Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D pics

faulkton

I got a lian li bezel to work.. not really happy with the gap.. which isnt quite this noticeable in real life... but even with the gap it is better than the bezel i painted IMO.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9687/img2215t.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/52/img2221n.jpg

i have a plan to fix the gap and better intake on this fan:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6586/22299858.jpg

If i can get Corsair to sell me another mesh front intake filter i could cut it lengthwise to fit where I have the drive bay covers at right now.

It would fix the gap and offer better airflow for the fan in the ODD bay.

I emailed asking if i can buy a replacement cover and i hope they will sell me one!!

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My lian li hdd rack finally showed up today and I love it. It fits wonderfully and really quietened the spindle drive down, not to mention the thing is super duper quiet.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/kittysox_photos/DSC00612.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/kittysox_photos/DSC00611.jpg

Just need micro center to stock the b3 replacement boards so I can throw in the noctua nh-c14 and finally be done with it, now just in time to start over with bulldozer:cool:

Looks like that can hold 3 drives. I wonder if the fan is necessary. I am close to purchasing this.

How do the drive covers fit in regards to it? Do they fit back into place like normal?

Yup i didn't change anything on the front panel. It snapped right back into place over the fan.

and judging by hwmonitor it looks like the fan made about a 3-4 degree c difference in the temperature of the spindle drive.

imo they are ugly. I thought my silver arrow fans were terrible too, so i painted the cage black.

i really want to try cutting one of the mesh filters down and using it instead of the 5.25 bay covers.. i think it would look very nice and increase air flow.

I called and emailed corsair about buying another one but so far no word.

imo they are ugly. I thought my silver arrow fans were terrible too, so i painted the cage black.

i really want to try cutting one of the mesh filters down and using it instead of the 5.25 bay covers.. i think it would look very nice and increase air flow.

I agree, they are ugly, but I think they could grow on me. I'm just not sure if the performance would be that much more magical. Only one way to find out. Right now I am using the rear 120 that came with the 650D, and the other one is from my 600T. I have them hooked to the fan controller, and am running on low. I'm sitting at around 32 to 34 degrees. Think I could run the noctuas at 1100 rpm, stay at about the same noise level, and loose a few degrees. That is my hope anyways.

@faulkton, maybe even a better option would be to get the 5.25 drive bay covers from the 600t. Same idea, but less modification.

@kittysox

I'm on the line on weather or not to add 2 noctua fans to my h70. Do they look that terrible do you think?

I love the color scheme but I seem to be in the minority:(: The fan colors are usually the first thing anyone points out about my cases and unfortunately it's usually pointed out in disgust!

I love the color scheme but I seem to be in the minority:(: The fan colors are usually the first thing anyone points out about my cases and unfortunately it's usually pointed out in disgust!

I think the look could grow on me. It kinda goes with the color scheme of the ax psu's. A little anyways, or at least thats what i'm trying to convince myself. Anyways as someone who is using them, do you think they are worth it performance wise?

I think the look could grow on me. It kinda goes with the color scheme of the ax psu's. A little anyways, or at least thats what i'm trying to convince myself. Anyways as someone who is using them, do you think they are worth it performance wise?

They're fantastic fans, super quiet, move a good amount of air and come with the wires pre-sleeved. But as far as just a straight up value based on their performance they may not really justify the price only taking performance into account. But as nice as your rig is I personally think the sleeved cable's and quality of the fans would make it worth it to me.

I agree, they are ugly, but I think they could grow on me. I'm just not sure if the performance would be that much more magical. Only one way to find out. Right now I am using the rear 120 that came with the 650D, and the other one is from my 600T. I have them hooked to the fan controller, and am running on low. I'm sitting at around 32 to 34 degrees. Think I could run the noctuas at 1100 rpm, stay at about the same noise level, and loose a few degrees. That is my hope anyways.

@faulkton, maybe even a better option would be to get the 5.25 drive bay covers from the 600t. Same idea, but less modification.

ya i replaced the stock rear fan with a noiseblocker M12-S3HS and that is what i used in the hdd cage too. They are pretty nice fan, they scream quality while being whisper quiet and i like the way they mount.

