Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D pics

faulkton

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, ok, I never took off the bottom HDD cage, only the top.

There's really no reason to ever take out the bottom cage or the box. Unless you plan on moving your HDD/SSD to the 5.25" bays and put a bigger 200mm fan in front (as seen above).

Duuuuude! I love that mainboard R3E Baby! I am waiting for the R4E to come out they say you can edit the bios and OC with an iPhone and the bluetooth link!;) have you had any issues with your Asus board? That AX1200 sits in there nice, plenty of room!

No problems with the board at all. Love it. Yeah the 1200 fits really nice. I do have a slight issue with bulging on the back side of the case. But nothing too terrible. The modular 24 pin cable is pretty hefty. Is the RE4 LGA2011? I'd assume so. Can't wait to find out the details.

DL yes it's LGA2011 with Quad Channel memory and only a single module per channel so only 4 sockets I am going with Corsair Dominator 1600 or 1800 2GBX4! I think Corsair already makes 4GB modules they might even make 6GB modules for this platform??? The boards are going to be shown first to the public this May!

Nice! Got my 650D yesterday, just finished the build. Here we go:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Squeetard/P1000210.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z225/Squeetard/P1000211.jpg

Fit the whole system in with Zero Mods, no drilling or custom brackets. Bolt in Watercooling.

Very nice build

i am thinking about doing something very similar

i was wondering what kinda rad you have up there 240 from which company

i was wodering if Ek 240 Rad would fit up there ?

htjunkie! I sent a PM but not sure that thing really works, it says no sent messages in my box, even though I just sent a message, I return PMed the faulkton once and he never got it so let me know here. As far as still deciding on the 650D? I keep saying this over and over, this is the best case on the planet right now for silent enthusiasts, as long as we get some new circle grommets, softer ones, the current ones just have too much transfer!

htjunkie! I sent a PM but not sure that thing really works, it says no sent messages in my box, even though I just sent a message, I return PMed the faulkton once and he never got it so let me know here. As far as still deciding on the 650D? I keep saying this over and over, this is the best case on the planet right now for silent enthusiasts, as long as we get some new circle grommets, softer ones, the current ones just have too much transfer!

Hi MeanBruce, I did get your PM, it worked just fine. I think there's a checkbox at the bottom of the composition windows that lets you archive your PM into the sent item folder. Can't wait to see the full specs!

One Extremely Interesting Development:

I knew the Corsair AX850 PSU uses its metal housing as a heat sink so the fan can remain OFF up to 25% load, and ultra-quiet up to 50% load (its much quieter than the graph indicates) but it never occurred to me, duh, that the heat would also be transferred into the 650D's metal structure, it is transferred! Now that’s one big heat sink! The right side panel rear to the window, the psu exit grille, the 7th and 8th card slot, the rear of the case just above the psu all get warm after extended use, and the AX850 fan still does not spin up at all, zero decibels!, a Silent Enthusiast’s Dream…Corsair is Brilliant! ;) I think Zalman tried this years back and were selling cases for $1200, it took Corsair to just simply make it work!

ht! check your mailbox tomorrow and good luck with your silent build!

One Extremely Interesting Development:

I knew the Corsair AX850 PSU uses its metal housing as a heat sink so the fan can remain OFF up to 25% load, and ultra-quiet up to 50% load (its much quieter than the graph indicates) but it never occurred to me, duh, that the heat would also be transferred into the 650D's metal structure, it is transferred! Now that’s one big heat sink! The right side panel rear to the window, the psu exit grille, the 7th and 8th card slot, the rear of the case just above the psu all get warm after extended use, and the AX850 fan still does not spin up at all, zero decibels!, a Silent Enthusiast’s Dream…Corsair is Brilliant! ;) I think Zalman tried this years back and were selling cases for $1200, it took Corsair to just simply make it work!

ht! check your mailbox tomorrow and good luck with your silent build!

I suppose if I ever need to replace my HX620, I will grab this one. Awesome design and engineering.

Yeah last time I did the calculation 4x3fans still equalled 12. The grommets are 90percent of this tissue. I took the stock fans and the controller out of the equation and still got the buzz cut with a 6dB fan on low volts in the rear. Think we might be gettin' it in the rear if all twelve grommets aren't replaced!

Yeah last time I did the calculation 4x3fans still equalled 12. The grommets are 90percent of this tissue. I took the stock fans and the controller out of the equation and still got the buzz cut with a 6dB fan on low volts in the rear. Think we might be gettin' it in the rear if all twelve grommets aren't replaced!

I guess we'll see what's in the kit...then resort to...

...more unconventional measures :evil:

i cant even add one to my cart or login in on the corsair site. I click add to cart and it still shows an empty cart.. same thing with logging into the corsair site. I made an account, confirmed it, and when i login in with my info it just still shows me as logged out.

the sound is annoying and i want to order a fix kit!!

The kit says 8 new grommets, ain't gonna do it and I am not a complainer, but that ain't gonna do it gentlemen, someone dropped this big ball long ago and the faithful are paying for it!

It also includes an "In-line adapter for fan controller" so it should resolve the issue, no?

I just need to know how to get one in Germany.

Archived