Corsair Community

Issue with QL series fans - when set to red they're pink (the red preset works normally though)

New build with four QL120s and two QL140 in a Hyte Y60. Controller is the Lighting Node Core that came with the QL120s. All the colors seem fine, except for red. When I set the fans individually to red, they're just a rose-pink color. I verified the setting is 255/0/0. I can select the red preset that iCUE comes loaded with and they're the normal red, so I know the LEDs are working.

Using the latest version of iCUE, and it's reading that all firmware is up to date. This is a new build, all bios/drivers/Windows are up to date. Any ideas what would be causing this?

• Corsair Employee

Did you check the brightness setting when setting the static/solid color effect?  If the brightness is turned down it can look pink. Can you provide a screenshot of your entire iCUE software showing the specific effect you are setting also?

8 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Did you check the brightness setting when setting the static/solid color effect?  If the brightness is turned down it can look pink. Can you provide a screenshot of your entire iCUE software showing the specific effect you are setting also?

Attached is a pic of the settings. I deleted and reinstalled iCUE (which no longer has a red preset). I tried both just setting the fans to red and made a red "mural", with the exact result, all pink. I have a Lighting Node Pro in the system controlling the RGB on the AIO pump head, you can see that it's also pink. I've attached screenshots of the iCUE settings, as well as a pic of the system. The color seems pretty accurate; the red on the GPU is what I'd expect to see on the fans.

I uninstalled MSI Center/Mystic Light to see if it was causing some interference, but no change.

Capture.PNG

Capture02.PNG

IMG_3440.jpg

• Corsair Employee

What happens if you turn the brightness down a bit?

11 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

What happens if you turn the brightness down a bit?

No change, just a dimmer version of pink. I also tried both Static and Solid settings, no change - still pink. This is really odd, because the "red" signal to the AIO LED (fed through the Lighting Node Pro) is also pink. If this were just an issue with the fans or the Core controller it doesn't seem like it would affect the AIO.

There is another post where we were trying to work this out. I’ll see if I can find it. However, there was an oddity with scenes/murals where enabling a pure red color after using one of the preset values results in the unexpected color. The “red preset” is really more like ‘watermelon’ with some blue/green value to lighten. Those values seem to stick. 

Found the prior discussion in the 4.27 release notes. 
https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/179577-icue-v427168-release-notes/?do=findComment&comment=1028283

When you set pure Red on the initial creation pop up screen, it seems to use a different set of values. If you re-enter 255/0/0 red after initially creating the mural, it should return to the intended color. This was a creation moment bug and one time only. Hopefully this is the same thing. 

Edited by c-attack

That would explain why on the screenshots your "red" on iCUE looks rather pinkish already.

Hey, hey!

If you are running Opera make sure to disable it from iCUE Software and Games under Settings.

• Like 1