Corsair Community

HX750 Gold, fan is noisy with a capital N...

tubbypants

Hi all, first post here, I'm a new member from the UK. I've just finished a new build to replace my ageing core2duo Striker Extreme. I bought fairly top end parts excepting for the GPU where I went down (IMO of course) the 'best bang for buck' road.

Anyhow, I've had the PC up and running today everything went fine, but for my HX750 Gold causing me problems.

It powers up/works fine excepting for what started out as a gentle 'ticking' sound upon initial start up to a metallic knocking sound when it kicks in under load.

I've mounted it fan down in my build, but have since tried it fan up to see if it helped any, but to no avail...It sounds as though the fan is catching/fouling on something quite badly. I'll try to video the PSU in action and post a link as it's gradually becoming noisier and noisier.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, what's the RMA situation for UK customers?

Cheers, Bobby...

Anyway, to cut to the chase, what's the RMA situation for UK customers?

Just use the link on the left to request an RMA and once processed they will instruct you to send it to the nearest RMA hub. And for you I believe it would be the Netherlands..

If this is a brand new unit it may be best to send or take it back to your resellers. You could also ask for Corsair to pay the shipping costs if it's less than 30 days old.

Thanks for the info...I'll wait to see what RAM GUY recommends as well if you don't mind mate, no offence intended of course...;)

EDIT: I tried pm'ing him but his messaging is switched off for obvious reasons...if anyone could direct him to this thread I'd be grateful...

Yep, RMA has been issued and it's being picked up tomorrow...for any UK members out there, I did some searching and the most reputable/cheapest company I found was parcels2go, for this PSU it was £19.20 standard ( insured up to £50) or £23.40 (insured £120) to Holland...pity I didn't un-box it to test it out as I was waiting for other parts to complete my new build. Otherwise I might have gotten the free shipping option within 30 days from purchase off Corsair...We live and learn I guess...

...I'll post again when all this has been resolved... ;)

I was under the impression that if you RMA a PSU they send you a FREE post label via an e-mail?

Torment, if the unit is less than 30 days old you can request a pre-paid label. Otherwise you are responsible for the shipping charges. Just keep in ind that there are certain exceptions to this and Corsair will evaluate each case individually.

If you do end up paying to send it back to Holland can you claim this amount back?

As far as getting re-reimbursed ...That you would have to call in to CS and discuss with them. I don't ever recall that happening...at least here on the forums.

Just a quick update, I'm not trying to shill for parcel2go, but they picked it up at 29/04/2013 09:47:00 and it was delivered to Corsair's hub at 01/05/2013 12:03:00 using their cheapest option ( Parcel2Go Standard )...so anyone in the same position as me need not go for the more expensive, 'faster' delivery options...

By the way, what is the approx. turnaround time as my shiny new PC is sitting here gathering dust?

Normal turnaround time is 7-10 business days and it's possible it may be slightly longer for overseas customers. Once it hit's the hub it still may be a couple of days to process and get into the system and a another couple of days or so before a new one gets shipped.

...and everything's fine now...the HX750 is as quiet, as well, a quiet thing.

My experience with Corsairs returns process has been really good...the only thing that I can have a minor gripe about is having to pay shipping to the RMA hub on what was basically a brand new item...however it does state in the warranty that after 30 days from purchase this is the case...as I said earlier, it stayed in it's box until I sourced all the other parts for my new build, so learn from my mistake and dig out a paperclip to test it... stupid rules!!!

Joking aside, I was impressed at how quickly this was resolved to be honest...thanks for all the help/guidance... ;)

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry that happened and for future reference there is not much we can do about it from Tech support on the shipping but if that should ever happen with one of products I would suggest calling our customer service by phone they may be able to make and exception in that case and take care of the shipping. I cannot guarantee they will do anything but it never hurts to ask.

Archived