Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

Seems like i am in the same boat, about this. The keyboard is freezing, only i got an color animation, like rainbow or something, active... As far i am on solid color, it seems to be stable.

Any news about this, in the meantime?

Edited by andreaz70

I've been watching this thread and experiencing the same issues for almost a year now. I've had to RMA the keyboard once however the one I received was no better than the one I sent. I held tight because it appeared that staff was working on fixing the issue and that a fix would come soon but this thread looks dead and updates are nowhere to be found 😞. No statement or even an explanation on why this is happening to so many people yet the keyboards remain on the shelves and being sold. I'm not even sure Corsair techs know the cause and it appears that they have completely given up. I used to have almost an entire Corsair ecosystem (many iterations of fans, several generations of ram, 3 different AIOs, 2 different keyboards)  but have slowly been replacing components with other brands. I really wanted to support Corsair but it's hard to stand by them after seeing what others in this thread have had to go through. 

I've experienced the freeze on every available polling rate, various color profiles (including static), every firmware version available, every iCUE version available, and even with iCUE not running. There is no escape. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1.14.58 / 5.6.96 - a good while later. Still no joy. Really, corsair - will this ever be fixed!? Or is it complete out of focus? The hangs will start bugging me and i like to know, if i should shred this thing to the garbage and get a functional one, or not.

I start to believe, the contacts inside my usb hub and usb plug will start to die, before this is fixed.

Edited by andreaz70
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 4:38 AM, Corsair Nick said:

We are working towards providing a solution for all of you that are experiencing the freezing behavior.  As soon as we have an update available, we'll provide the information here for all of you.

this was more than 6 months ago. the keyboard is still fatally flawed.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So last acknowledge from corsair about this problem was on june? even though this post its been one of the most active i've seen in this forum and even reddit

No new updates or communication @Corsair Art
I don't want to sound whiny but i feel is a big enough problem to try to mask it or lets say manage through the slow tickets 

On 9/12/2023 at 6:59 PM, crappyK100 said:

I have the latest update and it still acting up!

Did you try to backup your profile and settings and do an clean install of ICUE 5?
Maybe that's the culprit.

• Corsair Employee
On 10/7/2023 at 2:51 PM, serfi said:

So last acknowledge from corsair about this problem was on june? even though this post its been one of the most active i've seen in this forum and even reddit

No new updates or communication @Corsair Art
I don't want to sound whiny but i feel is a big enough problem to try to mask it or lets say manage through the slow tickets 

If you're still having issues I'd still recommend you reach out to our support team for further steps: help.corsair.com

-Art

• Corsair Employee
On 10/8/2023 at 8:56 AM, Superino said:

someone from corsair to speed up RMA number #2006447828
since it is the third keyboard.
unfortunately spending €269.99 for a keyboard cannot be afforded again

I'll get this forwarded to our team, what is it regarding?

3 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

Not a problem, will forward your ticket to the team for a faster response.

thanks, the support responded to me and wants to do some tests, the problem I wrote to them is that when I connect the keyboard it creates blocks on my PC, it should be noted that if I connect it to another PC same problem
but I never heard back from support
It is the third keyboard with problems but the last one cannot be used
I kindly ask you if you can speed up the process with support

• Corsair Employee
21 hours ago, Superino said:

thanks, the support responded to me and wants to do some tests, the problem I wrote to them is that when I connect the keyboard it creates blocks on my PC, it should be noted that if I connect it to another PC same problem
but I never heard back from support
It is the third keyboard with problems but the last one cannot be used
I kindly ask you if you can speed up the process with support

Ticket has been escalated, yep!

1 hour ago, Corsair Art said:

Ticket has been escalated, yep!

thank you, you're really kind.
but it makes me do tests that are useless
now who knows when he will answer me
I honestly don't understand why assistance, despite knowing the problem, wastes all this time.
if I ask you if you can speed up assistance

• Corsair Employee
21 hours ago, Superino said:

thank you, you're really kind.
but it makes me do tests that are useless
now who knows when he will answer me
I honestly don't understand why assistance, despite knowing the problem, wastes all this time.
if I ask you if you can speed up assistance

It feels like a waste only until it solves the issue. Please continue working with the escalation team member to get this resolved, I hope.

1 hour ago, Corsair Art said:

It feels like a waste only until it solves the issue. Please continue working with the escalation team member to get this resolved, I hope.

the real problem is that they don't respond,
only thanks to you something has moved.

8 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

It feels like a waste only until it solves the issue.

I went through all troubleshooting steps until they said the keyboard needs to be replaced. They sent me a new keyboard but it has the same problem.

Same story as many people here in this thread.

Either it's an inherent hardware design defect, or a firmware defect.  If it's the latter there's at least hope they will release a firmware update that finally addresses the problem.

But we've been waiting a loooong time.

8 hours ago, drwtsn32 said:

I went through all troubleshooting steps until they said the keyboard needs to be replaced. They sent me a new keyboard but it has the same problem.

Same story as many people here in this thread.

Either it's an inherent hardware design defect, or a firmware defect.  If it's the latter there's at least hope they will release a firmware update that finally addresses the problem.

But we've been waiting a loooong time.

the real problem isn't the tests they make you do, it's that they're useless, just a waste of time.
their time and paid my no
but leaving the matter aside...
the real problem I don't answer,
I've already been waiting for their response for more than 24 hours
I'm seriously thinking of changing everything I have from Corsair, definitely more than €3500, too many problems, I should enjoy my peripherals, no keeping up with assistance is asking a Corsair moderator on the forum for help.
surely losing a few customers is not a problem for them

7 minutes ago, Superino said:

the real problem isn't the tests they make you do, it's that they're useless, just a waste of time.
I'm seriously thinking of changing everything I have from Corsair, definitely more than €3500, too many problems, I should enjoy my peripherals, no keeping up with assistance is asking a Corsair moderator on the forum for help.

I'll talk about it on my twitch channel tonight

5 hours ago, Superino said:

Yep! That was my point, even though I didn't say it directly. The troubleshooting steps are pointless because there is a hardware or firmware flaw.  At most you'll be able to convince tech support to send you a new keyboard, but it doesn't change anything.

There is nothing tech support can do.

Engineering is hopefully working on a firmware fix, but it's been so long I'm afraid it's something that cannot be fixed with a firmware upgrade.

• Corsair Employee
6 hours ago, Superino said:

I just want to make it clearer that the team is only trying to help, and yes, taking over 24 hours to respond is normal as they all have multitudes of other tickets to also attend to and help with. Let the team member helping you that no fix has worked and that you'd rather not keep trying and they'll give you a solution.

-Art