Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D pics

faulkton

which means should the corsair default 20cm fan spoils one day , there is no after market 20cm fan(same measurement) which we can replace ?

that sucks to be honest.

if your 2 year warranty is up i am sure corsair would sell you a new OEM fan.

Plus newegg does list some 200x20mm fans.

If you're willing to use only one HHD cage, it can be moved to the left and securely anchored to the floor. I think this would let you use just about any 200mm fan.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm tempted to go with the 650D for a smallish dual loop WC setup but I really need to fit a 360 and 240 rad instead of 2 x 240's... 800D it is, shame, the 650D looks like an awesome case. I just wish Corsair would bring out the 800D V2 to fix the current 800D airflow problems and lack of bottom rad mounting support.

The 600D? There is no Case from Corsair under that product name, AFAIK.

The 600D? There is no Case from Corsair under that product name, AFAIK.
It was a typo, I've since corrected it! You've actually quoted my updated post so how you managed to read 600D still I dunno! :laughing:

Someone in another forum wanted these so i figured i'd post them here too

Hopefully these help and it works because i want to be inspired to give water a try :P

The mounting holes actually protrude into the case a little bit beyond the screen and then the rubber grommet protrudes a little more...

this is with the grommet in place

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3805/img1990b.jpg

This is with the grommet removed.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6043/img2005aq.jpg

It was a typo, I've since corrected it! You've actually quoted my updated post so how you managed to read 600D still I dunno! :laughing:

Huh?

I am 100% sure that i quoted your original post with the 600D typo. But i guess not. Serious business!

Faulkton - While I am very sorry you don't have a Mobo, it sure is lucky for the rest of us, since you can keep take measurements and posting excellent photo's.

I plan to water cool this puppy and have a few more questions for you.

The flat plastic bottom of the hot swap caddy... how deep is that?

How far is it from the fan grate to the angled ribs on the how swap caddy?

(I am hoping to use a 2x140 rad)

can the current Cosair 200 mm fan be laid flat in the bottom or will support ribs need cutting?

Any chance you could lay your tape measure over the top mounting holes so I could determine the fan spacing and which rad to buy?

Thanks again!! You rock for taking all these measurements and posting all these pics. I hope you get a Mobo soon.

Thanks, Fan O' Water

Listed on Amazon? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!;) I searched Amazon, came up with nothing. Only faulkton's link will take you there! He must have a T1 connection in his living room! I wishlisted it, although don't know if that really does anything! Really nice review on Amazon about the case by guess who?........Mr. Faulkton, the man of the hour, the man with ALL the power! He must have the only 650D in North America right now! I'm green with envy. The rest of us just have to wait :(

Faulkton - While I am very sorry you don't have a Mobo, it sure is lucky for the rest of us, since you can keep take measurements and posting excellent photo's.

can the current Cosair 200 mm fan be laid flat in the bottom or will support ribs need cutting?

Any chance you could lay your tape measure over the top mounting holes so I could determine the fan spacing and which rad to buy?

Thanks again!! You rock for taking all these measurements and posting all these pics. I hope you get a Mobo soon.

Thanks, Fan O' Water

Hope these help.

album:

http://img200.imageshack.us/g/img2010p.jpg/

This is the only spot that the 200mm fan will fit at and only because of that cut out in the board tray.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/4700/img2088p.jpg

Quick question, but are the feet / bottom stands attached by screws? Can they be easily removed?

Yes you can take the rubber off and unscrew the bars that act as feet.

Just wondering, what's the weight of this case without any components? Since it's not aluminum, it will be heavy, but I'm wondering how heavy.

What size fans can you put up top if you remove the 200mm? Can it support two 140mm up there, such as the Noctua NF-P14 FLX's?

Also, for the front panel USB 3.0, looks like it's the crappy connect to the rear I/O panel method. My motherboard has the final specification for the headers, so will there be a way to use this case with the motherboard header?

One more question, how big of a video card can this case support, will it be fine with something like the Radeon 6950/6970?

Thanks!

Just wondering, what's the weight of this case without any components? Since it's not aluminum, it will be heavy, but I'm wondering how heavy.

What size fans can you put up top if you remove the 200mm? Can it support two 140mm up there, such as the Noctua NF-P14 FLX's?

Also, for the front panel USB 3.0, looks like it's the crappy connect to the rear I/O panel method. My motherboard has the final specification for the headers, so will there be a way to use this case with the motherboard header?

One more question, how big of a video card can this case support, will it be fine with something like the Radeon 6950/6970?

Thanks!

There are photos of the fan size/spacing in the album I just posted.

I dont know the weight of the case, but it is heavy. The shipping weight per UPS was 31#.

Yes it is the back i/o plate style usb3 front setup. I don't see why you couldn't cut the ends off and hardwire it into your board. If i am wrong, someone correct me.

Depending on where you put the hdd cages you could fit pretty much any size video card. Even with the stock placement of the cages you could still fit most cards pretty easy.

