Corsair Community

Incompatibility between Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and TX950W?

Tipiak

no replay until now, it seems that they are too busy :(

Edited : it seems that there's no alternative solution for my shipping problem, i'll try to find a solution myself to send it back.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought a TX950W yesterday. Spent 10h trying to figure out why I can't boot nor reinstall windows. And guess what: I'm joining a club with Asus Ramapage 2 Extreme. Same issues as mentioned in this thread.

My specs:

i7 920

Asus Rampage 2 Extreme

Corsair Dominator 6GB 1866Mhz

XFX GTX285

And incompatible Corsair TX950W

Ramguy told the issue were fixed and offered to replace a motherboard. But how can it be fixed if I bought a motherboard ages ago and PSU could be from the old stock (the one with the issue). Corsair should know the s/n or revision of the "bad" psu's. Disappointing..

Hi Guys

RAM GUY, please help me.

I´m a computer reseler from Brazil and I have the same problem with TX950. But the problem is that the Official Retailer from Corsair Brazil named Everbiz, they don´t know about the problem. I buy 2 tx950 from Everbiz and i have the same problem as everyone here with the asus P7P55 PRO.

Can anyone at Corsair contact Everbiz and explain about the problem? I don´t know what to do to solve the problem, and the official retailer from Corsair Brazil don´t know too.

Thank you so much and sorry for the bad english.

• Corsair Employee

The issue is a compatibility issue between the power circuit of some ASUS MB's and our 950TX PSU and the issue was addressed by ASUS in their production, however because of the number of MB's on the market we also addressed the issue with some changes to our PSU, so any new PSU should not have that problem, if you have the issue you can contact our customer service for a replacement on the PSU or contact ASUS for a replacement on your MB to solve the issue.

Please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com if you have any questions regarding this issue. Unfortunately I have no more information than what I have already posted in this thread.

Same issue, I've not been able yet to load the OS (Win7). I have open case #1446720 thinking it was the memory but after replacing the memory I got same behaviour. My specs:

Asus P6T deluxe V2, proc. Core i7 930, p.s. Corsair 950TXEU, mem. TR3X6G1866C9DF, Corsair H50, GPU Sapphire HD5870, disks WD caviar black 1Tb.

Same issue, I've not been able yet to load the OS (Win7). I have open case #1446720 thinking it was the memory but after replacing the memory I got same behaviour. My specs:

Asus P6T deluxe V2, proc. Core i7 930, p.s. Corsair 950TXEU, mem. TR3X6G1866C9DF, Corsair H50, GPU Sapphire HD5870, disks WD caviar black 1Tb.

I sent an online RMA and waiting for instructions. Thanks to all for this information, I was going nuts trying to understand why it was freezing. I actually replaced and changed everthing... but the PSU... :(:

Ramguy told the issue were fixed and offered to replace a motherboard. But how can it be fixed if I bought a motherboard ages ago and PSU could be from the old stock (the one with the issue). Corsair should know the s/n or revision of the "bad" psu's. Disappointing..

I agree Corsair should be able to tell by the s/n when the PSU's were made. I also asked Ramguy if I should go ahead and send my PSU back since my RMA was approved just to be on the safe side but he never replied back. He also said that my PSU should come from current production stock but since some are still posting about this issue I find it harder and harder to believe that I won't have any issue with mine. I haven't started my new build yet but I know it's going to be extremely frustrating to have all of the PSU cabling and all tied together real nice and perty only then to discover PSU issues. Our best bet may just to be to try and call ASUS to get a better explanation of this whole thing. At least they can tell by their s/n's when their boards were manufactured.

You guys, I have LITERALLY WASTED over 100 dollars on shipping costs sending in Corsair Dominators and here i stumbled onto this thread. I have precisely the exact same problems. And i have a tx950 and a asus p6t deluxe v2... i swear, i have probably aged 5 years in the past 2 months. I dont have enough time in the day to scour the threads as i work 10 hour shifts and commute an hour both ways. i have literally tried replacing everything. and i mean EVERYTHING, the lost thing i was thinking is "it cant be my PSU, thats a corsair! its rock solid." low and behold, here it is. i cant believe this, i have gotten past install but have had freezing constantly with hard resetting only working. i cant tell you how relieved i am to find out, it wasnt me. constantly trying to work out in your mind what your missing, or what your messing up is a miserable experiance.

Just talked to Jake at tech support, and he confirmed this thread. Bout to request my RMA now.

the same problem!!! p6t deluxe v2 + corsair tx950!!! And I think the PSU may have damaged the motherboard!!! I tried following:

1º changing in the shop the PSU to another manufacturer PSU, and it didn't work

2º changing in the shop a new same MB with the another PSU, and it work fine.

3º So i thought that the problem was the MB, and I got a new MB, went to my house, and mounted with the TX950, and now I have the same problems!!!

I don't have another PSU to try, but I fear the worst...

i almost did the same thing, mb is at asus right getting replaced.... and i would have hooked back up to the 950 had i not stumbled onto this thread. Still waiting to hear back from Ramguy, or RMA support about my replacement options. i really dont feel that great about getting a revised 950 back, id really like to change it for something else. I would think Corsair would pretty much understand, seeing as how this combo, has compelled unknowingly me, and many others with the same combo to spend a lot of unncecessary money on RMAing almost every component in the rigs with this mb/psu combo.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, and I have the same problem too (((

ASUS P6T SE (RTL) + Corsair CMPSU-950TXEU = Windows 7 boot hangs on Starting Windows (Screen with Logo). Reboot windows 7 is normal. With old PSU Windows booted normal.

