Corsair Community

Corsair RX750m psu

Hello I have a ati Radeon r9 390 gpu arriving shortly. Now my PSU only has a slot for one pci-e cable but the cable I have has got 2x 6+2 connectors will that be enough? Or will I need a separate cable. As I only have one slot for pci-e I don’t know if I can fit another pci cable on. 

the PSU has 4 slots for PCIE and CPU power. Normally, if you only have one GPU you should have 3 slots to play with, one being taken by the CPU power (EPS12V)

from what i see this R9 is rated at 275W, so it would be better to have two discreet cables

27 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

the PSU has 4 slots for PCIE and CPU power. Normally, if you only have one GPU you should have 3 slots to play with, one being taken by the CPU power (EPS12V)

from what i see this R9 is rated at 275W, so it would be better to have two discreet cables

Can you show me the slots on the PSU for the PCI-e as I only see 1, 

apologies i meant the cx750m not rx

image.jpeg.27ff0c046c4326781ca1d0fe6d914697.jpeg

Edited by jhmc93
added picture

i thought RMx ^^

Seems you have no choice anyway, so pigtail cable it is.

it should work, but using the pigtail cable can cause a bit of voltage drop. more recent GPUs sometimes do not like it, but it may be OK with yours.

the spec for a PCIE connector (on the GPU side) is 150W max. in practice, those fat molex connectors can take a lot more. The pigtail cable also has fatter wire gauge to accomodate two PCIE connectors.

As much as possible it's better to use one cable per connector, but you have to make do with what you have.

Turns out my psu has the cpu wire already a part of my psu so I do have room for another pci e cable as both 8 pin connections will be free. I have just brought myself 2x 8 pin to 6+2 connector cable so hoping that’s right 

as long as it's a corsair or corsair compatible cable (type 3 or type 4)  that'll do it

• Corsair Employee
32 minutes ago, jhmc93 said:

Cables off Ebay are not going to be recommended. If you require additional PCIe power cables you can find them on the Corsair website available for individual purchase.

Any item purchased off Ebay is not going to be covered by the warranty. Also if it is not a Corsair cable and you attempt to use it, you can end up damaging the hardware you are powering with the PSU and the PSU itself. All of which is not covered by the warranty.