Thanks again Faulkton!

All your info has allowed me to keep moving forward instead of impatiently waiting for April to arrive. It is much appreciated!!

If you have watercooling questions - just ask, I owe you.

Cheers!

Your welcome.

I forgot to tell you that it looks like the entire eSATA box is held in with metal bendable tabs. I didnt try to remove it, for fear of breaking them off, but i believe the entire assembly could be removed and altered. You can see a tab in the last pic of the album. It is circled in red.

Would you mind posting what parts you plan on using? Like which rads, res & fans? I'm just curious.

Oh and post some pics someplace when you're all done!

Hey man, you have an absolutely fabulous case there! :)

Could you please measure the distance from the motherboard standoffs to the inside of the side panel, I'm wondering what is the maximum CPU cooler height (I'm planning to put Thermalright Archon in it which is 17cm tall).

Can anyone from Corsair comment on the weight of this case and what is the max length of video card without removing the drive cages?

And I'd also like to know what the max cooler height supported by this case as Topuz has asked.

Also, doesn't this thing have negative pressure, which is generally worse off for cooling than positive pressure? How does one make this positive when I don't see any additional fan mounting positions.

Thanks again.

Fan O' Water, what exactly are you planning with regards to water cooling hardware. I have been considering making my entry into the water cooling world with this case. I wanted to put a 55mm thick low fpi 2x140 rad up top and 25mm thick fans in pull (80mm total), but according to Faulkton's photos, it appears there's only room for a 35mm radiator and 25mm fans in pull.

There's also more than enough room for another 2x140 rad if you cut the bottom out. This would help supply the case with positive pressure as well. Only problem is that you would only have the three hard drive bays hanging from the 5" bays. I only have 2 hard drives myself, so it would not be an issue.

650D%20Bottom%20Rad.jpg

Or perhaps there's a decent 180mm radiator to put on the front, so you don't have to cut up a brand new $200 case... All this to say I would have much preferred support for a 3x120 or 3x140 radiator up top instead of the hot swap bay. I'm not sure how many people are using hard drives as USB sticks... Sorry if I sound so critical, Corsair. I know you can't please everybody 100%. It's a beautiful case!

EDIT: Haha, just noticed Newegg is already out of stock again!

Hi Faulkton and Cmeeks -

Newegg just auto notified me, so I have a 650D on order, Yeah!!!

I'm making a custom reservoir that takes up 5 optical drive bays so that will require me to completely hack up this case. I just hope my acrylic fabrication skills are as good as my cad skills. ;>)

So the stock front will be hacked up and then I will make a false cover, so it is clean when done.

I plan on mounting either the stock 200mm fan, the 200 from my Cosmos S (a great case for water cooling but just too big for my taste) or a Silverstone AP181 fan on the bottom. Since I will have to carve up the optical drive bay cage I may mount a 120 fan inside it blowing air over the ram.

I am not going to change any of my current gear (see system list), unless I can't get the 3x120 packaged on top in an appealing way (it will be fully enclosed for a finished look. If I do change I will use a 2x140 radiator (probably a black ice sr1). I will make a thin plenum to clear the back of the hot swap caddy and mount some fans on top. Then encase them in a shell of some type (probably thin machined aluminum).

I'll mount my 120 rad in the usual place.

My wc gear is a Laing dd4 pump (swiftech mcp650), 4 danger den water blocks (cpu, nb, sb, and gpu), all 1/2 inch tubing, two black ice radiators (120 and 3x 120 mm). I have a dual bay reservoir and use a mix of cooler master and Scythe fans.

Cmeeks - some people like rads at the bottom, I don't beucase I tend to drop things. My current rads are thin 30 mm and work really well with fans running between 900-1200 rpm.

One thing to check out (at Frozencpu) are the 200 mm rads - might be able to mount one right behind the intake fan.

And as Faulkton pointed out the hot swap caddy might be removable creating more space inside.

This is a beautiful case, but a little tight for over the top wc'ed rigs. The flat surfaces are easier to work with, so i think I can pull off my idea.

Since I should have one by the middle of next week I will tell you what I find out. Faulkton your photos were excellent, but nothing compares to having it in your hands.

Fun times ahead!

Hello, thanks for all this pics an videos. The case is so cool, I'll get one soon.

Would you anwser a few more questions about the case :

It looks like there are 2 USB 3.0 on front panel of your photos, however it's said there is only one on the official spec page. Can you confirm they are 2 ?

Also it looks like the USB 3.0 connectors are not mother board connectors but type A male ? Does it mean that you have to pull the cable outside the case to plug them to the back panel of the mother board ? Is there any provided adaptor to connect them to the onboard connector of the mother board ? (I found some cheap adaptor that would do the job for usb 2.0, but not for usb 3.0 : http://images.icecat.biz/img/gallery/4717590_708.jpg )

What about USB 2.0 connectors ? Are they also A type ?

Please excuse me if my english is wrong, but I'm not a native speaker.

Archived