing? I am have the same problem as kingarthal. When the computer is on and I switch the USB headers the h100i is recognized and I can change fan speeds and led and what not but as soon as I restart the computer and it goes away and the h100i is not reconized. I have a MSI fm2-a75ma-e35 with the newest download from corsairs website. Please help I would like to stop racking my brain trying to fix it. Thanks for any help in advance

I found out what the problem that was causing my h100i not to be detected....MY KEYBOARD!!!! i read on other pages that i should try to change the usb from my keyboard but didnt think that was the problem...and after all else failed i restarted my computer with the keyboard un plug and wala h100i gets detected...i plugged it into another usb slot and restarted the computer again and h100i get reconized right away. why did i try this from the beginning grrr thanks for the help eveyone

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm borrowing this thread for a similar problem.

Windows 8.1 will not detect the USB driver properly. In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers I get:

"Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Fail)"

I unplug the H100i USB cable and the notification goes away, so this is the faulty driver. I use the beta version "CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v2.5.5145.exe"

Where can I download the stand-alone USB driver for Windows 8.1?

ASUS R4E Black Edition

Intel i7 4930K

G Skill F3-17000CL9Q2-32GBZH

2x OCZ Vertex 2 raid0

2x ASUS GTX 780ti SLI

Corsair AX1200i (no link cable attached)

Corsair H100i

Something else is also very strange. During 4 out of 5 boots my network refuses to work. No indication nor can Windows identify any problems, but I simply can't access the web nor my other devices on my LAN. I've reinstalled Windows 8.1 5 times, tried different combinations of drivers and nothing seems to fix my problem.

Any suggestions good people? :)

• 2 months later...

Having the same problem. Purchased a H100i, installed it and it works normally but Corsair Link won't recognize any fan besides the GPU one. My mobo only has one unused USB 9-pin entry that I'm using for the pump cable, and if I try switching the entries with any other one (as it was recommended in this thread), the computer won't start.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

• 1 month later...

dunno is this is relevant for you guys ... heres my situation ..

Im building a new PC. its using a asus crosshair forumla-z motherboard with the h100i cooler ... everything worked fine but the corair link software didnt see the h100i ... looking in device manager I couldnt see any missing or failed devices - though In pulling the usb cable out of the CPU pump while watching the list I noticed that the PC thought (under Human interface devices) HID-compliant vendor-defined device and USB input device, where the cooler ?

its as if my PC could detect the cooler - but didnt know what it was?

my pcs running windows 8.1 64 bit.

anyway - checking online I came across this -

[ame]

[/ame]

registry change, I was doubtful it would work - but restarted and it fixed the issue.

the PC still sees the cooler as them 2 generic sounding devices,, but the link software now sees the cooler and ive been able to change the pump light colour, etc..

• 3 weeks later...
I had a similar issue with my Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 motherboard. To resolve the issue, I went into devices with Corsair Link running and found "Integrated USB Bridge", ran a troubleshoot and was prompted by Link to restart my computer. I did so and now everything is working perfectly.

acana79 said "Something else is also very strange. During 4 out of 5 boots my network refuses to work. No indication nor can Windows identify any problems, but I simply can't access the web nor my other devices on my LAN. I've reinstalled Windows 8.1 5 times, tried different combinations of drivers and nothing seems to fix my problem."

I had a similar problem with a different mobo and it turned out to be a standoff near the back of the mobo was causing it to flex. Couldn't be bothered to fix it, but when I installed it all into my 750D case it went away.

I have this problem, too. The H100i is just not showing up on my link software.

Here's my setup:

Case: NZXT Phantom 820

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH

CPU: Intel i7 4770K

CPU AiO Cooler: Corsair H100i with 2xNoctua NF-P12 PWM fans in push-pull with 2xNZXT 200mm fans

GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB 2133MHz

PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Software: Windows 8.1 64Bit + Corsair Link v2.6.xxxx (newest version from the official download site)

Keyboard & Mouse: Logitech K800 + G602 both wireless with usb receivers

I installed the H100i with the manual that came with it, and I don't see where I've made the mistake. The 2 Noctua fans are connected via the Y-Cable to the slot above the corsair logo on the cooler. The usb cable from the cooler is also connected to a USB 2.0 header on my motherboard and the SATA cable is connected directly to my PSU. The CPU header on my motherboard is also being used for the H100i.

The corsair logo is shining in white color and the fans (Noctua 2x120+NZXT 2x200) are spinning, though the NZXT fans are connected to the standard Phantom 820 fan controller. Corsair link is not displaying the H100i at all, but when I get into the smart fan application from Gigabyte, the app is telling me that there is a CPU fan spinning at about 2280-2295rpm (I guess that's the water pump rpm and not the Noctuas, no?). I've run a calibration to see how fast it will spin at 100% workload and it basically stayed the same all the way from 0% up to 100%. The CPU temp is being registered at 30° Celsius. Does that at least mean that my H100i is working properly, or am I missing here something? Is it save for me to start overclocking with this setup?

So, what can I do to finally be able to control the Noctuas and the H100i shining color as well as the pump rpm? I've already tried the regedit stuff from the posts above and I don't even have the files, that they're editing in the videos, in my registry. I really don't know what to do.....

Zomgtuberun,

Good news and that symptom where the fans rev up especially at start up is normal it is a self test so no worries there.

