Corsair Community

Incompatibility between Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and TX950W?

Tipiak

Recently I built for my father a computer featuring ASUS 5B, C2Q 6600, ASUS 4870x2 VGA etc.

Because of the power-hungry videocard, I bought Corsair TX950W, which is both powerful and reasonably priced.

After I installed Windows 7, the computer started rebooting at every instance of video acceleration activity, including 3D apps, 2D video acceleration in IE9 Beta and Mozilla, and even occasionally at Windows UAC prompts.

Initially I thought the issue might be related to the videocard. I swapped the 4870x2 with a Radeon 5770, but the resets remained.

Eventually, I took from my main computer its 1000W Corsair PSU, and, miraculously, the problems went.

Then I put the 950W PSU on my main computer, which is a Phenom II x6 on ASUS M4A89GTD Pro with 2xRadeon 5870 and had no problems. I also tested the PSU on another computer - also an AMD system based on an ASUS M4A78L-M LE. No problems there too.

Apparently, the issue is confined to the ASUS Intel boards.

After the infamous Corsair DDR2 1066 MHz memories, which would fail after approximately 3 months on any given ASUS board I've seen, TX950W is the second instance of such unpleasant selective functionality.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wired, thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, RMA in my country (Bulgaria) is a bit more complicated than in the US. Technically, the PSU has been working flawlessly so far with ASUS AMD mobos. If it fails there, I will have to consider RMA, but as for now I will wait.

Archived