Corsair Community

How can I get my RAM to run at 1600

rcalzadilla

• Corsair Employee
You will have to set the memory frequency and Voltage manually if the XMP Profiles are not working and if you do not see the option to set XMP then you need to go to the MB Makers web site and get the latest BIOS before you start.

• Corsair Employee

I just noticed the complete part number of your memory. This is not a part sold by Corsair to end users. This part is sold only to OEMs and SIs (System Integrators). As such, this part is not supported by Corsair to the end user.

Can you please tell me where you bought this memory. Have you contacted them for support?

The memory came from CyberPower Inc. In a Gamer Xtreme XT model pc.

It was shipped to me on 2/26/2009 order No.0025574.

In this case, you should definitely contact CyberPower Inc and consult their tech support. Since it is an SI system, they are by far the best source of information on this.

The problem is that the part you have is spefically made for these types of systems which frequently have a custom BIOS. That is why it is difficult for us to give you advice as these BIOS' can vary from 1 company to the next even if they use the same motherboard.

Of course, we'll help any way we can but, CyberPower is who you need to contact.

CyberPower Tech in their Forum suggested I change the Bios SPD to 12.0 from AUTO.

Now my DRAM Frequency/Speed is :

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv222/rcalzadilla/RamSpeedsetto1600MHz.gif

Am I getting the full 1600MHz RAM speed? Nothing else to change?

Does it matter that Cycle Time (tRAS) 25 instead of 24?

The difference from 25 to 24 is virtually undetectable. If this is how you need to find your speed and gain 1600Mhz (Which you are now at) then so be it.

CyberPower Tech in their Forum suggested I change the Bios SPD to 12.0 from AUTO.

Now my DRAM Frequency/Speed is :

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv222/rcalzadilla/RamSpeedsetto1600MHz.gif

Am I getting the full 1600MHz RAM speed? Nothing else to change?

Does it matter that Cycle Time (tRAS) 25 instead of 24?

Archived