I thought about the 600t bay covers, but i think that a solid panel would look better and that way i could cut it to hide the gap from my lian li drive bezel mod.

I pretty much had to completely take apart the lian li bezel and dremel the heck out of it to get it to work. It left a gap either at the bottom of the bezel (where it is now) or in between the bottom piece of the bezel and the slide out tray. I think it will be great if i can get rid of the gap and add increased airflow at the same time!

edit:

God i love Corsair! Got a hold of them and they said the mesh piece would come with my fan fix kit.

Corsair has solidified their place as a top notch vendor once again!! Why cant every company be this great????

You can always buy some here from MnpcTech and cut it to whatever size or shape you need:

http://www.mnpctech.com/moddersmesh.html

Ah, never mind, I see you scored with Corsair. That sure was nice of them...

You know guys I really think we should all thank Corsair George (Mr. Redbeard) as much as we can handling this whole fantroller thing, I dont know about you, but I want to show him my gratitude. My family is involved with the San Francisco Giants baseball club, world champions baby! and if Corsair George wants to take his gorgeous wife or gf to a couple of home games I would be happy to help. Just PM me at the other forum and we can set up some tickets behind homeplate, its gonna be a great season! ;)

You know guys I really think we should all thank Corsair George (Mr. Redbeard) as much as we can handling this whole fantroller thing, I dont know about you, but I want to show him my gratitude. My family is involved with the San Francisco Giants baseball club, world champions baby! and if Corsair George wants to take his gorgeous wife or gf to a couple of home games I would be happy to help. Just PM me at the other forum and we can set up some tickets behind homeplate, its gonna be a great season! ;)

Well I'm from Texas and we don't really like you guys anymore!

But corsair has done an awesome job taking care of this and I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. It really is the absolute best mid-tower on the market at the moment.

Very nice build

i am thinking about doing something very similar

i was wondering what kinda rad you have up there 240 from which company

i was wodering if Ek 240 Rad would fit up there ?

If you're planning a quiet watercooling setup, you'll need to use low rpm fans (obviously)... in this scenario the XSPC RX240 would be the best rad for your money. You would get better results with a ThermoChill P120.2 but for the extra money you pay you will only be getting roughly 1°C lower temps.

As far as I'm aware both rads I've suggested will fit in the 650D if mounted at the top without modification.

As much as I love EK blocks, EK radiators are not up to scratch so I personally wouldn't get one.

I found a solution to the buzzing I had with the rear fan. I guess I am the only one with this issue, maybe because I have my 200mm fans slowed down so much the sound becomes apparent. I just mounted the stock Corsair 120mm by only the top two screws leaving the bottom two mounts free and at those contact points I used some small Sorbothane adhesive squares attached to the fan itself. It looks like nothing was done, factory fresh. If anyone is having this problem really any soft vibration adsorbtive material will work. My CPU temps with the 200mm fans way slow and no fans attached to the CPU cooler are a constant 30 on idle and GPU seems to change with room temp, from 36 to 41, and my fans are barely moving so you know this is a very Airy Case. I placed a digital thermometer on top of the case and I actually get warmer temps coming from OUTSIDE the 200mm fan diameter where all the ventilation holes are both in front and behind the fan, a few degrees warmer than the air moving thru the fan itself, another good sign that this case cools very very well by design!;)

If you're planning a quiet watercooling setup, you'll need to use low rpm fans (obviously)... in this scenario the XSPC RX240 would be the best rad for your money. You would get better results with a ThermoChill P120.2 but for the extra money you pay you will only be getting roughly 1°C lower temps.

As far as I'm aware both rads I've suggested will fit in the 650D if mounted at the top without modification.

As much as I love EK blocks, EK radiators are not up to scratch so I personally wouldn't get one.

This is for people planning watercooling with the 650D AWARE of the clearance available for watercooling.

