Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

Are the problems gone with the K100?  I had one when it first came out and had to get rid of it. I went back to my T95 that is now starting to have key problems, and looking to replace it. Likewise, I'm still wanting a K100 (wired).

22 hours ago, R1031 said:

Are the problems gone with the K100?

Judging from some recent posts, it doesn't sound like it.  But my personal experience is that the problems are gone with the latest firmware.  Maybe it's a matter of time before I experience it again....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, drwtsn32 said:

Judging from some recent posts, it doesn't sound like it.  But my personal experience is that the problems are gone with the latest firmware.  Maybe it's a matter of time before I experience it again....

Thanks for your reply.  

4 hours ago, drwtsn32 said:

Been in the same boat. The keyboard worked for 3 or 4 days without any issue 24/7. After a restart the freeze started again. But not that often, than before. Something got better with the latest firmware. But it seems, the problem isn't killed at all.
Would love to help anyhow, that corsair can find the problem - if i can.

Finally had a freeze since the latest update to the firmware and updated iCUE. However, I had to physically unplug the keyboard again, when before it would reconnect after a few seconds.

8 minutes ago, zeno_ said:

The problem is just by the OPX Version right ? The Cherry MX Speed is not touched with that issue right ? 

Support said this, yeah.

On 6/18/2023 at 10:02 PM, Tiucaner said:

Finally had a freeze since the latest update to the firmware and updated iCUE. However, I had to physically unplug the keyboard again, when before it would reconnect after a few seconds.

Yeah, same here. But that freezes are not that often anymore.

On 6/16/2023 at 10:12 AM, drwtsn32 said:

Maybe it's a matter of time before I experience it again....

I shouldn't have jinxed it by saying that....

The problem happened to me twice yesterday.  Both times I was adjusting volume using the keyboard roller.  Ugh.

Yep.... Still happens but less frequently, I can't be bothered opening a support request to talk to someone that has never heard of this issue. Just fix your flagship £200+ keyboard...

Imagine playing a Hardcore Diablo 4 character and you die because of this crappy "Corsair FLAGSHIP" keyboard. Might as well buy £10 non brand from Amazon at this point.

Edited by josh125

On 6/20/2023 at 11:24 PM, andreaz70 said:

Yeah, same here. But that freezes are not that often anymore.

Indeed, had only another one, both after touching the the Volume Wheel and just a couple of hours apart. Nothing else since.

Edited by Tiucaner

Decided to make an account to post on this topic. I've been following it since it only had like 3 pages. I've had the freezing issue since I got the keyboard, and got an RMA through Corsair, but the issue happens even on the new keyboard. Clearly not an issue with faulty hardware. Probably some design flaw we will never get fixed because it would cost them too much money. I guess all we can hope for is workarounds via firmware updates.

On 6/24/2023 at 10:48 PM, Patrick1417 said:

I have ICUE closed and automatic startup deactivated and never had a Freeze again.

I'm using this "fix" for like 3 months - never had a freeze

that just work for ppl they do not need icue, but if u need it, for fan speed, makro or smtg like that, in that case its not a solution.. 

8 hours ago, zeno_ said:

that just work for ppl they do not need icue, but if u need it, for fan speed, makro or smtg like that, in that case its not a solution.. 

I think zero just means iCUE is disabled from automatically starting with Windows. You can still open it manually after start up.

Since my last update in this forum was almost 3 months ago, I am happy to say that my k100 opx is problem free for over a month now. I was cautious updating the firmware since I hat the freezing problem randomly but tried it anyways. For me the last two firmware updates were without any hiccups or freezes. I am happy that I can use the keyboard as intended now and hope that this problem never comes back haunting me again.  If anybody is interested, I am currently on v1.14.58.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 12:14 PM, Raphael Oliveira said:

Guys, can someone recommend a good keyboard, I'm tired of this, this is a joke that is takes a year to fix a serious issue like this.

K100 Cherry MX Speed, i changed my OPX to a Cherry MX Speed and now im out of issues, finally.. 

Wanted to add my "me too" response. Actually, I was unable to update my firmware on my K100 RGB due to the iCue software being unable to complete the update. Finally, using a laptop, I was able to update the firmware to the latest, 1.14.58. Since this update, I've gotten the K100 random lockup. Happens at always the worst time, average once per hour. The only workaround is to unplug and replug the USB connection. I've tried much of what many others have tried. Changed ports, removed any USB hubs, tried different speed ports, tried direct USB ports on the motherboard... no change. Continued lockups. 

Another recent change is the installation of the Elgato "Stream Deck" software so that I can use my G-Keys to control some key lights. At this point, either the latest firmware or the Stream Deck application are potential culprits for this new behavior. I suppose I'll uninstall the Stream Deck application and test it some time this weekend when I don't have work to complete.

All-in-all, this keyboard has been great. Unfortunately, this new behavior is very disappointing. 

I'm also still getting lockups on firmware version 1.14.58. Like I said earlier A while back, it happens 1-3 times a day when I'm using the rainbow wave lighting, but almost not at all when using a solid color pattern. Occasionally when the keyboard freezes, iCUE will also silently crash, though not always. 

I'm happy to provide any additional info if requested, but the last time we were asked to make a ticket and attach info (even referencing this thread where we were asked to do so), I was treated as though this was a specific issue with just my keyboard and asked to just RMA it.