Corsair Community

iCUE v5.6.97 Release Notes

Technobeard

Since the very begging of this Mac Version, i have been unable to update ANY firmware from the app, from the beta to the latest release, does some have a certain way to update the firmware on the corsair products without having to use a windows computer? 

can you guys just stop screwing up this app? it breaks Every. Single. Time. I can no longer install plugins. my corsair h150i no longer shows up so now I have no control over it and on top of that, before this update told me to restart my PC it also said there was a firmware update for my h150i which I now can't install...

I solved my issue with the following instructions:

On 8/30/2023 at 6:45 AM, kickdown96 said:

I created a ticket regarding the inability to access the iCue link hub and received this reply from support....

'We recommend performing a clean install of iCUE.  If you have any saved profiles you may want to save, please export them before performing the clean install using the link below, then follow the steps to perform a clean install.

How to: Import and export iCUE profiles

How to perform a clean install of iCUE:

1. Open your computer's Control Panel.
  2. Open the Programs and Features options.
  3. Select CORSAIR iCUE 4 Software in the list, and then select Uninstall.
  4. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.
  5. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
  6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  7. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.
  8. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  9. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
  10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.
  11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.
  12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  14. Restart your computer.
  15. Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

If you need assistance with these steps, please reach out to our support team.'  

THIS DOES NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE
image.png.8354f7c37efbe2b2901e61241c124ca5.png

On 9/24/2023 at 5:03 AM, perception5 said:

I solved my issue with the following instructions:

I knew this wasn't going to solve anything, as I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and hopped between versions hoping the gpu temps would stick.

This reply is mostly to save anyone 10-20 minutes thinking "perception5"  post would magically fix anything.

Corsair, almost 2 weeks now, how many more times do I need to link your social media here?

15 minutes ago, istehwin said:

I knew this wasn't going to solve anything, as I uninstalled and reinstalled several times,

This is the problem referenced by that user.  Not the one you are experiencing.  

On 9/20/2023 at 5:43 PM, perception5 said:

as the new update broke icue for me, this happened as soon as i plugged in my HS60 PRO, crashes on opening

A clean install may help with program launch issues.  It won't correct the missing AMD GPU hooks in this version.  

On 9/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, mboushka said:

can you guys just stop screwing up this app? it breaks Every. Single. Time. I can no longer install plugins. my corsair h150i no longer shows up so now I have no control over it and on top of that, before this update told me to restart my PC it also said there was a firmware update for my h150i which I now can't install...

Try resetting it. There is a pin hole on the commander core. It's the same process as the pro with the steps below. I have had this happen before to me and was able to reset it and reappear in the software.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057712532-How-to-Perform-a-factory-reset-on-the-Commander-Pro#:~:text=Locate the reset button inside,then plug it back in.

Sadly corsair doesn't care. It's really one of the worst ran companies I've ever dealt with. When I had issues with their software mind you CAUSED by their software, the only way for me to fix it was to do the  following;

1. Use a program like Revo Uninstaller (They make a free portable version) after it's done do the aggressive scan for leftover things and delete them
  2. Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.
  3. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
  4. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  5. Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.
  6. Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.
  7. Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\ for iCUE 3, or C:\Program Files\ for iCUE 4.
  8. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.
  9. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.
  10. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  11. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the Corsair folder.
  12. Shutdown the computer.
  13. *VERY IMPORTANT* Restart and go into your bios and take pictures of every single page of the bios and ALL the settings if you don't know how to setup your bios. Even if you do I still recommend doing this as you never know what you might forget.
  14. Shutdown again the computer again.
  15. Do a full CMOS clear. If you're unfamiliar with that look it up. Basic of it is pull the batter on your PC unplugs the PC and hit the power button to fully discharge the system. Then put the battery back in the motherboard plug it back in and turn it on. Your milage may vary as some motherboards have a CMOS clearing button which may or may not work. So look it up.
  16. Go into your bios and setup your settings as they were before.
  17. Reinstall iCue and do NOT use any backed up profiles or settings. Start 100% clean.

