Corsair Community

F120 SSD Random Kernel-Power 41 BSOD; Not Detected on Boot

there anybody running these drives without issues WITH trim enabled?

they say the problem affects only a minority of people. somewhat i feel it happens to everyone.

Hi

well I didn't encounter the issue.

I have a F60 and Gigabyte motherboard (P55 chipset). Since I deactivated the hibernation/hybrid sleep and HDD stand-by I didnt have any other crash and my trim is always enabled ...

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We anticipate that we will have a completely tested firmware version around the end of September, and will make it available here as soon as we have it. If we expect this date to change significantly, we will let you know.
Around could be before or after, so please be patient :)

For sleep mode sifting to IDE-mode helped me like i say before. And i was under thinking that it would help others that had radom or idel BSOD problem, but when i test it and sleeped in painly noice of fan's and then after workday i comeback, i find it down and saying it didnt find boot files.

So i did like normaly under sleepmode BSOD, i press ctrl, alt, del. Put it didnt work, same message again. Finaly after some trys i have to get power cable out of my PSU back and put it back, then it worked normaly.

So i think there is 2 different problems, in hand (+different configurations) and this time they test them more,... that takes time.

What's really funny is that, after writing on page 28, I didn't have a single BSOD. Now I am not implying that Corsair telekinetically fixed my SSD. What I'd rather be interested: Is there is a distinct difference between turning off Hybrid Sleep Mode via the Energy Options vs. switching it off via "powercfg" on the command line? That's the only thing I've changed since then.

This 1.1 doesn't address our issues? I'll keep waiting systems running fine for well over a month now, 1.5 months.

No it doesn't, I suggest you wait a little longer for the real release. If 1.0 is semi-working for yourself then there's no point in upgrading to 1.1 as it might make matters worse as it has for some people.

So now you're publicly releasing the firmware that doesn't address the issues that people posting in this thread have? :confused:

Where is the pleasure in that?

1. I don't work for Corsair.

2. 1.1a fixes an issue, and some people have that issue. Why make them wait?

This is for updating early drives to the most recent shipping firmware, aka 1.0 to 1.1. There is another update more recent than 1.1 that we expect from SandForce any day now.

• Corsair Employee

Shivan

Firmware 1.1 was released last month in production drives and the utility was not fully tested so the update was not released to the general public. However it was released on Monday for general public use. This firmware does solve some of the issues users have reported but yes it will not solve them all.

However many users have had versions 1.1 Firmware drives and not having issues at all, so it was released and we are working with SanForce to release the next firmware. Sorry I do not have an ETA when it will be available but I would expect any time.

Archived