Corsair Community

NEXUS Companion Touchscreen - Spotify Integration

OLLI_S

Hello,

I have the NEXUS Companion Touchscreen and also the K70 RGM MK.2.

When I am listening to music via Spotify, controlling the audio via the keyboard media keys is really a cool feature.
It would be awesome to see some data of Spotify on that Companion Touchscreen (like artist, song title, etc).
Is that somehow possible?

Regards

OLLI

• Like 2

• Corsair Employee

This is a great suggestion -- I'm going to make sure to send it directly to the iCUE feedback team for consideration! Keep the good ideas coming! 

• Thanks 3

• 3 months later...

Hahaa, I see more people are chasing this feature.
GOOD!
I was looking for the same, but I do have some more suggestions

On 5/6/2022 at 3:04 PM, Corsair Blade said:

This is a great suggestion -- I'm going to make sure to send it directly to the iCUE feedback team for consideration! Keep the good ideas coming! 

I use a K70 MK.2, which has a media button and a volume wheel. It works fine, but if I play something on youtube (for instance) it automatically controls last media source

It would be fantastic if the Spotify integration would have an option to add media control directly for Spotify. This is not as important for me as the volume control option.
The K70 wheel controls general volume, while I would love to have on hand direct Spotify volume control where I can adjust music level during gaming. Slider or Volume Up/Down ie 5% increasement/decreasement would make me very happy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, Corsair Blade said:

There hasn’t been any update for the nexus in months to maybe a year now. What’s going on? Did I buy a useless product?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 12:48 PM, SpyVision said:

There hasn’t been any update for the nexus in months to maybe a year now. What’s going on? Did I buy a useless product?

Yes you did. 

On 12/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, unhappyisdead said:

are there any updates regarding this? Spotify integration is a feature that would convince me to buy the nexus

Bro, it's never coming. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Corsair BladeAny updates?

• 2 months later...

Yep, i bought mine and worse money ever spend, I was thinking we going to have a bunch of integrations in it for spotify and some other stuff. but it's really nothing. I'm guessing they didn't want to keep working on it because they want to sell the stream deck more.

At this point, Corsair should give everyone store credit or a refund. They abandoned this hardware and fast. And sweep it under the rug. As a matter of fact, not 1 thing has been added to it since its release.  Only bug fixes.

i have already started a thread in german section of this forum to share different Nexus screens together. Here i have already shared few screens from myside. Of course these a simple. But nobody else shared his screens there. So for me works the Nexus community not really fine together. If would so, so perhaps Corsair see also the interesting of this screens and offer more.

I´m not really a user of Spotify. Which functions of Spotify you want to get ? 

You have seen, that Spotify offer a web api, so perhaps you can do yourself your needed functions ?

The problem is, that there is no "Corsair Murals Store" where you can download Murals for other hardware and also Screens for the NEXUS Companion Touchscreen.

And it is very annoying that none of the Corsair staff is answering here....

5 hours ago, RCE_KH said:

i have already started a thread in german section of this forum to share different Nexus screens together. Here i have already shared few screens from myside. Of course these a simple. But nobody else shared his screens there. So for me works the Nexus community not really fine together. If would so, so perhaps Corsair see also the interesting of this screens and offer more.

I´m not really a user of Spotify. Which functions of Spotify you want to get ? 

You have seen, that Spotify offer a web api, so perhaps you can do yourself your needed functions ?

Where exactly did you share the screens (what topic)?

ahh sorry seem that i have done a mistake with the link.

Here the link :

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/182370-screens-für-icue-nexus-companion-touchscreen/#comment-1046062 

A few screens you can find if you search deep inside the corsair pages.  Also i have found few at Reddit.

This was the reason to create this thread in german section, (i m german, so i prefer german section 😉).

I work as a Usability Engineer and this here (regarding Corsair) is a very very bad usability.
Why do users have to look manually in forums, reddit, etc?
Users demand a "1 Click" solution, where they see all available screens or murals inside iCUE and download them with one click.

A good example here is SignalRGB, here you can download new Effects directly via the application.
This is exactly, what I wish for iCUE, that users can share their Nexus displays and also Murals.