Corsair Community

Another leaker

Northyboy

Hi All,

My H50 has also leaked :evil:(

Just like the other guy its leaked all over my cpu, motherboard, filled the pcixpress slots and covered an area on both my GTX460 cards.

needless to say my sytem will not boot....

will corsair replace the damaged components as well as the h50 watercooler. Although i doubt i will be putting a H50 unit near my PC's again.

im gonna go away and cry now....lol

Tony

• Corsair Employee
Hi All,

My H50 has also leaked :evil:(

Just like the other guy its leaked all over my cpu, motherboard, filled the pcixpress slots and covered an area on both my GTX460 cards.

needless to say my sytem will not boot....

will corsair replace the damaged components as well as the h50 watercooler. Although i doubt i will be putting a H50 unit near my PC's again.

im gonna go away and cry now....lol

Tony

Take lots of pictures of any damage and Request an RMA. When you get the RMA number please send an email to ramguy@corsair.com with your pictures and put your RMA # in the subject line.

Thankfully the liquid in these coolers are de-ionised, which means the liquid is non conductive. I have cleaned all the liquid up and to my amazement it all still works... YaaY!

As the video cards and slots were saturated with this fluid the contact between the two would have been prevented and thats the only reason it wouldnt boot up.

I have an RMA for the H50...Not Sure if i will be putting the replacement unit back in my pc though...even though all has turned out ok in the end.

Thanks for your assistance guys!

Thankfully the liquid in these coolers are de-ionised, which means the liquid is non conductive. I have cleaned all the liquid up and to my amazement it all still works... YaaY!

As the video cards and slots were saturated with this fluid the contact between the two would have been prevented and thats the only reason it wouldnt boot up.

I have an RMA for the H50...Not Sure if i will be putting the replacement unit back in my pc though...even though all has turned out ok in the end.

Thanks for your assistance guys!

So where did it leak at?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It leaked where the pipe joins the cpu cooler it seems, hard to tell exactly where though.

This has now come back to haunt me.

Where all the coolant has dried it has left white chalky marks everywhere. I could live with that but it appears to have corroded the contacts on both my 460 graphics cards as well as the contacts in the pci express slots. Causing constant crashes whenever i try to do anything remotely demanding on my pc. GGRrrrrrr...

I hope Corsair are gonna sort this out!!!!

I will keep ya posted...

So many? There's been 4 I think. Also, since this is primarily a tech support forum, almost all of the posts are supposed to be people with questions / problems.

Have any leaking H50s been RMA'ed and examined? What's been the cause(s) of the leaks? Production failure? Strain on the tubes/connections? I'm quite curious.

Archived