Corsair Community

DDR3 1600 - compatability with Asus P5E3 or others

asouthal

Hi

Been having an absolute nightmare trying to get my 2x2Gb DDR3 (TW3x4G1600C9DHX) working with an Asus p5E3. I have gone through alll sorts from Vista booting but dying after a couple of hours, through non-boots, half-boots and everything in between. It is an Asus P5E3 with latest BIOS 1002.

Anyone know how to get the memory set up right in here ? have tried adjusting to 9-9-9-24 and 1.8V but either fails or get an "overclock failure"

Tearing my hair out on this and never had such a problem getting a system to work.

Alternatively can you recommend a MOBO that WILL work with the memory and a Quad core Q6600 ?

Thx

Download memtest from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download OCCT

Download CPU-z from

Enter your BIOS and set to these values:

AI Tweaker

Configure System Performance Settings

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual

eXtreme Memory Profile = Disabled

CPU Ratio Setting = 7

FSB Strap to Northbridge = 333

FSB = 400

DRAM Timing Control = Manual

DRAM Frequency = DDR3-1600

DRAM Command Rate = 2N

DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A = Auto

DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B = Auto

CAS# Latency = 9

RAS# to CAS# Delay = 9

RAS# PRE Time = 9

RAS# ACT Time = 24

All Else to Auto

DRAM Static Read Control = Disabled

DRAM Dynamic Write Control = Disabled

Transaction Booster = Disabled

CPU Voltage = 1.35v - 1.40v

CPU PLL Voltage = 1.55v

FSB Termination Voltage = Auto

DRAM Voltage = 1.9v

NB Voltage = 1.4v

SB Voltage = Auto

Clock Over-Charging Voltage = Auto

Load Line Calibration = Auto

CPU GTL Voltage Reference = Auto

NB GTL Voltage Reference = Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs. Run OCCT and enter the settings button, set the monitoring to "Built In" and choose 70C as the max CPU temp. Let OCCT Run for the one hour. Please post a screenshot of Core Temp when OCCT has run for ~20 minutes.

Results?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I saw your description on how to set the bios, but the voltage for the cpu seems to high for my processor.I have an intel core 2 duo E8400.Can u please tell me what are the values for my processor and my 4gb(2x2) corsair dhx xms3 ddr3 1600mhz?

I must say that the highest frequency i can reach for the moment is 1111, anything higher then that results in blue screen imediately after loading windows or even not loading windows at all.That's with all the settings on auto in bios

Hi

I saw your description on how to set the bios, but the voltage for the cpu seems to high for my processor.I have an intel core 2 duo E8400.Can u please tell me what are the values for my processor and my 4gb(2x2) corsair dhx xms3 ddr3 1600mhz?

I must say that the highest frequency i can reach for the moment is 1111, anything higher then that results in blue screen imediately after loading windows or even not loading windows at all.That's with all the settings on auto in bios

The settings are for stability on testing. You will, of course, have to test and retest until you find the proper voltages for your components.

I have a Xeon that needs 1.36 (Windows) for 4.0 and my son's needs 1.33v (Windows) for 4.0. So you need to find your own personal sweet spot.

Setting voltages to auto is not the way to go. Use a top down philosophy for testing. Find what others are using, set a bit higher and test for stability. Once stability is found, then begin to lower voltages and retest.

AI Tweaker

Configure System Performance Settings

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual

eXtreme Memory Profile = Disabled

CPU Ratio Setting = 9

FSB Strap to Northbridge = 400

FSB = 400

DRAM Frequency = DDR3-1600

DRAM Command Rate = 2N

DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A = Auto

DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B = Auto

CAS# Latency = 9

RAS# to CAS# Delay = 9

RAS# PRE Time = 9

RAS# ACT Time = 24

Advanced timings set to Auto

DRAM Static Read Control = Disabled

DRAM Dynamic Write Control = Disabled

Transaction Booster = Disabled

CPU Voltage = 1.35v - 1.40v

CPU PLL Voltage = 1.55v

FSB Termination Voltage = Auto

DRAM Voltage = 1.9v

NB Voltage = 1.4v

SB Voltage = Auto

Clock Over-Charging Voltage = Auto

Load Line Calibration = Auto

CPU GTL Voltage Reference = Auto

NB GTL Voltage Reference = Auto

CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled

If you want to try at the low level of voltages and attempt to find stability, be ready for a long journey.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have 2 sticks of TW3x4G1600C9DHX which have been running in a system but underclocked for some time. My son now wants a new PC so we are juggling around components and i am thinking of buying the following Mobo/CPU and want to see if it will be compatible with my memory.

Mobo: MSI P55-GD65

CPU: Intel i5-750

WOuld appreciate a confirm before i make the commitment! Thanks

Al

Archived