Corsair Community

BSODs caused by Link 2.20 and iastorA.sys

tyrannosaurus

Please stop highjacking my thread and stay on the track.

This subject here is IRST driver + Link causing BSODs basing on Windows 7 64.

I'm not interested in Windows 8 at all.

The problem is not only related to windows 8, i had the same exact problem under Windows 7 x64. It is also present with Windows 8 x64... which is something i am really astonished with, because people blame Windows 8 when it's not related to the OS, but to a driver incompatibility.

It's only related to Corsair Link 2.2.0 and Intel RSTe 3.5.x, on either Win 7 or Win 8.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please stop highjacking my thread and stay on the track.

This subject here is IRST driver + Link causing BSODs basing on Windows 7 64.

I'm not interested in Windows 8 at all.

your absolutely right and for that i apologize as it is your thread

i was just trying to help another and should have realized this opinion is a controversial issue

i do feel that corsair will get everyone's bugs worked out and we just get anxious in waiting including myself

Thank you, for your cooperation. ;) No problem, I just would like Ramguy to give us detailed information, what exactly they are doing to help us customers.

I've posted these bugs several time allready. All I got were some sore evasive reactions from Corsair.

Before, I was very interested in spending some money for Link-Commander, i100 and so on.

With these weak results I'll will search for other solutions.

And it's strange that Ramguy refers multiple to Windows 8 while ignoring Windows 7 and my OP.

I mean, I'm not the only one who is unsatisfied with this special behavior, just look in the web.

I don't understand how a solution will be found for Windows 8 when Windows 7 is all over the place. smh

I'am still waiting on fixes to have steady/full control of my fans, HD proper Temps, the HD light consistantly on/off every sec. If all these were fixed I'd be on cloud nine and wouldn't mind when the other fixes would come out as I would feel the basic needs are there.

your absolutely right and for that i apologize as it is your thread

i was just trying to help another and should have realized this opinion is a controversial issue

i do feel that corsair will get everyone's bugs worked out and we just get anxious in waiting including myself

Not to jump into fire, but windows 8 has been out for over a year for them to practice on, and its been way longer than a year for them to getting it working for windows 7. If you bought a car how many times would you bring it in for warranty repair before you had enough, better yet how long would you let the dealer keep it, without a functional replacement so you could get around? My guess is you can find other means for about 3 weeks to get around in. We have been struggling for over a year.

• 3 weeks later...
Not to jump into fire, but windows 8 has been out for over a year for them to practice on.

it isnt even half a year,much less a year

The operating system was released to manufacturing on August 1, 2012, and was released for general availability on October 26, 2012.[3]

This was posted 1-15-2013.

Any news, at least for Windows 7?

it isnt even half a year,much less a year

The operating system was released to manufacturing on August 1, 2012, and was released for general availability on October 26, 2012.[3]

Excuse my french but, screw Windows 8. Most enthusiasts on here wouldn't touch it with a 30ft barge pole.

But not to get off topic... iRSTe is extremely common and for it to not be compatible with Corsair Link is a huge blunder.

Windows 7 x64 or Windows 8 x64, who cares... the problem is exactly the same... intel RSTe 3.5.x BSOD on Link 2.2.0.

I tried both W7 and W8 with exact same result... i had to use a custom bios on my motherboard ans switch to Intel 11.6 OROM and 11.7 drivers, and avoid completly RSTe ... this way, i work without BSOD...

But i would like to come back to original MB BIOS, and avoid custom firmware...

So... almost a month ago that Ram Guy told us that we should see a new version... where is that new version now?

Having compatibility issues since installing the H100I too. It works ok without linksoftware / USB installed. However, when I install them the PC becomes incredibly unstable. Just moved it over as I couldnt even get the link software to recognise the H100I on my other pc.

This PC:

i7 3930K

Rampage IV Extreme

Muskin Sata3 246GB SSD

2 x WD 2 TB

16 GB Gskill 2400 MHZ RAM

3 x MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I have been trying without much luck to find what is actually causing the problem. When I had it on the other pc I could see all sorts of errors around the sierra services. This one isnt showing errors, just BSODs. Turned driver verification etc off but no dice.

So far no support... it's been known to cause BSOD under link 2.2.0 and RST3 3.5.x drivers since day 1 of the link 2.2.0 software... i don't really think i saw a formal acknowledgement from Corsair that they are aware of this BSOD incompatibility with their latest 2.2.0 software and RSTe drivers v3.5.x... your only chance is to go like i did, with a custom bios and use the 11.6 Intel OROM bios instead lf RSTe OROM... still you can use raid, and will not get BSOD...

So far no support... it's been known to cause BSOD under link 2.2.0 and RST3 3.5.x drivers since day 1 of the link 2.2.0 software... i don't really think i saw a formal acknowledgement from Corsair that they are aware of this BSOD incompatibility with their latest 2.2.0 software and RSTe drivers v3.5.x... your only chance is to go like i did, with a custom bios and use the 11.6 Intel OROM bios instead lf RSTe OROM... still you can use raid, and will not get BSOD...

