Corsair Community

4 out of 6 QL fans lighting up

Pasquale444

Hello guys. I have 3xQL120 and 3xQL140 that i hooked up to the lighting core. However port 5 and port 6 aren’t working. All the fans work and they all light up in port 1. But as soon as i try to plug any fan in port 5 or 6 it doesn’t work. So all 6 are spinning but only 4 have any rgb. The fans aren’t broken as all work correctly. Is the rgb hub broken? Or is there a limit in how many leds the core hub can power? 

The Lighting Node Pro has an LED limit that can be exceeded by high number of QL fans, but not the Lighting Node Core that you got from the multi-pack of QL.  You've done your work properly and it does suggest there may be an issue with the LNCore at port 5.  However, be aware you can have a defect on the return line after the last LED.  This will cause the fan to appear like it's fine in port 1, but if you connect another fan to port 2 it will be out.  If you did not try already, swap fans 1 + 4 for the RGB ports.  If 4 has a bad return, it will knock out 2-6.  If it does not, then it seems like a Lighting Node Core defect.  

I don't suppose you have an extra LNCore from the 140mm pack?