Corsair Community

Incompatibility between Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and TX950W?

Tipiak

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
I'm also having a problem with my system freezing when it boots into the OS. I'm using an Asus P6TDeluxe V2 with a 950TX.

John

Please send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com with a link to this thread and your contact information, or feel free to give us a call directly at 800-205-7657 and we will help you resolve the issue.

I have also had to install a new power supply in order to get Windows 7 to install and boot. I purchased a Corsair TX950 from Newegg last week and was not able to get Windows 7 to install. Swapping out the TX950 for another PSU allowed Windows 7 to install. Seems like the issue is the TX950.

• Corsair Employee
I have also had to install a new power supply in order to get Windows 7 to install and boot. I purchased a Corsair TX950 from Newegg last week and was not able to get Windows 7 to install. Swapping out the TX950 for another PSU allowed Windows 7 to install. Seems like the issue is the TX950.

Please send an email to ramguy@corsairmemory.com with a link to this thread and your contact information, or feel free to give us a call directly at 800-205-7657 and we will help you resolve the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Great thank you. Just spoke with tech support. The HX850 was offered as a replacement. But rather than sacrifice 100 watts, I asked about the HX1000. So I am waiting to hear back about how that can be arranged if I need to pay the price difference.

Hi Jankmj, got the same bug and trying to solve it. Did you manage to get a HX1000 from Corsair by paying the difference ? The HX850 is also too short for my use.

Thanks !

Hello RAM GUY,

I have exactly the same issue that Tipiak.

My config is the following one:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950

CPU Fan: Noctua NH-U12P SE2

RAM: Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 3x2Gb

Mobo: Asus P6t Deluxe V2

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-950TXEU

HDD1: 128Gb SSD Falcon

HDD2: Barracuda 7200.12 - 1 To SATA

HDD3: Barracuda 7200.12 - 1 To SATA

Graphics: Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 5970

Optical drive: BH08LS20 - DVD & Blu-ray Disc Writer

I thought my graphic card was faulty so I RMA it and same thing so I RMA my mother board and it was fine too. It's been 3 months that I couldn't figure out.. I even thought that my PSU was faulty so I bought another TX950W!!!

Is the RMA process to replace the TX950W by the TX850 is still on? Does the RMA works in France?

Thanks!

Is the RMA process to replace the TX950W by the TX850 is still on? Does the RMA works in France?

Thanks!

Why woud you want TX850 when its inferior to your in every aspects. AFIK they offered HX850 witch is modular and far better than TX850.

• 1 month later...

I currently have the same problem - purchased my power supply from best buy so going to try returning/upgrading through them first, but wanted to post to the thread with my specs for future reference.

Problem: Windows install sticks at the starting windows screen and wont proceed.

The issue occurred for me with a TX850W

Specs:

Motherboard: Asus M4N98TD EVO

Processor: Phenom II X4 965

RAM: 4GB ******** DDR3 1600

PSU: Corsair TX850W

• Corsair Employee

Justin in FL, your problem sounds like it may be unrelated to the issue in this thread. I have not seen it occur on any other motherboard than the X58 boards from Asus and we have only noticed it with the TX950. Of course we can certainly try replacing the unit for you, but if possible I would see if you can duplicate the same issues in a different system to be sure.

At this point (to my knowledge) the issue has been worked out, so if you have a TX950W unit that is giving you similar issues as to what has been mentioned in this thread then please Request an RMA

Justin in FL, your problem sounds like it may be unrelated to the issue in this thread. I have not seen it occur on any other motherboard than the X58 boards from Asus and we have only noticed it with the TX950. Of course we can certainly try replacing the unit for you, but if possible I would see if you can duplicate the same issues in a different system to be sure.

At this point (to my knowledge) the issue has been worked out, so if you have a TX950W unit that is giving you similar issues as to what has been mentioned in this thread then please Request an RMA

Ramguy, I have called tech support twice now about the issue with the TX950 and P6T Deluxe V2 MB and both times I am getting what seems to be the standard response from all of you. I have not started my build yet but want to try and head off as many problems I can before I start. Both tech technicians and now you just say "the issue has been worked out". I then asked well what was the issue in the first place with the TX950 and what exactly was done to correct the problem. None of you seems to be able to answer this or just don't want to for some reason. I then asked the question again and he said he didn't really know what the problem was but that the current models should be OK. I then told him that this implies that there was some sort of fix to the current units and was there any way I could tell if my TX950 was one of the current units that were fixed since I didn't know how long the retailer may have had it prior to my ordering it. I asked him if I could somehow tell from the label with either the serial number or possibly a revision number and he said "No, just try it and if you have any problems with it we will take care of it". At this point I could tell that he was getting peeved because he just starting asking, "is there anything else" instead of wanting to field any more of my concerns on this matter.

