Corsair Community

iCUE shows H150i Elite Capellix dissappear/reappear frequently with W10 usb disconnect/reconnect sound

Go to solution Solved by freevision,

I have absolutely no idea what is going on but starting around a month ago my H150i Elite started randomly disconnecting and reconnecting. Sometimes extremely frequently and sometimes only once or twice in a day. The unit completely disappears from iCUE during this process. I honestly wouldn't really notice it if it weren't for the Windows USB disconnect and reconnect audio playing every single time. This is quite annoying. Furthermore this seems to not happen if I completely close iCUE entirely. My motherboard is on the latest BIOS, drivers are up to date and no hardware changes were made anywhere near the time that this issue started happening. I have iCUE error logging enabled but I'm unaware of where that file would be located. Any help or suggestions?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix x570-F Gaming

Any other information needed I'm happy to provide.

• Corsair Employee

How exactly are you connecting the USB for the cooler to your system?

I'm pretty confident that everything is plugged into the provided commander pro that came with the H150 then into the mobo. I would need some time to open it up and double check.

The exact same thing happens to me. From what I read it is a general problem with AMD motherboards that cannot find a solution. The commander core is connected to an internal USB on the motherboard. I've tried changing the connector but it still doesn't work. I have read that there are people who have even tried an additional USB hub but after a while they have had the same problem again.

Please find a solid solution, stop giving inconsistent solutions. I've been waiting months for a working update. If it's never going to work, say so and I'll buy another refrigeration system from another brand.

Thank you for your time

15 hours ago, Neptura said:

I'm pretty confident that everything is plugged into the provided commander pro that came with the H150 then into the mobo. I would need some time to open it up and double check.

Opened my case up and double checked referencing the installation instructions. Everything is hooked up appropriately through the commander and to the motherboard. Is there really no solution to this issue that didn't used to happen the first year I've had this? Seems odd that the problem only cropped up a month or so ago.

21 hours ago, Neptura said:

Opened my case up and double checked referencing the installation instructions. Everything is hooked up appropriately through the commander and to the motherboard. Is there really no solution to this issue that didn't used to happen the first year I've had this? Seems odd that the problem only cropped up a month or so ago.

I assembled the computer two months ago and I have had the problem from the first day, but this has been discussed in the forum since 2021

• Like 1

10 hours ago, freevision said:

I assembled the computer two months ago and I have had the problem from the first day, but this has been discussed in the forum since 2021

Also having this issue from a newly built pc, my thing is it’s with the same cpu cooler too so I’m curious as if this batch of h150s came with faulty cores or something cause this is the 4th post if seen recently with the same cpu cooler… also checked if everything is plugged in right but I do have an am5 board (b650 Msi mag) so maybe that’s it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hello, I have solved the USB reconnection problem on my computer. The problem was the voltage supply to the commander core. What I did was put a sata power cable connected to the power supply dedicated exclusively to the commander core and everything worked correctly. I hope this solves your problem.

10 hours ago, freevision said:

Hello, I have solved the USB reconnection problem on my computer. The problem was the voltage supply to the commander core. What I did was put a sata power cable connected to the power supply dedicated exclusively to the commander core and everything worked correctly. I hope this solves your problem.

HI, thanks a lot for the useful information.

Could you please post a shot of this cable and what is its denomination so I can search for it on Amazon?

Bye.

21 minutes ago, 74lobster said:

HI, thanks a lot for the useful information.

Could you please post a shot of this cable and what is its denomination so I can search for it on Amazon?

Bye.

I mean the cable that comes out from the psu.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, freevision said:

It is the hard drive connection cable that comes with the power supply, where the Commander Core is connected. He needs one for exclusive use, only this device can be connected.

ACCESORIO-FUENTE-ALIMENTACION-CORSAIR-Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable.jpg

Could you please gimme the Amazon link for the purchase?

I have difficulty to find it...

I found it:

Corsair CP-8920116 Ribbon Style SATA Cable.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about to try this solution. Apologies for the late reply, I just assumed this thread would end up abandoned like the several other posts. I will report back once I've set this up. Many thanks in advance!

Update: I long since lost the box for my PSU so I placed an order for an additional SATA cable that arrives Tuesday. I will post results when I've installed it. I am curious though as to why this would even work? The only other thing plugged into that specific SATA cable is my SSD. Is that enough juice to make the commander pro unstable?

I just installed the new SATA connecter and now the Commander Core (correction to earlier as I thought I had a pro) is on it's own dedicated power line. I'm going to let the computer soak while running COD: MWII for a while and see what happens.

I can't say that this is 100% going to fix this issue for every single person who stumbles across this thread in the future however, it absolutely did the trick. The only issue I'm seeing is that the Commander does not show up in iCue software but I haven't looked into that yet. Otherwise we're good to go. It is HIGHLY recommended that your Commander is powered by it's own dedicated SATA cable. It's unfortunate that Corsair hasn't investigated this further.

Marking original post as the solution. Thank you all for your help 🙂

Keywords for search engines:
corsair, commander, commander pro, rgb, flicker, usb, amd, icue, disconnect, windows, random, disconnect, power, sata

• 3 months later...
On 3/17/2023 at 3:53 AM, Neptura said:

I can't say that this is 100% going to fix this issue for every single person who stumbles across this thread in the future however, it absolutely did the trick. The only issue I'm seeing is that the Commander does not show up in iCue software but I haven't looked into that yet. Otherwise we're good to go. It is HIGHLY recommended that your Commander is powered by it's own dedicated SATA cable. It's unfortunate that Corsair hasn't investigated this further.

Marking original post as the solution. Thank you all for your help 🙂

Keywords for search engines:
corsair, commander, commander pro, rgb, flicker, usb, amd, icue, disconnect, windows, random, disconnect, power, sata

Going to chime in, had this same issue after hitting an update and then doing an OC, (not sure if OC had anything to do with it), but had my commander on same power line as my Drives, gave the commander its own dedicated power line, and boom its back on recognized again.