Corsair Community

Force GT and Sabertooth X58--Is my ssd DOA?

mentalRAGE

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a Corsair Force GT 120Gb. I installed it in the SATA 6Gb/s ports on my mobo, but it wasn't recognized in bios, windows, or during the bios post. I tried to other SATA 6Gb (there are two), same result. I then tried plugging it into a SATA 3Gb/s port, and the ssd was still not detected. I updated my bios to the latest version, and also update the Marvell controllers before installing the ssd. I enabled AHCI (in bios and registry). Does anyone have ideas for me to try or do I just need to RMA it?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a Corsair Force GT 120Gb. I installed it in the SATA 6Gb/s ports on my mobo, but it wasn't recognized in bios, windows, or during the bios post. I tried to other SATA 6Gb (there are two), same result. I then tried plugging it into a SATA 3Gb/s port, and the ssd was still not detected. I updated my bios to the latest version, and also update the Marvell controllers before installing the ssd. I enabled AHCI (in bios and registry). Does anyone have ideas for me to try or do I just need to RMA it?

Thanks!

Sounds like a pure DOA. Use the RMA link on the left side of any forum page and we'll replace it. Or you can RMA with your place of purchase if you prefer.

Archived