Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200C2 - My RAM is bad..

Michael L

I have a Dual-Channel kit of TWINX1024-3200C2, and they've actually been causing me problems since day 1, yet I never took much regard to it. Firstly I was NEVER able to run them at required latencies, I was forced to use CAS2.5 instead of 2, if I dare used CAS2 my system would go haywire. But it was not only until a couple of weeks ago when I used memtest to diagnose any problems. Within the 4 and a half hours or so of testing, the RAM had only passed 17 tests and generated over 400,000,000 errors. Nearly breaking the 500,000,000 mark. I immediately cancelled the test as I knew something was seriously the matter. I then decided to test the RAM in another computer that I have to see if it would generate different results; it was the same. It was slightly more stable, but the margin of errors were around the same amount. I have been trying to contact Corsair, but with no luck. I NEED an RMA number immediately, seeming that this is definately bad RAM. I have a case number, I've e-mailed them but I can't update my ticket because the site won't let me. I can't use my computer anymore, my programs malfunction, shut down and terminate on their own. I am also often greeted with random reboots while working within Windows, and occassionally after the POST screen when my computer boots up. If someone who works at Corsair can respond to this, or e-mail me an RMA number it would be very helpful..thanks in advance.

Really!? Gosh Wired, I never knew! To think that, hmm.. I was NEVER able to run them at that speed anyway! Did you even READ my post before you decided to reply? Honestly, what the hell kind of response is that!? Do you honestly think that I didn't know the timings, or the required voltage to run the RAM at.. The RAM is BAD. Read the post again!!!

Really!? Gosh Wired, I never knew! To think that, hmm.. I was NEVER able to run them at that speed anyway! Did you even READ my post before you decided to reply? Honestly, what the hell kind of response is that!? Do you honestly think that I didn't know the timings, or the required voltage to run the RAM at.. The RAM is BAD. Read the post again!!!

I did read it. You didn't mention the other timings, nor what voltage your memory was set to. Posted them to make sure you knew what they were.

No need to be snippy.

Well.. I apologize. Then again, I mean you should've known that I would be using the proper voltage and timings anyway.

It's not that we do or don't know if you used the proper settings. Keep in mind that it is standard procedure to verify that type of info before just assuming that an RMA is in order. We're just helping out here and we cannot assume that everyone visiting a support forum knows exactly what they are doirg.

In many cases, user error is part of the issue and these steps are taken to avoid uselss RMAs. Besides, it looks bad if Corsair RMAs without trying to troubleshoot and the memory was not the issue. Many users assume they then have gotten 2 bad sticks/sets.

Archived