Corsair Community

Corsair H150I ELITE CAPELLIX XT and 7800x3D -Idle temps high new build

Hi All,

I just build a new system with a Ryzen 7 7800x3d and a cooler Corsair H150I ELITE CAPELLIX XT , but the idle temperatures while just browsing for example are too high (around 60-70c) considering that other users report temperatures of 30-40c for this processor in idle.

Gaming temps are around 75c-85c  and the coolant temp is to low considering this temps , Corsair ICUE reports 32c for the coolant.

I get this temps while my fans and pum are on extreme , if i set mode at quiet , temps are considerable higher.

I re check the installation at least 5 times , everything seems to be fine . Im familiar with the installation because my previous cooler was a Corsair h110i. I leave hear some pics showing hwinfo , core temps and ICUE. The most interesting for me is that hwinfo show individual core temps between 30-45c but others software show above 60.

image.thumb.png.36c07dcab814c8c1b28f6591ad1e938f.png

The case flow is 3 front 120mm fan air in , two 140mm bottoms air in , one 140mm back air out and the corsair cooler sending air out from the top.

I used a few different thermal paste in the process of re installing the cooler ,Bear Grizzly  Hydronout , Artic silver 5 and Artic silver mx-4

Is probably that the cooler came fault ?  Maybe monitoring software are incompatible between each other ? Any recommendations why I'm getting this temps ?

Thank you very much in advance!

the IO die is always hot, so it's not surprising to see Tctrl being the highest. the cores seem to be in the ranges you'd expect if i see it right (the screenshot is low res, but on HWinfo, the core temps seem to be ~40°C with the IO die at 63).

I imagine core temp shows you the IO die temperature while iCUE shows you core temps, and HWinfo has both.

Apart from that, it's a toasty chip, all X3D are harder to cool.

out of curiosity, what ram speed are you running?

Edited by LeDoyen