After turn-on computer I have to wait about 30 min while Corsair 950 PSU "is burned" and windows 7 booted.

I read this topic and I think that I must buy new PSU not Corsair brend...

Yes, and I have the same problem too (((

ASUS P6T SE (RTL) + Corsair CMPSU-950TXEU = Windows 7 boot hangs on Starting Windows (Screen with Logo). Reboot windows 7 is normal. With old PSU Windows booted normal.

After turn-on computer I have to wait about 30 min while Corsair 950 PSU "is burned" and windows 7 booted.

I read this topic and I think that I must buy new PSU not Corsair brend...

You need to re-read the thread. In short:

There was nothing wrong with our PSU or the Asus motherboards. It was a component variance issue. A certain component used on certain Asus motherboards did not play nicely with a component we used in the TX950. It was rare to have the issue, but when you are selling thousands of these units a month you are bound to see a few people here and there than ran into a problem. At this point the issues have been resolved on both ends and we have not seen anyone run into this problem in quite a few weeks. If anyone DOES run into this problem, then it can be resolved by either doing an RMA on the motherboard or the PSU, and we will be happy to replace any PSU that could be causing these issues or any other issue for that matter.

What is the RMA address in the Netherlands?

I create the Case in RMA and I receive message with the only 1 address for return:

Attn: RMA Department

Corsair Inc. 46221 Landing Parkway

Fremont, CA 94538

Phone 510-657-8747

Jimster,

The information is there just not all in one thread.

However, there was some problems reported between some ASUS MB's and our 950TX PSU and until the issue was isolated and a solution was found we offered anyone who had a problem to switch to an 850HX or 1000HX as a convenience. ASUS and Corsair worked to find and solve the issue. ASUS made some changes in their production and we made some changes to correct that issue no matter what version of MB was used. So it has been solved and replacing the MB or PSU will solve the issue. If you have that issue just get an RMA and the PSU can be replaced with a new 950TX that will no longer have that issue. However, all PSU's in the channel should be current production units and should not have that problem.

hmm, I havent been able to find anything on the ASUS forum.

So the the fixes ASUS has made, are those fixes which solves other suppliers PSU's also? Or is it for Corsair PSU tx950 only?

I mean, I have had 20+ asus products, and never had any issues, and would have assumed ASUS have their "power" things on MB's sorted for a long time.

Whatever the issue(s) is/are, Are they all solved in the HX/AX series, or do one run the risk again?

I am planning on ASUS Rampage Extreme III, and either AX850 or AX1200.

Will the be any issue, assuming both product non faulty?

• Corsair Employee
hmm, I havent been able to find anything on the ASUS forum.

So the the fixes ASUS has made, are those fixes which solves other suppliers PSU's also? Or is it for Corsair PSU tx950 only?

I mean, I have had 20+ asus products, and never had any issues, and would have assumed ASUS have their "power" things on MB's sorted for a long time.

Whatever the issue(s) is/are, Are they all solved in the HX/AX series, or do one run the risk again?

I am planning on ASUS Rampage Extreme III, and either AX850 or AX1200.

Will the be any issue, assuming both product non faulty?

At this point there are no problems that I am aware of with either Asus motherboards, or Corsairs PSUs, or using them together.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just bought an Asus P5Q-DELUXE and a corsair TX950W power supply (UK version) the problem i'm having is about the same as everyones else here. Windows 7 x64 installion keeps freezing so i started to trouble shooting found out the Asus p5q only freezes when i use the corsair TX950W power supply tried my brother power supply which is an xfx 850w one board seems to work fine with it so the problem is with the TX950W can someone from corsair help me out with this matter.

Thanks

ozzye106

Hi,

Just bought an Asus P5Q-DELUXE and a corsair TX950W power supply (UK version) the problem i'm having is about the same as everyones else here. Windows 7 x64 installion keeps freezing so i started to trouble shooting found out the Asus p5q only freezes when i use the corsair TX950W power supply tried my brother power supply which is an xfx 850w one board seems to work fine with it so the problem is with the TX950W can someone from corsair help me out with this matter.

6 posts up:

There was nothing wrong with our PSU or the Asus motherboards. It was a component variance issue. A certain component used on certain Asus motherboards did not play nicely with a component we used in the TX950. It was rare to have the issue, but when you are selling thousands of these units a month you are bound to see a few people here and there than ran into a problem. At this point the issues have been resolved on both ends and we have not seen anyone run into this problem in quite a few weeks. If anyone DOES run into this problem, then it can be resolved by either doing an RMA on the motherboard or the PSU, and we will be happy to replace any PSU that could be causing these issues or any other issue for that matter.

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i dont believe the same model will work for me at all.

i got a TX950w PSU and was causing my machine to freeze during anything graphical, i assumed it was a faulty unit, and i had it sent back through Umart and got a new one. the replacement did the same thing, once again i had it sent back to umart. 2nd replacement i got them to test infront of me, using their test rig which had a 470GTX or somehting. So when i got home with TX950w(#3) tried with my rig and still froze with anything graphical (games, screensaver, any graphical benchmark program) so i thought hmm maybe its incompatible? put my 650W coolmaster in my new rig (3.2ghz quad + 5870 + Asus P5q-e) and the TX950w in my old rig (2.93ghz core2 + 7800GS + asrock mobo) and both worked fine playing games, such as left4dead2, Tom Clancys Vegas 2, COD4.

Archived