Corsair Community

Vengeance XMP profiles

ritaylor

Wait, I just looked and you have a 990 CPU in your list is that what you are using with these modules? If so enable XMP Profile one and set the memory Voltage manually to 1.65 Volts and set the CPU/QPI Voltage to 1.25 Volts

Yes, a 990 it is. That is why I wouldn't use profile 2. Profile 1 (9-9-9-24 1.5v 1.2v) works just fine but that's not the point. My friend who has Vengeance modules has profile 1 as 9-9-9-24 2T 1.5v 1.35v and profile 2 is 9-9-9-24 1.5v 1.20v. So, I would say that the profile 2 on the modules that I have is incorrect. There appears to be some manufacturing problem. I just want my modules to be correct in case I sold them or moved them to another machine.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
The Profile is correct as far as I can tell but it appears the MB you have is miss reading Profile two. However, I have asked our engineering to check into this further. That was why I asked you to post a screen shot from CPU-Z so we are not relying on the MB BIOS.

The Profile is correct as far as I can tell but it appears the MB you have is miss reading Profile two. However, I have asked our engineering to check into this further. That was why I asked you to post a screen shot from CPU-Z so we are not relying on the MB BIOS.

SkyRyder posted cpu-z screen shots. He is having the same issue with a different motherboard.

Look again at profile 2. The first number (CAS) in profile 2 is a six. I don't think it is misreading the profile.

OK, I talked my friend into letting me borrow his Vengeance modules. His reads the same on my machine as they do on his. Profile 1 is 9-9-9-24 2N 1.50v 1.35v and profile 2 is 9-9-9-24 2N 1.50v 1.20v. Odd that the profiles are reversed. I would use profile 2 if I had his set. By the way, his is version 5.11 lot number 10470602.

SkyRyder, I'd be interested in knowing if your replacements are the same or different.

I just received notification that my set of Vengeance replacement modules have shipped. Don't know the arrival date yet, but as soon as I get them installed, I'll let you know.

Interesting that no one knows anything about this strange XMP-2 profile and why you received replacement modules with exact same set of errors?

I do think that both profiles are supposed to be 9-9-9-24, after all that is the specs printed on the modules. Perhaps no one looks at both profiles. Maybe this will spark interest and have more people check. I can't imagine that you and I are the only ones.

• Corsair Employee
If you have that issue please use the link on the left and request an RMA and then let me know the Case number I will email you special instructions to get this corrected

If you have that issue please use the link on the left and request an RMA and then let me know the Case number I will email you special instructions to get this corrected

OK I'll RMA. I'll email you the case #

• Corsair Employee
Please just post the case number sorry but no one can PM me except other Admins. I used to do that but it defeats the purpose of the forum. And it was just to many for me to handle.

I requested RMA and the Case number is 2036897. They've already issued a RMA number. Anxiously awaiting your email before I do anything.

Thanks.

I requested RMA and the Case number is 2036897

Thanks.

Postal Service is getting rich with us batting these packages across the continent!

My replacement set shows UPS label created on May the 5th, but no sign of it being posted yet. So I don't know when modules will arrive. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I plug them in either. I'm wondering what the 'Super Secret Set of Instructions' might contain.

Three is a Charm! Good Luck!

Postal Service is getting rich with us batting these packages across the continent!

My replacement set shows UPS label created on May the 5th, but no sign of it being posted yet. So I don't know when modules will arrive. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I plug them in either. I'm wondering what the 'Super Secret Set of Instructions' might contain.

No word from Ram Guy yet.

My (1st) RMA also showed up on UPS as label created for a couple of days and then all of a sudden it was out for delivery! Just keep checking the UPS site.

No word from Ram Guy yet.

Well, I’ve got the new set of Vengeance modules installed, and as I said, I’m not at all surprised! Different lot numbers, save version and same unresolved issue! Although I am surprised that no one thought to confirm this complaint before simply tossing a replacement package into the mail that has resulted in an absolute waste of time and money. The RMA cured nothing and I'm not returning this set until there's a definitive answer.