Corsair just seems to be happy with making their customers their field testers on this one. The answer of just "try it and then RMA it and try again..." just seems like the wrong message they are sending to their customers. If there really was/is a hardware fix to the TX950 someone at Corsair should know and come out and explain this to us so that us ASUS users can feel confident with out Corsair purchase. And I further think on behalf of the forum you should be the one forcing a better answer out of the higher ups at Corsair to give us.

I mean no disrespect in the message. Just have not been happy with my Corsair support.

• Corsair Employee

Jimster,

The information is there just not all in one thread.

However, there was some problems reported between some ASUS MB's and our 950TX PSU and until the issue was isolated and a solution was found we offered anyone who had a problem to switch to an 850HX or 1000HX as a convenience. ASUS and Corsair worked to find and solve the issue. ASUS made some changes in their production and we made some changes to correct that issue no matter what version of MB was used. So it has been solved and replacing the MB or PSU will solve the issue. If you have that issue just get an RMA and the PSU can be replaced with a new 950TX that will no longer have that issue. However, all PSU's in the channel should be current production units and should not have that problem.

Jimster,

The information is there just not all in one thread.

However, there was some problems reported between some ASUS MB's and our 950TX PSU and until the issue was isolated and a solution was found we offered anyone who had a problem to switch to an 850HX or 1000HX as a convenience. ASUS and Corsair worked to find and solve the issue. ASUS made some changes in their production and we made some changes to correct that issue no matter what version of MB was used. So it has been solved and replacing the MB or PSU will solve the issue. If you have that issue just get an RMA and the PSU can be replaced with a new 950TX that will no longer have that issue. However, all PSU's in the channel should be current production units and should not have that problem.

Ramguy,

I appreciate the feedback but some of my confusion is due to the fact that some of the messages concerning the TX950 are pretty recent (April) messages. Are you saying that the incompatibility issues were fixed months ago? My RMA request has been approved so would you recommend I use it to be on the safe side? I hate to go through the expense and hassle of sending mine back if it isn't needed. Wouldn't the first few letters of my serial number indicate the month and year my PSU was produced? I did error by not reading or seeing all of the threads concerning this which was my fault.

I apologize for coming across a little strong in my previous post. With your response I do feel totally confident now in my decision to purchase the TX950W instead of a competing product and know if any issues do arise when I do my build that Corsair will take care of it. Thank you!

I too have exactly the same system

Motherboard - Asus p6t

Cpu - Intel Core i7 920

Gpu - Radeon 5870

Memory- 3 x 2 GB Corsair Dominator

PSU - Corsair 950 TX

BUT it works perfectly well with other PSU's even a 650W rated supply! Odd

Hi,

Have the same problem :

Motherboard : Asus P6T

Cpu : Intel Core i7-930 Box 8192Kb, LGA1366

Gc : Asus Ati Radeon 5870 1Gb

Memory : 4 x 2GB-Kit G-Skill PC3-12800U CL9

PSU : Corsair TX950W

I already completed the On Line RMA Request Form and waiting for the answer (will send also an email to Ram Guy)

BUT it works perfectly well with other PSU's even a 650W rated supply! Odd

Someone here is (slightly) out of specs... is it asus, or corsair psu? they dont want to tell, but i didn't see problem with other psu, so i assume Corsair.

ASUS made some changes in their production and we made some changes to correct that issue no matter what version of MB was used. So it has been solved and replacing the MB or PSU will solve the issue.
Re-read what Ram Guy said.

mmmm i have a serious problem there, i requested an RMA and got a validation but when asking for cost to send my power supply by UPS they said it will cost me 150 EUR !!!! the power supply itself cost me 126 EUR !!! i'm really disapointed :(

Archived