Corsair Community

Custom ARGB Strip LED counts and Hydro X ARGB Strip addition.

ETHREAL1

I have been thinking about switching my system to a full custom water cooling loop. I currently have a Corsair Commander Core XT as my iCue controller and would like to use just it. My case is the Fractal Design Torrent Nano and it has a built in 6 LED ARGB strip on the PSU shroud. I have currently been using a 3-Pin adapter to have the Core XT control that strip. If I get a Hydro X CPU block, GPU block, and pump I can no longer use the strip by the looks of it. What I was wondering is why? Why could I not just have the strip before the CPU block (that has to be the endpoint) and set the number of LEDs in the strip? Why are both of these options not available?

So TLDR could ARGB strips be added to the Hydro X configuration in iCue. And could we please be allowed to set the number of LEDs on a strip.

Edited by ETHREAL1
typos

If you use a Corsair adapter on each end of the 6 LED strip, you could sandwich it between the pump/res (1st in line) and the CPU block (last).  You will need to tell CUE it is a GPU block (16 LEDs) and then when you apply lighting effects only select the first 6 LEDs. CUE should allow you to add multiple GPUs in the lighting chain. This all assumes the strip on the shroud is double ended.

4 hours ago, c-attack said:

If you use a Corsair adapter on each end of the 6 LED strip, you could sandwich it between the pump/res (1st in line) and the CPU block (last).  You will need to tell CUE it is a GPU block (16 LEDs) and then when you apply lighting effects only select the first 6 LEDs. CUE should allow you to add multiple GPUs in the lighting chain. This all assumes the strip on the shroud is double ended.

Ya that' what I was thinking as a work around but it would be nice if you could just tell iCue as much... also the strip only has input but I was hoping that something like this; would work.
EK-Loop D-RGB 2-Way Splitter Cable – EK Webshop (ekwb.com)

It would mostly work.  At the end it would become a twin of the CPU.  You would not have individual control over the PSU shroud strip and it would effectively be the same as the first 6 LEDs on the CPU block.