Corsair Community

cant control my fans

Hello i recently build a pc in the corsair 5000x and everything is working fine beside the fact the fan controller doesn't show up in ICUE. The power sata cable is plugged in and ive switched the pwm cable around from system fan to pump fan to cpu fan but no matter what i do it doesnt show up.  the fans are working but i have no way to control them. 

i have a MSI z370 - a pro motherboard in case that is relievent.

anybody know how to fix this ?

Just now, Jfdavis44 said:

Hello i recently build a pc in the corsair 5000x and everything is working fine beside the fact the fan controller doesn't show up in ICUE. The power sata cable is plugged in and ive switched the pwm cable around from system fan to pump fan to cpu fan but no matter what i do it doesnt show up.  the fans are working but i have no way to control them. 

i have a MSI z370 - a pro motherboard in case that is relievent.

anybody know how to fix this ?

the rbg control works just fine forgot to say that 

the fans are controlled by the motherboard since that's where they are plugged, and not by a corsair controller.

you have to set the fan curves with the MSI software

That small circuit board in the back is a PWM repeater. It is essentially a powered splitter where you connect it to a fan controller and all fans on the hub run the same speed. It will not show up as a fan controller and it will be seen as one fan (the one on the “dot” or 1). 

3 hours ago, c-attack said:

That small circuit board in the back is a PWM repeater. It is essentially a powered splitter where you connect it to a fan controller and all fans on the hub run the same speed. It will not show up as a fan controller and it will be seen as one fan (the one on the “dot” or 1). 

Hey C-Attack

i don't see a single fan on the icue and can you clarify what you mean by  "(the one on the “dot” or 1)" ?  or would it be controlled by something like MSI afterburner? 

I was wondering if you were referring to the PWM repeater in the back.  It's not an iCUE device and works with any PWM control header.  If you connect to the MB, the BIOS or other software controls the lot.  If you connect it to a Corsair fan controller (Commander Pro, Core, XT) then it can control them.

9270_26_corsair-carbide-678c-mid-tower-c

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

I was wondering if you were referring to the PWM repeater in the back.  It's not an iCUE device and works with any PWM control header.  If you connect to the MB, the BIOS or other software controls the lot.  If you connect it to a Corsair fan controller (Commander Pro, Core, XT) then it can control them.

9270_26_corsair-carbide-678c-mid-tower-c

9 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

the fans are controlled by the motherboard since that's where they are plugged, and not by a corsair controller.

you have to set the fan curves with the MSI software

yes that is what i was talking about thank you both of the clarification i got it all set in bios 

thank you again