Corsair Community

iCUE v5.0.147 Release Notes

Technobeard

• Administrators
Software Enhancements
  • Dashboard sensors and plugins are now available on demand only as part of the new modular feature of iCUE
  • Resolved various bugs with iCUE Murals and improved the Murals Wizard
  • Murals now has a “Send to Back” option when stacking device images on top of one another
  • The coolant temp widget is no longer disabled when an Alert is triggered
  • Retrying firmware updates through notifications will now properly restart the firmware update process
  • Resolved an issue with scrolling when the pointer is hovering over the bottom of the Home screen
  • Sensors and Fan widgets are no longer shown in random order on the Dashboard
  • Resolved an issue that prevented Key Assignments from being assigned to keys after the Clear feature was used

View full version

• Like 2

Does the modular installation also apply to the services running in the background?

Like, people only using a cooler and a keyboard won't have the corsairLLAccess for ram lighting, the audio config service, and other services related to hardware they don't own?

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

Does the modular installation also apply to the services running in the background?

Like, people only using a cooler and a keyboard won't have the corsairLLAccess for ram lighting, the audio config service, and other services related to hardware they don't own?

I've asked, and they said yes.

• Like 2

This new version needs some refinements, it's currently using a lot of system resources, a lot more than v4.

Screenshot 2023-04-19 205959.png

Dear Corsair,

I really like the new modular architecture.

But: How are you still not supporting the 40x0-series Nvidia Founders Editions cards? I don't get it.

At least you're now able to update single plugins inbetween version updates of iCUE so I hope that an update of the Nvidia plugin is around the corner.

Thanks and I appreaciate it.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TumK0 said:

I'm great 

dfvdfs.jpg

I wonder if it's because I have 12 Corsair devices connected and therefor I have a higher number of 'modules' installed. At the moment CPU usage hovers between 6.5% and 13% with 676.5MB of memory in use, I have the app open and idle.

45 minutes ago, Robbie_Jardine said:

Интересно, это потому, что у меня подключено 12 устройств Corsair, и поэтому у меня установлено большее количество «модулей». На данный момент загрузка ЦП колеблется между 6,5% и 13% при использовании 676,5 МБ памяти, приложение открыто и простаивает.

I have devices, h150i lcd, comander pro, hx1000i, rgb ram corsair

I did not connect the motherboard and video card module asus

Issues noted with this new update.

Corsair kit in use :- K100 , Dark Core Pro SE , Nexus , Dominator Pro RGB Ram , Virtuoso SE , H150 Pro Capellix , AX860i

Dark core pro SE would not show up until I reconnected with USB cable and setup from scratch.

K100 - original version without the current firmware issue - opacity reset to 100% for all my profiles so had to reset and also randomly keyboard will go dark , animation in iCue shows correct but no lights on keyboard and requires power cycle to get them back. This had never happened pre 5.x.

H150i - Some profiles had changed the cooling profile set so needed changing back , IE was quiet and changed to balanced .

Dashboard is  pointless and should be removed as it is empty after every reboot , not a new bug as its been like this since 4.x but still annoying 

Edited by andyvee
  • Thanks 1

Also just noticed under settings / software updates it lists firmware for all versions of the AX PSU's while I have just the AX860i but all versions from 760-1500 are listed

35 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Dark core pro SE would not show up until I reconnected with USB cable and setup from scratch.

That’s going to be normal for any wireless product.  It needs to install the module for the receiver and the KB/mouse. You’ll need it to be wired the first time. 

36 minutes ago, andyvee said:

K100 - original version without the current firmware issue - opacity reset to 100% for all my profiles so had to reset and also randomly keyboard will go dark

Known issue and not a hardware fault related to the other K100 issues. Right now you’ll need to disconnect/reconnect the KB usb or quit and restart CUE. Just for piece of mind, you’ll notice the KB lighting returns when you quit CUE. Not a hardware fail. It has a very irritating cycle, almost like the KB goes to sleep and turns off if you haven’t been actively typing  

38 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Dashboard is  pointless and should be removed as it is empty after every reboot ,

There is another twist on this and individual widgets within the device group will revert to default positions after you have arranged them — assuming it’s not blank on load. 

14 hours ago, Robbie_Jardine said:

This new version needs some refinements, it's currently using a lot of system resources, a lot more than v4.

