Corsair Community

Monitor XENEON 27QHD240 - G-SYNC flickering

I have problem with my new monitor XENEON 27QHD240 inside games with activated G-SYNC and Adaptive Sync. In dark scenes, the monitor flickers.

- Monitor is connected with Display Port cable.
- Nvidia driver is 536.23 (latest). In this driver I se my monitor is G-SYNC compatible. Older drivers don't show compatibility info with this monitor.

When I limit the FPS using the game settings or in the Nvidia drivers, the flickering does not go away.
When I switch the monitor to a lower refresh rate, the flickering doesn't go away either. Maybe it's a little weaker at a lower refresh rate.

I attached screenshots with my Nvidia driver settings. Video from game Overwatch 2 with flickering preview and the screenshot with the game settings.

I tested many options in many games, but nothing help.
Only one helps ..... when I deactivate G-SYNC.

This looks like Nvidia driver has wrong support of this monitor or Adaprive Sync inside this monitor is broken.

Next issue (inside Windows):
Some apps (I think .NET apps) as Razer Synapse 3 cause flickering, when move mouse over app active (e.g. menu) items, see attached video.

I wrote a ticket, but I want to ask if someone could help.. Thank you

nvidia-settings-1.JPG

nvidia-settings-2.JPG

nvidia-settings-3.JPG

nvidia-settings-4.JPG

overwatch2-video-settings.JPG

Edited by Horog

I tested several Display Port cables (incl USB-C) and all 3 Display Ports on my Graphic Card.

Monitor Firmware: V101

• Corsair Employee

@Horog Could you check if this happens when HDR is disabled (turn off in Windows settings)? Could you switch to Maximum Performance for Power Management and also post a screenshot of the G-Sync setup (menu on the left in the Nvidia control panel)? Also please try to restore global driver settings in Nvidia control panel.

Also please check if you can update the firmware via the OSD of the monitor.

@Corsair LandLubber

- HDR is turned off all the time.
- Behavior with the High Performance plan activated is the same.
- I tried resetting the global settings of the Nvidia driver, but it didn't help.
- I always do a clean install of the Nvidia driver with the help of DDU.
- There is no option to update the firmware directly in the monitor and iCUE does not detect this monitor at all. So I don't know if there is any update available.

nvidia-settings-5.JPG

• Corsair Employee

@Horog Unfortunately there's a technical issue preventing me from creating a ticket directly from your post. Could you create a ticket via https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and post the ticket number here? Thank you!

@Corsair LandLubber I created a ticket 2 days ago here is the ID ..... 2006228004.

• Corsair Employee
15 hours ago, Horog said:

@Corsair LandLubber I created a ticket 2 days ago here is the ID ..... 2006228004.

Thank you for posting the ticket number. We'll respond to the ticket as quickly as possible.

@Corsair LandLubber Today I sent the requested information to the ticket. Could you please speed up the answer a bit. I've been waiting for several days. Thank you

• Corsair Employee

@Horog We just sent a response to the ticket.

LandLubber

I am also having the same problem, but for me it occurs in both light and dark scenes in games but is much more noticeable in dark ones. For reference, I am using the latest Nvidia drivers (536.23), monitor firmware V102, and I've tested multiple cables and ports. Capping the framerate to a lower value (ex: 120 Hz) appears to lessen the flickering intensity, but the only thing that fixes it completely for me is to turn off G-Sync/Adaptive Sync.

As a side note, HDR does not appear to affect the occurrence of the flickering:

• With both HDR on and Adaptive Sync on, the flickering occurs.
  • With HDR off and Adaptive Sync on, the flickering occurs.
  • With HDR on and Adaptive Sync off, there is no flickering.

@JDBud Thanks for the info.

My issue update:
- New firmware V102 ..... not helped
- New Nvidia driver 536.40 ..... not helped

I'm still in communication with Corsair support and waiting for more information.

im having the exact same issues ! i returned the first monitor to micro center where i bought it . the second on i received is doing the same thing . this is unescapable for a 1800$$ monitor. i have the newst firmware and my drivers are up to date . i even tryed to test it on my wifes pc and it dose the same thing . thinking of returning this on and going with a different brand .

it's best to check Nvidia's Gsync compatibility list before purchasing a "Gsync" monitor,  to know what you are getting.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

1800$ for the barebones "Gsync compatible" features is.. bleh at best. Sorry Corsair but that's a ripoff just to get the one buzzword on the features list in the product page.

@Riezinger 1978 Currently, I am still waiting for a statement from Corsair. I have tested other Dell Alienware AW2723DF IPS monitor which is great but all pieces have huge backlight bleed. The Corsair OLED is a nice monitor, but without G-SYNC. I read that the G-SYNC flickering is a property of the OLED monitors 😞

@LeDoyen Yes I agree. It currently appears to be a scam regarding G-SYNC support! I tested many Nvidia drivers, about 15 games of different types, and in dark scenes it flickers without exception.

the flicker alone makes it fail to qualify as "G-sync Compatible", so clearly Corsair has to adress that, or scratch the marketing material and simply call it for what it is : a Freesync monitor (and maybe drop a few hundred $ in price for losing the buzzword)

Just to document the current status, I am attaching a screenshot from the Nvidia G-SYNC Monitors compatibility list.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/

nvidia-gsync-monitors-corsair.PNG

"Validated No artifacts"

If it was qualified as such by Nvidia, then something must have gone sideways in subsequent firmwares or drivers, and would need to be corrected.. 

image.thumb.png.cf0b7f9a39b050f974b9138620489a4e.png

• 2 months later...

VRR has always had this problem I own this monitor, if you have wild frame rate jumps any monitor that uses VRR you will have the flickering problem. I run mine with a 4080 have not see the flickering, it is just more pronounced in oled displays but I would go with a 40 series or current gen graphics card. I believe it is a problem with the 30 series and before not having enough cache both AMD and Nivida gave a huge bump in L2 cache, 3080 had 5 mb 4080 has 64 mb.