Corsair Community

iCUE v4.18.209 Release Notes

Corsair Nick

• Corsair Employee
Software Enhancements

• Checking the ‘Delete all saved settings’ checkbox will now properly delete all files during
uninstallation
• CPUID SDK has been updated for the latest generation of Intel CPUs
• All tooltip descriptions have been visually improved
• Devices that undergo the force update process will no longer disappear from iCUE
• Device image scrolling is no longer obstructed by device images
• Resolved several issues with overlapping messages and disappearing pop-up windows
• Keyboards and mice will no longer disconnect if audio is playing during the installation of iCUE

View full version

4.18.209 breaks the iCUE plugin for Stream Deck again after 4.17.244 fixed it. Who should I report this to? Last time it broke, I kept on getting bounced around between Corsair and Elgato for 2 months.

Temps on Asus Crosshair 8 Dark Hero are still showing as 216 degrees and one of the fans as 65,280 rpm.

Still, can't resize the window to a smaller size so space is wasted.

Also still can't move the dialog box windows in ICUE. I'd like to be able to drag the settings window around so I could see the ICUE information that it's currently obscuring.

Stream Deck plugin broken again with this update, also mobo temps still showing 216 degrees.  Does no one test updates before releasing them anymore?  I really should learn not to update when everything is working fine.

• Like 1

iCUE is now working again with Stream Deck v4.18.209. 

Still no chance to rename (1) devices... come on Corsair!!

Baio

Could we add support for ASUS ROG Strix LC II ARGB AIO next update thanks.

Hi there,

Thought this might be the best place to post up a few software issues that I've noticed.

1. This is a weird one but should be easy to reproduce. When setting using a scenes in iCUE, this impacts the water temp reading on an h150i cappellix. If setting a scene to black (lights off), there is no change to the water temp reading. If setting to white, this raises the water temp reading by approx 1.2 degree Celsius. I noticed this due to my fans ramping up whenever I changed from my Lights off scene (black) to my white scene.

2. If setting a scene to white, you can no longer change it back to show a colour, only greyscale. You have to delete the scene and create a new one.

3. Integration to ASUS Dark Hero. I think this is more of an ASUS issue but raising it here too, the latest ASUS HAL has broken Corsair iCUE integration.

4. Unable to be used with "Corsair Audio" lighting type. This doesn't work with Dominator Ram or my Strafe Silent v1 keyboard. This is an old issue and hasn't worked for several revisions. It used to be that when you would change mode it would revert back to mic each time but that part seems to have been fixed. Just found a YT video that has plenty of people noting it doesn't work: 

On 12/4/2021 at 7:32 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Software Enhancements

• Checking the ‘Delete all saved settings’ checkbox will now properly delete all files during
uninstallation
• CPUID SDK has been updated for the latest generation of Intel CPUs
• All tooltip descriptions have been visually improved
• Devices that undergo the force update process will no longer disappear from iCUE
• Device image scrolling is no longer obstructed by device images
• Resolved several issues with overlapping messages and disappearing pop-up windows
• Keyboards and mice will no longer disconnect if audio is playing during the installation of iCUE

View full version

Something is now messed up with my HS80 and Dark Core Pro SE, both connected through the HS80 wireless receiver. I noticed that the Driver was reinstalled or changed when updating iCue. I use the HS80 as Hardware-Output-Device in Voicemeeter and now the Output Sound skips every second. Removing the HS80 from the output devices fixes the skips. Went smoothly beforce the iCue Update. Anyone else?

• Corsair Employee
On 12/6/2021 at 4:14 PM, DeathsSatellite said:

My fan speed seems to have been effected. It appears that, no matter the selection (quite, Balanced, or Extreme) the fan remains the same. The (10) fans I have are the QL120s

Hey there, DeathsSatellite, sorry to hear the fans aren't being controlled properly. Can you try a uninstall and then a reinstall of iCUE? I've had this happen to me a long time ago in the past, a clean reinstall of iCUE certainly helped me out.

On 12/6/2021 at 10:58 PM, skrybe said:

Temps on Asus Crosshair 8 Dark Hero are still showing as 216 degrees and one of the fans as 65,280 rpm.

Still, can't resize the window to a smaller size so space is wasted.

Hi skrybe, sorry about those super high numbers, those shouldn't be the actual temp and fan speed! Could you PM me a screenshot of your iCUE and what version your running? Thanks, we definitely want to look into this and get it fixed.