You may want to do a repair installation (modify) from the Windows Settings -> Apps -> Corsair iCUE. Underlying services and operations have not changed and this is more ‘modular CUE 4.34’ than a true generational shift. If the repair install does not work you may need to clean install. I’m running 9 devices and it’s still <1% on CUE, the Corsair.Service and a measly 25 MB of RAM commit. 

1 hour ago, andyvee said:

Also just noticed under settings / software updates it lists firmware for all versions of the AX PSU's while I have just the AX860i but all versions from 760-1500 are listed

Shows 2 nodes comander core😁

всчмвачс.jpg

7 hours ago, c-attack said:

That’s going to be normal for any wireless product.  It needs to install the module for the receiver and the KB/mouse. You’ll need it to be wired the first time.

This was not the issue with my headset , just the mouse

Known issue and not a hardware fault related to the other K100 issues. Right now you’ll need to disconnect/reconnect the KB usb or quit and restart CUE. Just for piece of mind, you’ll notice the KB lighting returns when you quit CUE. Not a hardware fail. It has a very irritating cycle, almost like the KB goes to sleep and turns off if you haven’t been actively typing

I've had this KB for well over a year and this has never happened before , from my end this appears to have started only with the 5.x update

There is another twist on this and individual widgets within the device group will revert to default positions after you have arranged them — assuming it’s not blank on load. 

Its blank on load , I add the widgets back but on restart its all blank again then rinse and repeat , this has been happening pretty much since 4.x , some versions better than others.

Edited by Technobeard
fixed quotes

Hey, hey!

Congratulations to the team for this. Make sure you buy them pizza!

Thankyou Corsair for the modular approach of version 5.x, now I no longer need to disable ICUE related services I don't use. Still surprised the hotspot temperature for 40-series NVIDIA cards isn't available... coming soon™ ??

Update to version 5.0.147 went smooth on both of my machines; all profiles, alerts and custom fan curves came along for the ride correctly. Was also nice to see Elgato's ICUE plugin worked correctly.

A question regarding the plugins...  what does the "NVIDIA plugin" actually do?  Is it just for NVIDIA Broadcast or is it more? Could do with a simple description of what a particular plugin does. 

Edited by BlaiseP

9 hours ago, andyvee said:

had this KB for well over a year and this has never happened before , from my end this appears to have started only with the 5.x update

Correct.  This is a known CUE 5 issue.  It is software related and not hardware. If you are on CUE 4.33, use a K100, and do not want to re-plug the KB once per hour, you may want to consider staying on CUE 4 for now.  

59 minutes ago, c-attack said:

Correct.  This is a known CUE 5 issue.  It is software related and not hardware. If you are on CUE 4.33, use a K100, and do not want to re-plug the KB once per hour, you may want to consider staying on CUE 4 for now.  

Thanks C.

Can you point me where this is detailed as I saw nothing in the notes before updating

Also begs the question why they released it if they knew it would introduce issues seeing as it wasn't an issue with 4.x

In the new version of iCUE I've noticed that most of the associated background services are seemingly not properly registered in Windows. They no longer show up in MSCONFIG and in the Services section of Computer Management they have no descriptions associated with them. See attached screenshot.

Note that it was me who set these services to manual operation as I don't have them running in the background unless I'm actively using iCUE. This has no bearing on the issue described above as it still existed before I switched them to manual.

In iCUE 4 this problem did not exist so it would seem to be a bug introduced in version 5.

iCUE 5.png

On 4/20/2023 at 12:14 AM, Robbie_Jardine said:

I wonder if it's because I have 12 Corsair devices connected and therefor I have a higher number of 'modules' installed. At the moment CPU usage hovers between 6.5% and 13% with 676.5MB of memory in use, I have the app open and idle.

I have many devices like you and don't have this problem

image.png

image2.png

• Like 1

A few comments on the update from my experience.
First, I love the modular change. It's better at reducing bloat on our end and allows you to manage product lifecycle/support on your end.

With the update, I'm occasionally getting firmware prompts from my HS80 (both wired and wireless receiver). Especially after resuming from sleep mode. Also, my corsair vengeance RAM lighting "flip-flops" direction. I have it set to go north>south but the lights occasionally go south>north. When I power on/resume it's 50-50 which way the animation will run. I have edited my profile to "up" but now it's not intuitive - as the animation runs down. Not a big deal but this may impact others using directional animation for other products.