Corsair Community

Is the ST100 what is causing my random usb disconnects??

Everytime I restart my PC it asks me to update the firmware to 0.04.106. I've done it several times and it doesn't seem to stick.  I've also noticed ever since I got this stand, all my corsair peripherals would randomly disconnect/reconnect.

All the googling it doesn't look like anyone found a definitive solution. In the mean time I just have my stand unplugged. I don't use it for audio or anything.

Imagine such a faulty product making me think I was suffering from the B550 usb disconnect issues when it was not my mobo at all.

Edited by id3alistic

13 hours ago, id3alistic said:

Everytime I restart my PC it asks me to update the firmware to 0.04.106. I've done it several times and it doesn't seem to stick.  I've also noticed ever since I got this stand, all my corsair peripherals would randomly disconnect/reconnect.

All the googling it doesn't look like anyone found a definitive solution. In the mean time I just have my stand unplugged. I don't use it for audio or anything.

Imagine such a faulty product making me think I was suffering from the B550 usb disconnect issues when it was not my mobo at all.

same thing here... annoying...

• 2 weeks later...

Update. I bought a powered USB hub which my ST100 is now connected to. There has been no issues with usb disconnects in over a week. Also no more firmware update notifications.

Not too big of an issue since I wanted to get a powered USB hub anyways.... but a pretty horrible workaround for those who do not plan to get one.

Edited by id3alistic