On 12/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, flolen82 said:

crashes in windows 11... reinstall didn't fix it.... (Windows 11 21H2 22000.348)

Hey flolen82, could you try a clean reinstall of iCUE? Windows 11 is definitely a major point of concern for us since it's so new, so we would like to look into this further with you. If you haven't yet, could you make a support ticket so we can collected more information with you.

On 12/12/2021 at 10:00 PM, aliex said:

Something is now messed up with my HS80 and Dark Core Pro SE, both connected through the HS80 wireless receiver. I noticed that the Driver was reinstalled or changed when updating iCue. I use the HS80 as Hardware-Output-Device in Voicemeeter and now the Output Sound skips every second. Removing the HS80 from the output devices fixes the skips. Went smoothly beforce the iCue Update. Anyone else?

Hi aliex, could you try doing a re-pairing of the HS80 and the Dark Core Pro SE to the wireless receiver? Just so we can see that a newly established pairing doesn't cause issues.

21 hours ago, Corsair Mint said:

Hey there, DeathsSatellite, sorry to hear the fans aren't being controlled properly. Can you try a uninstall and then a reinstall of iCUE? I've had this happen to me a long time ago in the past, a clean reinstall of iCUE certainly helped me out.

Hi skrybe, sorry about those super high numbers, those shouldn't be the actual temp and fan speed! Could you PM me a screenshot of your iCUE and what version your running? Thanks, we definitely want to look into this and get it fixed.

Hey flolen82, could you try a clean reinstall of iCUE? Windows 11 is definitely a major point of concern for us since it's so new, so we would like to look into this further with you. If you haven't yet, could you make a support ticket so we can collected more information with you.

Hi aliex, could you try doing a re-pairing of the HS80 and the Dark Core Pro SE to the wireless receiver? Just so we can see that a newly established pairing doesn't cause issues.

clean reinstall did the work!

it was a fresh windows 11 install with 2-3 icue updates.. suddenly it was broken... a clean (folder, registry, etc.) uninstall was the fix! thanks... i tried a "normal" uninstal before with no effect

Edited by flolen82

• Corsair Employee
5 hours ago, flolen82 said:

clean reinstall did the work!

it was a fresh windows 11 install with 2-3 icue updates.. suddenly it was broken... a clean (folder, registry, etc.) uninstall was the fix! thanks... i tried a "normal" uninstal before with no effect

Glad to hear! Usually, updating from within should cause any issues, but Windows 11 is so new so I just wanted to be sure. Also, if you ever have to do a clean reinstall of iCUE in the future, don't forget to export your profiles! It definitely helps save some time so you can get things back up after the reinstall.

Just updated to 4.18.209 and my Asus Strix 3080 is now shown in iCUE with 3 temp sensors?

Is anyone else having this issue?

• Corsair Employee
57 minutes ago, Jyster said:

Just updated to 4.18.209 and my Asus Strix 3080 is now shown in iCUE with 3 temp sensors?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Hey there, Jyster, could you PM me a screenshot of what you're seeing? And do recall what you saw before?

29 minutes ago, Corsair Mint said:

Hey there, Jyster, could you PM me a screenshot of what you're seeing? And do recall what you saw before?

I've sent you a PM with requested screenshot.

After going through the forums I came across this, is it correct as I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes? SO I should be seeing more than one temp sensor now?

Edited by Jyster

• Corsair Employee
19 hours ago, Jyster said:

After going through the forums I came across this, is it correct as I don't see it mentioned in the patch notes? SO I should be seeing more than one temp sensor now?

Hey Jyster, Thanks for the PM! Yes, iCUE can show more temps from other sensors on your GPU. It can depend on what the sensors report to iCUE, so some sensors may not be shown even while others appear. Apologies that it wasn't mentioned and if it was jarring, not every GPU has multiple or extra sensors that would show up in iCUE.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 1:53 PM, Corsair Mint said:

Not skyrbe, but I also have this problem.

I have iCue v4.18.209 (first screenshot)

In the second screenshot you can see CPU and MAINBOARD at 216 C, and FAN 2 at 65,000 RPM, even though FAN 1 and other temperature sensors are normal ranges 25-31 C.

Screenshot 2021-12-29 205313.png

Screenshot 2021-12-29 205214.png

Still a battery hog on Lenovo Legion laptops, probably others too.

Running on battery the Corsair software will use between 0.4 and 1% cpu constantly, that's not acceptable, specially when disabling the lights doesn't see corsair software release the cpu.

• Corsair Employee

We have a new version of iCUE (v4.19.191) that will be available for download shortly.  Please be sure to update through the setting button in your existing app or visit our download page.  Release notes for the new version are available through the link below:

https://forum.corsair.com/release-notes/icue/