Corsair Community

My Terrible Experience With Peripherals

Veech

So before I get into this I would just like to state that probably like most of you I'm a brand loyalist.

Everything that can be Corsair in my build is Corsair from case to cooling, so I don't want to come off any type of way with my main point which is:

Why are Corsairs Mice so terrible? 

I purchased a M65 back in 2019 this was my 2nd time purchasing this mouse. I forget exactly why I bought it  a second time but that's besides the point, shortly after within a year or so the mouse started giving me issues. It started double clicking on a single click which was very frustrating because I do a lot of video editing and 3D software work so it was very inconvenient when trying to get my tasks done. 

The mouse was still under warranty so I reached out and had it replaced with the same model. No issue there as far as getting the replacement was concerned. So 2nd mouse using it as normal and again after a year or so I started experiencing the same issue. Reached out again and again had it replaced. So I'm on my 2nd replacement and some times passes and in 2022 the mouse fails again this time I reached out and asked for a different model to be sent as it seemed that the M65 is notorious for having this double click issue. 

I requested the replacement be the Corsair Nightsword which was sent as my 3rd replacement mouse. As of last month the middle mouse click stops working (which for some software is needed for shortcuts and the such) I looked online to see that I was not the only one having issues with the middle click on this model of mouse and those that did repair  it themselves stated how it was not the easiest to open the mouse up. So I'm currently seeing if another mouse can be issued but I have almost no faith in the durability of Corsair mice at this point. 

Again maybe I use a mouse a little more than the average person considering I need it for work and entertainment (gaming) but I wouldn't say I'm abusing these products, I don't slam or smash my peripherals as they are important tools for me. 

My issue with Corsair peripherals isn't just isolated to Mice I also have had to have my HS60 Pro replaced once so far as the audio just stopped working out of no where and its been about a year or so since that happened so we'll see moving forward. 

I'm just surprised at how I've had such a bad streak with these Mice. All have failed within their 2-3 year warranty, I'm genuinely questioning why I should continue to use Corsair mice moving forward. I've seen through google that these issues have been going on since the earliest that I found was 2016. 

If anyone has any similar issues please post below or if you've had the opposite experience I'd love to hear that as well, I guess this is more for Corsair to see because I can't imagine they're completely incapable of making a reliable product when it comes to Mice.     

I am not sure how many corsair decision makers are going to see your post, but the only thing I can say to mitigate your feelings as a user is, I have used many pieces of hardware over the last thirty years and I would say I have gone through five times as many other brand's generics (often times with effectively zero warranty or replacement) as I have 65's and scimitars in the same timeframe.  None of them perform as well tactile-ly and often lack other features including precision lighting and button count or layout.  I think the hardware can fail for a lot of reasons, including long term use which I think is hard to QC for even with robots bc of the time factor between rolling off the press and getting packaged.  There are probably other real world complexities in there including outsourcing of components and materials science like something literally would never fail in the first 12 months but maybe will 36 months out.  We also live and game and work in a dynamic environment with dog hair, drywall dust, ceiling tile pieces, chemicals, and humidity / oxidation - none of which are easy to test for in a factory.  At least the company stands by their warranty and does replace these devices in a timely fashion.

All the major brands used those same cheap mouse buttons, I had a hero 502 same problem, I went for optical switches after because cheap is more important then longevity for all these major company's M65 ultra and G502x both have optical switches.

same deal.. two g502 with switches i had to replace after a few months, my corsair nightsword suffers the same. it's not just corsair. just get a mouse with optical switches and you'll be done for years. since i got the G502x, no more issues

On 9/21/2023 at 1:40 PM, Gotcha29 said:

All the major brands used those same cheap mouse buttons, I had a hero 502 same problem, I went for optical switches after because cheap is more important then longevity for all these major company's M65 ultra and G502x both have optical switches.

So the better option would be to consider optical switches going forward it seems?