Corsair Community

Coolant temp below zero

Hey all,

I just installed new lcd upgrade kit on H150i Elite Capellix and noticed that coolant temp sensor is stuck at -8 degrees all the time, had to change sensor to cpu cores because fans were not working. 

Tried to force firmware update and reinstalling icue but they didn't help.

Is it hardware issue?

ThanksiCUE_lIL5ArLJkR.thumb.png.feb742cf514eeb7377c02d05007d9466.png

• Corsair Employee

Do you happen to be running other hardware monitoring software such as HWiNFO64, HWMonitor, AIDA64, etc... ?

Certainly appears to be a defective or improperly operating temperature probe. I think that is the first we’ve seen. Software interference is far more common.  

This is probably physical and you’ll need to exchange the cooler with the vendor or contact Corsair Support through the link at the bottom of the page. However, it might be worthwhile to try a forced firmware update on the Elite to reset things. Go to the device settings -> check for update -> (none) -> force update. The pump and fans will max out for a few seconds as it reloads the firmware. 

• Corsair Employee

Do you have the MSI software installed for your motherboard? If so what happens if you uninstall it completely?

5 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Do you have the MSI software installed for your motherboard? If so what happens if you uninstall it completely?

I had MSI Center and uninstalled it but nothing changed, also have MSI Afterburner. Should I uninstall that too?

The actual sensor is inside the pump/block unit.  If this is a physical issue with the sensor, the LCD top vs standard should not matter.  I expected it to be physical since the top was reporting the erroneous temp pre-OS.  However, if the value is correct with the standard top on, then that changes things.  

No need to uninstall Afterburner.  Most of us use it.

Edited by c-attack

17 minutes ago, c-attack said:

The actual sensor is inside the pump/block unit.  If this is a physical issue with the sensor, the LCD top vs standard should not matter.  I expected it to be physical since the top was reporting the erroneous temp pre-OS.  However, if the value is correct with the standard top on, then that changes things.  

No need to uninstall Afterburner.  Most of us it.

So does it mean is it a firmware issue since it's happening before OS?

That was one possibility.  Since you mentioned this was a unit your already owned and it was not doing this prior to the LCD top installation, it's not clear whether the LCD top is misreading data and then transmitting the bad data to CUE or if it's something else.  You could try a forced firmware update on the LCD top.  You could try putting the standard top back on.  However, it may be time to contact Corsair Support.  

1 minute ago, farshadatis said:

I was reading some posts on reddit with same issue, it seems these lcds might damage commander pro controller, not sure if it's true or not!

I am waiting for corsair support to see what's their suggestion

Same!

There were some users who reported this, but also had clear data or connection issues across the rest of the metrics. This seems oddly singular. Regardless, another troubleshooting step is to completely power down, PSU switch off, and then reseat the LCD top. 

8 minutes ago, c-attack said:

There were some users who reported this, but also had clear data or connection issues across the rest of the metrics. This seems oddly singular. Regardless, another troubleshooting step is to completely power down, PSU switch off, and then reseat the LCD top. 

Already did that no luck 😞

7 hours ago, c-attack said:

That was one possibility.  Since you mentioned this was a unit your already owned and it was not doing this prior to the LCD top installation, it's not clear whether the LCD top is misreading data and then transmitting the bad data to CUE or if it's something else.  You could try a forced firmware update on the LCD top.  You could try putting the standard top back on.  However, it may be time to contact Corsair Support.  

Reinstalled the stock kit and seems lcd did something to cooler, coolant temp is still sub zero

For anyone interested it turns out to be the commander unit, somehow lcd damaged it or something like that, used another commander unit and temps get back to show as before.

Now I don't know where to find or buy this unit, units on website or amazon are different that this!

• Corsair Employee
3 minutes ago, farshadatis said:

For anyone interested it turns out to be the commander unit, somehow lcd damaged it or something like that, used another commander unit and temps get back to show as before.

Now I don't know where to find or buy this unit, units on website or amazon are different that this!

You will need to reach out to our support staff by creating a ticket and they will be happy to help you out.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I've had this issue for a long period that it never bothered me. But for whatever reason, as of lately, it's been bothering me and prompting me to research. Low and behold.... there are tons of claims with this LCD being funky. Not one thread has taken me to an actual issue/remediation. 

Appears to be a hit or miss thing. Did you get your unit replaced or what was the end resolution on this thread? @farshadatis