Corsair Community

Memory Help!!

brylax23

I'm new to this forum..i have been having some REAL big problems with my memory..i believe one stick has gone bad..i tested both sticks in my #2 slot in my mobo and one has no errors @ all and the other goes in there for less then 10 seconds and has an error..i have it @ 3-3-3-8 @ 2.8v its a newly flashed bios so i have no clue what the problem could be i want to RMA the memory and get some more compablity stuff but i wanna know if i could fix it.

It's the weeked so the official (aka - paid) Corsair guys won't be back till Monday. However, you may need to RMA the RAM so find the link in the warranty section for "I THINK I HAVE A BAD PART....". Post there and they will get back with you. Or, you can call by phone Monday on California time. And, if you bought the RAM as a TwinX set and you do get an RMA, be sure to send both sticks in so that you get a new matched and tested pair.

Good luck, Mike.

I have 2x512 MB stick of CMX512-3200CPT ram and just recently it has been not passing memtest. I have tested both each indivdually and one works just fine and other fails in less than 3 seconds into the test..so obviously it is broken and i need to get an rma going..i have flashed my bios and everything soo i took all the steps needed to make sure it is actually broken

Archived