Hopefully after all that your issues should be fixed. If not then I'm sorry but at least you have a clean install of some of the worst software on the planet. 🙂

• Like 1

There is a new update that fixes missing sensors!  v.5.6.98

I was having the bug where the only two sensors I would see were the Corsair AiO coolant temp and intake sensor.  After the update, all my sensors are detected again.  My CPU, GPU, MB, PSU and everything else.  Was driving me nuts because I had all my custom fan curves based off CPU temps and my LCD on pump was blank because that was based off CPU and GPU, both which were broken on previous update.  Update to newest version if want your sensors back.  🙂

Screenshot 2023-09-27 165749.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woozzy101 said:

There is a new update that fixes missing sensors!  v.5.6.98

I was having the bug where the only two sensors I would see were the Corsair AiO coolant temp and intake sensor.  After the update, all my sensors are detected again.  My CPU, GPU, MB, PSU and everything else.  Was driving me nuts because I had all my custom fan curves based off CPU temps and my LCD on pump was blank because that was based off CPU and GPU, both which were broken on previous update.  Update to newest version if want your sensors back.  🙂

Screenshot 2023-09-27 165749.png

NOPE

DOES NOT BRING BACK GPU TEMPS

image.png.cc04f924d9f4b8404404d1219e88ed5d.png

3 hours ago, istehwin said:

NOPE

DOES NOT BRING BACK GPU TEMPS

image.png.cc04f924d9f4b8404404d1219e88ed5d.png

Did you go to Sensors and click on the + to add?  Here is a Screenshot of mine after update and it shows all of them where before nothing.  Your screenshot shows you got the updates, now check on sensors. You also need to restart computer after update.  

Screenshot 2023-09-27 221630.png

2 hours ago, Woozzy101 said:

Did you go to Sensors and click on the + to add?  Here is a Screenshot of mine after update and it shows all of them where before nothing.  Your screenshot shows you got the updates, now check on sensors. You also need to restart computer after update.  

Screenshot 2023-09-27 221630.png

yes, the AMD sensors are NON existent... STILL

RGB lighting game integration for my K70 lux and M65 elite broken in the division 2, I dont know if murals is conflicting with the game or with Msi mystic lighting but the lights turn off when i start the game

12 hours ago, Roy Davies said:

lighting game integration for my K70 lux and M65 elite broken in the division 2, I dont know if murals is conflicting with the game or with Msi mystic lighting but the lights turn off when i start the game

Murals will block game integrations because they act like a blanket over the top of programmed lighting effects. Try turning it off before launching. 

Also, while I don’t use the Division 2 game lighting much anymore, I tried a few versions back and it was crashing CUE. Have you been using it lately?

Edited by c-attack

3 hours ago, istehwin said:

yes, the AMD sensors are NON existent... STILL

I made a whole registration on this forum just to confirm that my AMD GPU temp sensors (6900xt) are also STILL not working with the 5.6.98 version

snimek forum corsair.png

snimek forum corsair2.png

Edited by fBfX
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 8:14 PM, istehwin said:

THIS DOES NOT RESOLVE THE ISSUE
image.png.8354f7c37efbe2b2901e61241c124ca5.png

I knew this wasn't going to solve anything, as I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and hopped between versions hoping the gpu temps would stick.

This reply is mostly to save anyone 10-20 minutes thinking "perception5"  post would magically fix anything.

Corsair, almost 2 weeks now, how many more times do I need to link your social media here?

my bad, i should have clarified, it solved my cashing on startup issue

6 hours ago, c-attack said:

Murals will block game integrations because they act like a blanket over the top of programmed lighting effects. Try turning it off before launching. 

Also, while don’t use the Division 2 game lighting much anymore, I tried a few versions back and it was crashing CUE. Have you been using it lately?

I had the Icue crashing daily until I removed all the profiles... or so they were supposed to be removed, something else the devs cant get right.... they were still installed when i re-installed Icue,  I went back to an older version after removing every thing(again) then upgraded to the latest 5.6.97 version and the crashing stopped but the rgb issue is still a thing so I`ve just disabled game integration for now, I tried with murals turned off but it didn't change anything.

I have Icue set to run on startup, as well as Msi center and Lconnect

Edited by Roy Davies

.98 also doesn't fix it for me. Took so long to get them to add the temp sensors for the 7900XTX and now they're gone again 😞

My H100i V2 cooler has also disappeared from iCUE since I last looked (so I assume it was this update).

Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier working version? I might have to just stop installing updates at this point if it is going to keep breaking everything.