Corsair Community

Memory compatible with intel DP45SG

chiripio

• Corsair Employee

Can you provide a link to the MB SPEc's and the modules part number that you say is not compatible?

And the modules you asked about are on the Configurator so I really don't know what you are trying to say so please be more specific.

So the maximun i could add would be a memory with 1333mhz not the one for 1666mhz?

We don't make a 1666 part. Can you please provide the links RAM GUY asked for? It's not really possible to answer the question until we have more specific information.

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Intel DP45SG

It lists up to DDR3-1800 on that link. Keep in mind that the configurator only lists what's compatible with the motherboard. It doesn't take into account limitations like your FSB, or your OC potential. All of that memory is indeed compatible, but other items could limit the speed below its capability.

Having owned a DP45SG, I would highly advise against purchasing that motherboard. Buy one of the Gigabyte boards instead. There is a monster thread at abxzone that describes the multitute of problems with this board.

That being said, I had some memory rated for DDR3-1333 @1.5V with an E8400 and it worked no problem. I think a lot of the initial problems where with DDR3-1333 that required 1.65V. The mobo just isn't flexible enough to handle this.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I would have stumbled upon this thread before ordering my new components. Anyway, I have the Intel DP45SG MoBo, Intel 2.5GHz Duo, and the TW3X4G1333C9DHX RAM. In the BIOS, it's defaulting the memory to 6-6-6-15. If I accept the default, or override the settings and choose 9-9-9-24 I still have issues. I get about 3min into the installation of WinXP and I hit a BSD error (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ). From what I can tell, it's likely this is a RAM issue.

Should this RAM work with my setup? I realize my FSB is limited to 800MHz because of my CPU, but isn't memory backwards compatible...it should just synch down to the 800MHz speed as opposed to 1333MHz right?

I bought this memory knowing I'd eventually upgrade to a faster CPU down the road as the prices drop...but now I'm not sure if that was the smart thing to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Aaron

Archived