Corsair Community

is a revision in the works

Caddy Daddy

Hey guys, anyone know with all the feed back from users if corsair is in the works making a revised version of this case. there are reviews of not so good air flow for cooling and some say its not that stylish which is my only issue with it. i love everything about its functionality and size but its just not that appealing to me style wise. not bashing corsair, like i said i like the case i just hope that they would make another one soon like it but a bit more stylish. then i would buy it no ?s ask.

I'd love one - but... too big. Won't fit in my desk. Don't need such a big case as (currently) only have 1 x hdd, looking to go a ssd for OS and would at most get 2 more hdd's for a raid setup and running air. Can see why the watercooling guys love it though.

My son also needs a more portable case for his LAN's. Is Corsair planning a mid-tower obsidian? I love the cable managment, and the opening on the 'tray for heatsink backplates, if this was in a mid sized (aluminium?) tower would be my dream case.

I believe they have said they're planning on making more cases, but no specifics.

I don't think that Corsair (or any other well-run company) will reveal plans for future products. That gives the competition a target to shoot for. Right now I suspect a lot of the competition is furiously trying to design 800D copycats.

So if the 800D is too big (or too pricey) for you, wait a few months. Someone will produce the case you want. :laughing:

I just don't get how people could say that this case is not "stylish". The looks are the best thing this case has going for it in my opinion. It's a work of art as far as aesthetics go.

Yes, the stock airflow leaves a lot to be desired but this can be fixed by swapping out the "silent" fans with higher CFM fans. Flipping the back fan is definitely a good idea, and the H50 just begs to be installed in this case (assuming you are not installing a full-blown custom LC solution).

I don't regret buying this case one bit despite my initial doubts. I'd like to see more room for wires on the solid panel's side and a more durable powder coat finish but that's about the only complaint I could make. A few more fans and some more screws wouldn't hurt, but that's really not a big deal.

Some people seem to be having alignment issues but this was not a problem for me at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see more room for wires on the solid panel's side and a more durable powder coat finish but that's about the only complaint I could make. A few more fans and some more screws wouldn't hurt, but that's really not a big deal.

I think this case is a wonderful example of, "More is less, less is more." (I think some famous architect once said that, but don't quote me on that. :roll:

Anyway, in the spirit of "minimalism," I'd like to see a version of this case with NO window side panel. :D:

Just finished my own 800D buikl and this really is a super case! Exactly the kind of style I like...and a well thought-out design!

There's really only one thing I would change in a new model or revision, and that's the dust filter being accessible (for cleaning) from the back only...it would be much better if it could be removed from the side...without having to pull the entire system (and all the external connections) forward.

Just finished my own 800D buikl and this really is a super case! Exactly the kind of style I like...and a well thought-out design!

There's really only one thing I would change in a new model or revision, and that's the dust filter being accessible (for cleaning) from the back only...it would be much better if it could be removed from the side...without having to pull the entire system (and all the external connections) forward.

from the front would be best of all, the front of the case is almost assured to be always accessible.

i might be waiting to see if they do release a revised version of the 800d, not that the current version isn't great, but they did such a good job taking our concerns into consideration the first time around and created a solid product, so a revised version could really blow me away...besides i'm brooooooooke!

It is an amazing case!

I'd love to order it, but first I want to get some more feedback for noise+temp after installing more fans inside cause obviously the stock ones don't do the jobs. Considering that CPUs and GPUs are making a sauna inside one really needs good airflow.

Since I leave my PC running constantly, I naturally feel better with air vs WC.

The only minor thing is the front. I think the whole case should have been black matte...it's so sleeeeeeek. Have you seen a Cayenne or G class Benz matte? You can only admire it :) Again, a matter of taste.

It is an amazing case!

Considering that CPUs and GPUs are making a sauna inside one really needs good airflow.

Since I leave my PC running constantly, I naturally feel better with air vs WC.

murjo, Why do you think that air is better than WC, because you leave your PC on constantly?

Stupid question: If you hibernate your PC, does the WC also shut off?:confused:

@ x509: Well, not that I'm such an expert, but don't the fans have longer life than the water pumps? I've used my current system for over 5 years and never ever had a fan broken...all I had to do is vacuum the case once a month and dust spray it with one of those pressure containers...

I'd love to have a totally silent case, but I'm afraid the pumps won't have such a long life...

@ x509: Well, not that I'm such an expert, but don't the fans have longer life than the water pumps? I've used my current system for over 5 years and never ever had a fan broken...all I had to do is vacuum the case once a month and dust spray it with one of those pressure containers...

I'd love to have a totally silent case, but I'm afraid the pumps won't have such a long life...

@murjo: I have a backup system that is about 5 years old and I have had to replace two fans (******** 120 Tricool's.) :mad:

I don't have a problem if I would have to replace a pump after four years. Just plan for it and order the parts in advance. Think of it as an opportunity to flush out the system and replace the coolant. :laughing:

I agree with you :) At the end of the day is a matter of personal taste. While I love the WC concept, I think it still a long way to go until it reaches a point of one integrated solution the fits most cases and is easy to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love to get this case, but the airflow is holding me back. I wanna put 2x5870 or maybe even 5970 in this, and have good enough temps to OC on air (maybe WC just for the CPU in due time).

If corsair would put out a rev 2 with some additional air intake for the GPU's I'd be getting it tommorrow.

Even an accessory to replace some drive bays with and additional fan with front matching cover would be fine by me, but the way it is now the airflow is just insufficient, unless maybe if you use a H50 with the rear fan used as an intake. That shouldn't be necessary for an otherwise perfect case like this though.:noooooo:

I want the freedom to choose a Megahalem and still be on great temps, but according to some decent tests available on reviewsites and youtube it just isn't a viable option right now.:[pouts:

Come on Corsair, give us that last bit of perfection to make it the most versatile case out there!:laughing:

In my opinion i think it was better to have a fan in the front, instead of the door for the drives. I think the target of this case its the entusiast market, not the profissional, the profissional market don't use side window cases. Even for those o want the hot swap bays, with side door so easy to remove i think the hot swap could be in the side like silverstone ft01, and a big fan 180 in the front.

This could be also a little smaller, for me its to big.

Archived