Both radiators will fit without mods only WITHOUT FANS! The 650D has 76mm of clearance for radiator mounting with fans. Both suggested radiators are 60mm thick leaving you 16mm left for fans. Fans optimal for use with radiators are 25mm thick or more. The only fans you could use are 120mm x 12mm slim fans by Scythe and are no good for watercooling due to low static pressure. You need fans with good static pressure for the air to penetrate the radiator!

Best radiators for good watercooling results have to be 50mm or less in thickness.

Best performance radiator to use would be the older BIX 240 x flow at 45mm with med to high speed fans.

For quiet with med to low speed fans the Swiftech MCR-220 at 34mm would be the best. Most rads designed for lower speed fans

are 60mm thick or more.

Corsair seems so talented at working with other companies taking outstanding designs and improving upon them to give enthusiasts amazing products, kings of collaboration; I wish they would call up Noctua in Austria and work together to create the world’s best 200mmx30mm fan. It would be expensive and there is no way they could include it with the 600T and 650D cases, the sku prices would just go too high. Yet as an accessory, a new Corsair product category, I am guessing the cost would be $35 to $39 for each fan, still believe both companies would do well in such a venture, and finally a high quality Noctua fan that comes in Obsidian Black, now yure talking baby! ;)

I for one am sold on noctua. I just put 2 120's on my h70, and my cpu temps dropped by 3 degrees Celsius. This is on medium, the black resistor, at 1100 rpm. The best part is I can't even hear them. The fans I had on it were on the fan controller on low, and they were louder than the noctuas on medium. I am now considering putting two 140mm noctuas on the top in place of the 200mm. Maybe. That 200 moves quite a bit of air.

I've done a crap ton of research and I've arbitrarily decided the best option for the 650D is either a Koolance 2x140 or the Phobya 200. It's difficult to decide between the two, however. The Koolance 2x140 is 30FPI, so it's going to scale really well with higher speed fans, but it's going to suck at lower RPMs.

Considering how little is known about the Phobya 200, here are the results of my Phobya 200 research (sorry, it's a bit of a brain dump/rehash from another forum):

The Phobya 200 is only 8 FPI, so no real need to worry about static pressure. Get a fan that moves lots of air and you should have pretty good results. The only question is how well the Phobya 200 scales with increasing air flow. Exploring fan options, I think the NZXT 200 (1300 RPM and 166CFM) would be a good match for the Phobya 200. Next best fan choice would probably be the Silverstone FM181 or perhaps the Silverstone Air Penetrator - both 180mm fans. This is all assuming advertised flow rates are semi-accurate (I know, that's giving manufacturers lots of credit).

I would really like to know what would be better between a slim 2x140 rad and the Phobya 200 (all assuming fans with a max rpm of 1400), but I'm really leaning towards the Phobya 200. I'm thinking the Phobya has the Koolance beat up to about 1200-1400 RPM.

http://www.abload.de/img/img_4124rr22.jpg

Check out the Koolance 280 vs Phobya 200 in the plot below. Too bad they don't show results for the Phobya 200 at higher RPMs. Notice in the plot below, that the Phobya 200 is only at 700RPM, while all the others are at 800. Here's the SOURCE.

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/attachments/208361d1269561761-size-matters-radiatoren-fuer-140mm-luefter-im-grossen-testvergleich-deltat800wujc.jpg

Flow Rate (LPH) - It's also apparently somewhat lower restriction

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/attachments/208365d1269561761-size-matters-radiatoren-fuer-140mm-luefter-im-grossen-testvergleich-durchflusse5ta.jpg

Phobya 200 Review 1

Phobya 200 Review 2

More Phobya 200 Pictures

Corsair seems so talented at working with other companies taking outstanding designs and improving upon them to give enthusiasts amazing products, kings of collaboration; I wish they would call up Noctua in Austria and work together to create the world’s best 200mmx30mm fan. It would be expensive and there is no way they could include it with the 600T and 650D cases, the sku prices would just go too high. Yet as an accessory, a new Corsair product category, I am guessing the cost would be $35 to $39 for each fan, still believe both companies would do well in such a venture, and finally a high quality Noctua fan that comes in Obsidian Black, now yure talking baby! ;)

I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with you there MeanBruce

Archived