If anyone is curious, just look at the CPU-Z SPD images I posted on the first page of this thread. Except for the module lot numbers on the RAM label, all other info within the three images is exactly the same: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=94782

So, what is it, an incorrectly programed SPD within these Corsair memory modules, or a ‘variety’ of motherboards incorrectly interpreting the module’s SPD? If the later, could a BIOS intervention remedy the problem, or is the motherboard in need of RMA?

I too am a very unhappy camper! :mad:

Please let me know what sort of secret solution you find in your email response, so I can make a determination of whether or not another RMA is worth the extra ex$pen$e.

on second and subsequent RMAs postage is paid both ways by Corsair so there is no cost to you anymore.

OK, I talked my friend into letting me borrow his Vengeance modules. His reads the same on my machine as they do on his. Profile 1 is 9-9-9-24 2N 1.50v 1.35v and profile 2 is 9-9-9-24 2N 1.50v 1.20v. Odd that the profiles are reversed. I would use profile 2 if I had his set. By the way, his is version 5.11 lot number 10470602.

just asking, did you try YOUR modules in HIS board? im curious of the outcome.

if you dont want to bother i understand.

on second and subsequent RMAs postage is paid both ways by Corsair so there is no cost to you anymore.

just asking, did you try YOUR modules in HIS board? im curious of the outcome.

if you dont want to bother i understand.

No, I did not think of trying that.

Well, I’ve got the new set of Vengeance modules installed, and as I said, I’m not at all surprised! Different lot numbers, save version and same unresolved issue! Although I am surprised that no one thought to confirm this complaint before simply tossing a replacement package into the mail that has resulted in an absolute waste of time and money. The RMA cured nothing and I'm not returning this set until there's a definitive answer.

If anyone is curious, just look at the CPU-Z SPD images I posted on the first page of this thread. Except for the module lot numbers on the RAM label, all other info within the three images is exactly the same: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=94782

So, what is it, an incorrectly programed SPD within these Corsair memory modules, or a ‘variety’ of motherboards incorrectly interpreting the module’s SPD? If the later, could a BIOS intervention remedy the problem, or is the motherboard in need of RMA?

I too am a very unhappy camper! :mad:

Please let me know what sort of secret solution you find in your email response, so I can make a determination of whether or not another RMA is worth the extra ex$pen$e.

Sorry I've been gone so long. My daughter-in-law had emergency surgery and I've been kinda pre-occupied.

There was no secret email solution. RAM GUY called me at home!

They do know that there is an issue with the SPD on some modules. I don't know how many. They are sending me a new set (tested first). Corsair is paying shipping both ways.

This is absolutely the best customer service I have ever had. The best thing is for you to call customer service. I'm sure they will work with you.

• Corsair Employee
Or if I have not contacted you please post your case number in TSX or RMA# and I will personally call you by phone no matter where you are except maybe if you live on Mars that might be a call I cannot make! ;):

Or if I have not contacted you please post your case number in TSX or RMA# and I will personally call you by phone no matter where you are except maybe if you live on Mars that might be a call I cannot make! ;):

Okay RAM GUY, I've submitted request for 2nd RMA of incorrectly programmed SPD Profile.

RMA NUMBER: 1230187 has been issued and CASE NUMBER is: 2053004....Awaiting your instructions.

PS.

I've noticed that under 'Computer Memory' from 'Select Product From List' within drop-down list there is no selection for module package: CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9 So I went the route: RAM GUY has already helped me.

THANKS!

Sorry I've been gone so long. My daughter-in-law had emergency surgery and I've been kinda pre-occupied.

-snip-

They do know that there is an issue with the SPD on some modules. I don't know how many. They are sending me a new set (tested first). Corsair is paying shipping both ways.

-snip-

ritaylor: Thanks! And best wishes to your Daughter-In-Law for a speedy recovery!!!

Archived