Corsair Community

Twinx2048-3500llpro

BMT22033

Anybody know what's going on with these modules and why no one seems to have them in stock? Newegg, ZipZoomFly and Monarch Computer have been sold out for about three weeks now and the ETA for more stock just keeps getting pushed back. Is Corsair having a problem manufacturing these modules?

I've got all the components of my new gaming rig just sitting here (or arriving shortly). The last thing I'm waiting on is this RAM. If the delay is going to be a while, I may have to consider other alternatives. Are there other Corsair modules that would work just as well with this system?

ASUS A8N32-SLI

Athlon 64 X2 4800+

2GB RAM

BFG GeForce 7800GTX 512MB

PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 Express/SLI

TIA!!!

I called NewEgg, ZipZoomFly, Monarch, Spartan Technologies, PC Progress and Atacom searching for this RAM. These were the only places that I could find a listing for using any of the price search engines. All of these vendors indicated that they were out of stock. Some claimed that they didn't know if they would be able to get more while two vendors said "no one has these modules in stock because Corsair is having a problem producing them". Who knows what the truth really is. How much difference would there be between these modules if I don't plan to OC:

TWINX2048-3500LLPRO

TWINX2048-3200C2

FWIW, I don't care about the LEDs on the PRO modules.

• Corsair Employee
If you can’t wait for XMS3500LLPro I would go with Twinx2048-3200C2, but they are in production and we are shipping them. However, we have several back orders to fill, so it may take a few days to a week or so from what I understand. These modules are very difficult to make and require a aggressive IC sort. It takes a large volume of rams to find ones to meet the spec.

I called NewEgg, ZipZoomFly, Monarch, Spartan Technologies, PC Progress and Atacom searching for this RAM. These were the only places that I could find a listing for using any of the price search engines. All of these vendors indicated that they were out of stock. Some claimed that they didn't know if they would be able to get more while two vendors said "no one has these modules in stock because Corsair is having a problem producing them". Who knows what the truth really is. How much difference would there be between these modules if I don't plan to OC:

TWINX2048-3500LLPRO

TWINX2048-3200C2

FWIW, I don't care about the LEDs on the PRO modules.

If you are building a dedicated gaming rig or if you are interested in benchmarks then the 3500LL is what you want. If it is for other uses then the PC3200C2 is fine as latencies don't figure into performance that much when doing things like video encoding, music ripping, surfing, etc. I'm foaming at the mouth for the 3500LL also so I am meditating to stay calm and wait.

Mike.

I’ve been wondering was going on also. I received my ASUS A8N32-SLI early last week and had to give up on the wait for the 3500 and bought the 3200C2. Its not what I wanted but this motherboard and RAM run great together.

I'm in the same boat here unfortunately but I am going to try to wait for the TWINX2048-3500LL. I am upgrading from a slot-1 :bigeyes: so you can really see how all this nice hardware sitting around is making me chomp at the bit.

My question is: Will a single 1GB stick of valueselect 3200 work with the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe. I tried searching for compatibility charts on ASUS's site but got an error. I have this stick lying around and it would really help my decision making process.

TIA.

I just wanted to drop in and mention to BMT22033 and any other that the RAM is currentyly IN STOCK at Newegg. I am one happy camper.

Also want to commend RAM Guy and the many other helpful individuals on this board. Corsair is one of those rare brands I have always trusted and my experiences here have only strengthened that feeling.

I just wanted to drop in and mention to BMT22033 and any other that the RAM is currentyly IN STOCK at Newegg. I am one happy camper.

Hi Pix3l3yed. Thanks for the heads up. I was sitting at my computer when the "back in stock" e-mail arrived from Newegg. I opened it, clicked on the link and.....it was already sold out?!?!? When I spoke to them on Monday they said that they had 2 sets of 25 on order. I'm starting to feel like it's a sign that I'm not supposed to use these modules in my new rig. :[pouts: Anyway, thanks again for coming here and posting. I appreciate it!

Archived