Zheka

I am sorry but Windows 8.1 is not supported at this time only Windows 7 and Windows 8.0. But if you search on the forum there are a few users who have been able to get it working.

kingarthal

I am not clear on why you think this way, we sell more than 120K of these coolers a week so while there are a lot of people who have questions or issues, the number is small in comparison to what we are selling. But just complaining with out providing any information is not going to get this working for you. Look I am sorry that you have an issue but we really need some more details to know what might be the cause.

What O.S. are you using and if its not listed in your profile the Make and model of MB you have would be helpful as well. And Corsair Link will not show up in Device manager only the generic USB hub it uses to connect.

And please if you can go to our Links software under Options and About and tell me the version you have installed then please post a screen shot of the device tab with any corsair device expended and post a screen shot

what do you mean corsair link don't work with windows 8.1 i'm running 8.1 with my H100I and it works fine:confused:

Don't know if this will shed light on the issue. On my R4E black, I had similar problems with H80i detection. As you know there are 3 USB 2.0 motherboard connectors, one of which is for the OC panel and I have it connected. The H80i would not show fans or pump when connected to either of the free USB 2.0 headers, no matter what I tried. looping a USB cable from the cooler to a free rear panel USB 2.0 or 3.0 connector solved that problem. It introduced another when the rear panel USB connector was the one for ROG (to which the OC panel is connected internally). The computer would no longer stay in sleep mode. I decided that I would order a USB 3.0 to 2.0 adaptor (male USB end) and connect the cooler internally to the USB 3.0 header. this solved all problems related to detection etc.

I've reinstalled the Link software a couple of times, changed usb headers, changed the Y-Cable etc. and then I finally found the files for the regedit fix. They were there now and I've changed the values to 0.

Now the Corsair Link software recognizes the H100i Pump as well as the H100i Temperature and I can also change the LED, however, the Noctua fans, which are NF-P12 PWM, are still not recognized although I've connected them via Y-cable to the H100i pump.

Is there a similar regedit fix for the fans or is it just that the H100i is programmed to only function with the standard fans it came with?

On a different note: is it normal that the Pump is always at 2185 rpm in normal mode (no significant cpu load involved)?

I've reinstalled the Link software a couple of times, changed usb headers, changed the Y-Cable etc. and then I finally found the files for the regedit fix. They were there now and I've changed the values to 0.

Now the Corsair Link software recognizes the H100i Pump as well as the H100i Temperature and I can also change the LED, however, the Noctua fans, which are NF-P12 PWM, are still not recognized although I've connected them via Y-cable to the H100i pump.

Is there a similar regedit fix for the fans or is it just that the H100i is programmed to only function with the standard fans it came with?

On a different note: is it normal that the Pump is always at 2185 rpm in normal mode (no significant cpu load involved)?

theres no regedit for your fans,some fans will not work unfortunately

your pump is a fixed rpm and cant be changed...

my problem I guess is a bit different, I had the h80i and changed to a h100i in the h80i I had to do that registry trick and it worked fine, yesterday when I installed the h100i and connected to the same usb header in my mobo it stopped reconizing the h100i again and even changing the registry is not working :(

It's worth pointing out that the cooler doesn't like to share hubs. I have my h80i on a USB a-b connection connected to the front hub on my case (itself connected to the second USB header on my mobo) and it works fine.

As with the guy above, my keyboard was the source of the conflict, but if they're on separate hubs, they don't have an issue.

I changed the pump to the USB connector form my mobo using the cable that corsair provides, but it still not working. But now I see two folders under the 1B1C one. Can I delete them and try to do it all over again?

• 3 weeks later...

"Now the Corsair Link software recognizes the H100i Pump as well as the H100i Temperature and I can also change the LED, however, the Noctua fans, which are NF-P12 PWM, are still not recognized although I've connected them via Y-cable to the H100i pump."

"theres no regedit for your fans,some fans will not work unfortunately"

Fantastic! I've bought an H100i and 2 Noctua fans, and now it looks like they won't work?

• 3 months later...

I also have similar problems do not improve in any way ..

değiştiridm connection, the location of USB cables ..

My corsair h100 although all versions programs yükleidg

win win win 7 8 8.1 installed I've tried everything

Now corsair LED light no fans at full speed trying spike mode çalışmıyor..so the speed corsair 3-pin input board's fan entries tanımıyor..corsar on fans pin inputs motherboard to Install the last speed does not work ..

Corsair running at full speed, but the LED does not light

this corsair h100 is broken, what should I do to

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Turkey benefits from the conqueror

help me help me help me plase

in türkey fatih yarar

Can anybody will help me

WHAT THIS SLEEP MODE

CORSAİRH100 WHAT IS SLEEP MODE

LED is not lit

RECENT WORKS SPEED fans.

PLEASE HELP

Even if you ATSAN MAIL

My e-mail address

My fthyrr1976fy@hotmail.com

Now corsair LED light no fans at full speed trying spike mode çalışmıyor..so the speed corsair 3-pin input board's fan entries tanımıyor..corsar on fans pin inputs motherboard to Install the last speed does not work ..

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Can anybody will help me

WHAT THIS SLEEP MODE

CORSAİRH100 WHAT IS SLEEP MODE

LED is not lit

RECENT WORKS SPEED fans.

PLEASE HELP

Even if you ATSAN MAIL

My e-mail address

My fthyrr1976fy@hotmail.co

URGENT PLEASE HELP

Archived