Corsair Community

4 Pin RGB Fans?

I have a motherboard with 4 pin RGB headers, so I know this limits my RGB fan options, but I’m having trouble knowing which fans are compatible.  Could anyone tell me which models would work?  Thank you!

The only thing that comes to mind at the moment is the Corsair AR Series, which are ARGB controlled

If you want the fans to be controlled via your motherboard RGB software, then the AR series mentioned above is the option.

If you want the fans to be controlled with Corsair's RGB software, then that's everything else and you don't use the MB 5v RGB headers.  All the Corsair fans come with their own RGB and sometimes PWM controller to move speed and lighting off the motherboard and into Corsair CUE.  

The AR fans cannot be controlled by a 4-pin motherboard RGB header.

4 pin motherboard RGB is 12V analog. The AR Fans have 3-pin connectors and are 5V digital. If you did manage to get the 3-pin connectors on that 4-pin header (it can be done), the LEDs on the fans will lose their majick blue smoke and no longer work.

• Thanks 1

Whoops... glossed right over that.  Not much out there still using the 12v RGB headers.  Everyone moved on to 5v addressable quite a while back.  

On 6/9/2024 at 4:13 AM, devonmoreau said:

I have a motherboard with 4 pin RGB headers, so I know this limits my RGB fan options, but I’m having trouble knowing which fans are compatible.  Could anyone tell me which models would work?  Thank you!

If you have a little time, Corsair has announced CORSAIR RS ARGB fans 🙂