Corsair Community

BSODs caused by Link 2.20 and iastorA.sys

tyrannosaurus

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RAM GUY, any update as to a fix for Win8 and Intel RSTe and BSOD ?

I spent about a week of chasing the BSOD issue on my Sabertooth x79 just to find out Corsair has been aware of the issues for quite a while.

I would not have bought the H80i if I knew there were these issues.

When can I expect a fix ? If I cannot get an answer, how do I get a refund ?

I already downgraded to 3.0.0.011 and no more BSOD.

Reading the past replies and judging the amount of time you have already spent without a workable solution I think I am going to ask for a refund. The forum does not give me a confidence level that the issue will be resolved soon.

I am going to a air cooler.

i think you coulda maybe might have hurt my feelings.;):

Haha, sorry man. Just introducing some fun in this forum. Everybody is glooming about corsair not introducing any updates. And I'm currently at a state which I don't really cares anymore. Everyday I've been parking in this forum hoping to get a glimpse of a new update. Well, looks like that you've been parking here too! :D

Well, again, I'm really sorry. Just want to introduce some humor. :D

no need at all to apologize as i was trying to be humorous myself;):

i actually consider it as a compliment to be associated with corsair even tho im nothing more than a user myself.

Haha, you've got me man! I've got a feeling that wink at the end of the statement meant something. :D

RAM GUY, any update as to a fix for Win8 and Intel RSTe and BSOD ?

I spent about a week of chasing the BSOD issue on my Sabertooth x79 just to find out Corsair has been aware of the issues for quite a while.

I would not have bought the H80i if I knew there were these issues.

When can I expect a fix ? If I cannot get an answer, how do I get a refund ?

I went exactly through the same experience. I am done.:mad:

Now I have deinstalled Link, put in new PWM Noctua fans connected to the mainboard.:D:

Look just give it one more week, they may have something actually fixed with the new update, at this point will a week kill ya. I know I know no updates for so long but I have a gut feeling that next week the update will finally roll out, if not then return it.

Strange issue since a long time. System was totally unresponsible and freezed. Had to power off completely. Any ideas?

I've installed the fresh released LINK 2.3.xxx 3 days ago and no IRST driver is installed.

Log Name: Application

Source: CorsairLINK2 Hardware Monitor

Date: 15-Mar-13 7:47:38 PM

Event ID: 0

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: XXXX-PC

Description:

Unable to write/verify to register 231

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="CorsairLINK2 Hardware Monitor" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-15T18:47:38.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>16962</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>XXXX-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Unable to write/verify to register 231</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

http://i45.tinypic.com/v4bcjd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I should have bought a different cpu cooler :(

Currently im using a h100i+commander-corsair cooling kit and a 860i

My current mobo it's an Asus Maximus v Formula, and as luck have it, im running a SSD raid 0 (2 samsungs 840 pro 256gb)

Im still bit confused about the iRST drivers, i dont see any of them on the asus Website

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_V_FORMULA/#support_Download_30

Can someone post the link for the iRST drivers that wont cause my w7 64 bits system to crash?

The current dirvers as per asus website is this:

Intel Chipset Driver V9.3.0.1021 for Windows XP 32bit & XP 64bit & Win7 32bit & Win7 64bit & Win8 32bit & Win8 64bit.(WHQL)

Is that the one i need to use or the one before?:confused:

I have not installed windows 7 yet, but i have founded some weird things atm

When i tried to use the h100i connected to the commander, the fans did spin, but the led from the commander did not turned on at all.

Atm im using the h100i connected to one of the 2 usb headers, the other one is in use for the commander, leaving me without any usb 2.0 :mad:

Had the buy this usb 2.0 header from ebay+ a $45 postage (live overseas)

Hopefully it will work.

Regarding w7:

When i tried to installed, load w7 using my usb stick, which had worked before without any issues, in this case, the computer did hot respond at all when the "windows is loading files" after that you see the w7 logo, it would not take more than 15 seconds, but in my case i waited 5 minutes and the damn thing did not load.

The commander led turned on when using the usb for the h100i, when the corsair link is connected to the commander, coming from the h100i, there is no led, however in both case the fans do spin:sigh!:

So, i went back and connected the h100i to the usb instead of the commander, SAME BLODDY THING! w7 wont load.

I was about to called it off, when i tried again, but in this case, i used an orignal dvd from w7, in this case, some HDD activity and voila! it did worked! (using the h100i connected to the us header, not the commander)

I have no clue of what is going on!

I was having a brainstorm, and tried again, in this case, the usb stick+ the h100i connected to the commander (some led turned on btw) and IT DID WORKED! I was able to see all my drives, in particular the raid 0 ssd drives, showing as one(476 gb)

Also, i have disable the Intel smart response (dont use it) and the Intel smart technology (i dont know what it's for)

Finally, the 2 ssd's are connected to the z77 chipset.

I know there is bug when using the h100i to the commander, so i rather be in the safe side for the time being.

What do you guys reckon???

Thanks for any advise.

Alright,

In the sata it is then.

Is this the version that will not cause the system to crash?

Intel Smart Connect Technology Software V3.0.41.1571 for Windows 7/8 32bit & 64bit.

Is that the drivers i need to install so i can avoid the BSOD?

Archived