Well... Asus motherboards also have problems with Intel's OROM and drivers. There are several threads about it on their forums. It's getting too complicated to jump through hoops just to get the PSU monitoring to work by selecting the proper MB UEFI and Intel's OROM, plus the drivers to get RAID to work in combination with the specific needs for the Link software and firmware. I was also planning on using the Corsair H100i, but I better avoid that as well. That will complicate things even more. It's way too much trouble and without proper support from Corsair it is not worth the money.

Edit: Thanks for your response, though. :)

Well... Asus motherboards also have problems with Intel's OROM and drivers. There are several threads about it on their forums. It's getting too complicated to jump through hoops just to get the PSU monitoring to work by selecting the proper MB UEFI and Intel's OROM, plus the drivers to get RAID to work in combination with the specific needs for the Link software and firmware. I was also planning on using the Corsair H100i, but I better avoid that as well. That will complicate things even more. It's way too much trouble and without proper support from Corsair it is not worth the money.

Edit: Thanks for your response, though. :)

Anytime... i am fortunate enough that for my Rampage IV Extreme, there is a good community modding bios for it, and i got the perfect custom bios with Intel 11.6 OROM with Raid... and i also use ah H100i with the Link Software... if i don't touch anything (try to open the minimized icon in the task tray) then the software works fine... But if i try to adjust anything, i am getting the Sierra crash, and all sort of problems... but i guess it all depends on everyone's configuration...

I say that because i got another system right beside my X79 system which is an older X58 with a Rampage III Extreme using the Corsair Link hub and cooling node, along with an H80, and on this system, i have no problem at all with Link software... it works perfectly on Win 8 x64... (both my systems uses Win 8 x64)... so i really guess they have problems with other drivers somewhere, incompatibility... what-so-ever... it's a great product, when it works... when it doesn't it's a real pain.

Anytime... i am fortunate enough that for my Rampage IV Extreme, there is a good community modding bios for it, and i got the perfect custom bios with Intel 11.6 OROM with Raid... and i also use ah H100i with the Link Software... if i don't touch anything (try to open the minimized icon in the task tray) then the software works fine... But if i try to adjust anything, i am getting the Sierra crash, and all sort of problems... but i guess it all depends on everyone's configuration...

I say that because i got another system right beside my X79 system which is an older X58 with a Rampage III Extreme using the Corsair Link hub and cooling node, along with an H80, and on this system, i have no problem at all with Link software... it works perfectly on Win 8 x64... (both my systems uses Win 8 x64)... so i really guess they have problems with other drivers somewhere, incompatibility... what-so-ever... it's a great product, when it works... when it doesn't it's a real pain.

Yeah. It's a hit or miss. ;)

I am not giving up that easy, though. I will still be watching these forums to see if there is some development.

Same issue here. Tried to install windows 8 x64 in my new rig with a AX1200i and one H100i as cpu cooler.

As soon I install corsair link I get BSOD (storport.sys) every few hours. Tried every RSTe driver available (3.5.x) and even without install any intel raid drivers i get that error.

So I moved to Windows 7 x64 and again get that BSODs, the only way to get rid of it was to install a old driver for RSTe (3.0.x) and now works fine, but with less performance on the raid array. Lucky that at the ASUS website still was available the old driver for windows 7 (it does not work with windows 8).

I'll wait for the next version of Corsair Link before update RSTe drivers. I recommend that this issue must be stated on the cooler and power supply documentation and thus one can decide if use raid or one of Corsair "i" products. If I knew that, surely I have bought the non "i" versions of those elements.

recommend that this issue must be stated on the cooler and power supply documentation and thus one can decide if use raid or one of Corsair "i" products. If I knew that, surely I have bought the non "i" versions of those elements.

+1

They should have informed the customer that their "i" product line is not compatible with IRST, so you would have had a choice.

Now it's more than 6 month ago and no solution is on the horizon.

Me too, I bought the AX1200i because of it's monitoring capabilities.

I regret my purchase as this PSU was expensive. Would like a model that's getting less warm and a fan profile that keeps the PSU cool under at least 30°C. Now it's getting pretty warm around 45°C, just put your hand on it after load. The fan starts too late for my taste and is not controllable without link.

Besides: what does "i" mean?

I mean I've attached my minidump file 1/03/2013 and there was no response since then.

What about a refund, if sending this product back, will this be possible if Corsair cannot fix this problem within a "reasonable" time window?

+1

They should have informed the customer that their "i" product line is not compatible with IRST, so you would have had a choice.

Now it's more than 6 month ago and no solution is on the horizon.

Me too, I bought the AX1200i because of it's monitoring capabilities.

I regret my purchase as this PSU was expensive. Would like a model that's getting less warm and a fan profile that keeps the PSU cool under at least 30°C. Now it's getting pretty warm around 45°C, just put your hand on it after load. The fan starts too late for my taste and is not controllable without link.

Besides: what does "i" mean?

I mean I've attached my minidump file 1/03/2013 and there was no response since then.

What about a refund, if sending this product back, will this be possible if Corsair cannot fix this problem within a "reasonable" time window?

i stands for ''integrated''

you can can call corsair and discuss whatever issues you have,their much easier to deal with than most companies.

Archived