Corsair Community

Vengeance XMP profiles

ritaylor

I've only had the modules for about a week. I wonder if I swapped them out through NewEgg, what the chances might be that I would receive another problematic batch; would there be less of a chance this happening taking the process through Corsair? Also, RMA through NewEgg is like three weeks. What a bummer!

I have had my modules since 4/19/2011. I'm doing RMA thru Corsair for fear I would get a set of the same batch from Newegg.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how many modules were manufactured with the odd settings. I was a tool and die maker at GE and once left a hole out of a machine and 10,000 parts were made before the missing hole was discovered. That was with supposedly 100% inspection!

I wonder how many modules were manufactured with the odd settings. I was a tool and die maker at GE and once left a hole out of a machine and 10,000 parts were made before the missing hole was discovered. That was with supposedly 100% inspection!

Whoa! :eek: Now you're scaring me buddy! I hope it was an insignificant 'clerical' error! :biggrin: You know...I've been wondering why the ice-maker in my GE fridge has been acting so weird....

Whoa! :eek: Now you're scaring me buddy! I hope it was an insignificant 'clerical' error! :biggrin: You know...I've been wondering why the ice-maker in my GE fridge has been acting so weird....

There has been a few lay offs. The little guy that turns the light on and off now has to operate the ice maker also :eek:

There has been a few lay offs. The little guy that turns the light on and off now has to operate the ice maker also :eek:
Wasn't laid off. The ice queen moved to my friend's fridge. Apparently she's made friends because that fridge shakes all night! :D:

I just went to my RMA case #: 2015264 and I noticed that 4 of the 6 modules that I entered RMA info for have been dumped only 2 remain. After I fill out the missing fields and submit info again, upon reentry into my case number, only 2 modules show info, the other 4 missing again.

I have a pack of 6 tuned, 24GB modules: CMZ24GX3M6A1600C9 - see pic of module info I posted earlier on page 1.

Yes RMA request form. I selected 6 modules, filled out LOT CODE for each module, and 'NA' for each module serial number. After submitting form, upon returning check RMA status, only info for two modules remain with LOT CODE and 'NA' serial number in tact, while the other 4 modules info fields have become empty.

I don't know what's causing it, I'm using MS IE9, had to use compatibility view in order to get my information to stay in the RMA request form. Still looks like info within all 6 of the RAM modules isn't present only 2, but everything else seems to have stuck...I hope.

-snip- Also, you only filled out one RMA form, correct?

SORRY! May have to wade through more than 'one'. Last one is finale. Didn't see the 'save' button as I was attempting to make corrections and get my info to stick in the fields

Thanks!

OK, I got the replacement modules today. The XMP #2 is still 6-9-9-24-2N-1.5v-1.35v. even though these are version 5.11. I am not a happy camper. the lot number on these is 111701463. Now what? Am I missing something here? Are the settings supposed to be like that now?

If I use profile2 and set the timings manually I will also have to set voltages. This totally makes XMP useless. I got these pics from my bios to show what is set. It won't post with profile2 and the volts are too high anyway.

profile1.jpg.378ee2de959b0b00897a053933e1cf40.jpg

profile2.jpg.bc9880df6c59880c470aa0240957ec48.jpg

• Corsair Employee
Wait, I just looked and you have a 990 CPU in your list is that what you are using with these modules? If so enable XMP Profile one and set the memory Voltage manually to 1.65 Volts and set the CPU/QPI Voltage to 1.25 Volts

Archived