Corsair Community

LGA1700 Retrofit Kit still not available

Pixsik

39 minutes ago, willtron said:

Have a H150i Capillex sitting in its box ready to go. If there's nothing in the next couple of days I'll return it to Scan and look for another AIO, this is pretty embarrassing for Corsair...

Be quiet just went live ,you can order any bracket for any model of Thier coolers. Fill out form and wait. Cost £7. 

MSI have all Thier new aio in stock or you can order, all are pre LGA 1700 ready. 

Noctua ,again you can buy mounts , they in stock ready for delivery next day and already lga1700 compatible ( just make sure your motherboard is compatible , I checked MSI / Asus prob half of them are )

Corsair ......yup still out of stock , refreshing page hourly , no official replies ,just saying keep eye on emails for notifications. 

Really is worst communication of any launch for something so stupid ,it really makes you wonder. 

Make matters worse I had to cancel an order earlier from noctua ,as I happened to of chosen the 1 motherboard that was not compatible for Thier air cooler ,and my order has already been sent. I was debating changing mobo for a model that works with this cooler that are in stock , but most then need ddr5 ram, and if you don't know completely sold out pretty much everywhere , and most sites don't even have any price / just a notify button. 

Looks like I'm/ we all are , still waiting on Corsair, ..... Gotta be today right ???...Corsair..... ??...launch tomorrow and all .......

13 minutes ago, MonkeyMan0 said:

Looks like I'm/ we all are , still waiting on Corsair, ..... Gotta be today right ???...Corsair..... ??...launch tomorrow and all .......

Willing to bet it'll be midnight it'll go live. But given how much stuff on their webstore is out of stock, seems like it might be a supply chain issue for them, or they're terrified of putting out anything before the official release. 

11 hours ago, MonkeyMan0 said:

Woke up ,Checked site and still out of stock , come on here and you guys are saying they went on sale ??🤔😭😭. That's ridiculous, I check up to  midnight , and 6_7am next day, like I been doing last few weeks.

I have notifications on and checking all mail that comes through just to get these.....no notification recieved. All my parts now shipped and recieve tomorrow.  

Corsair please put a response in this thread, we need a reply with an update. 

on side note I also hope postage would be next day delivery. If it is standard that needs to be addressed. 

😞

Purchased early hours of this morning directly before I last posted in this thread. I have had confirmation that they have shipped and are now enroute as of 10am.

I would imagine stock went quickly, or they're staggering release of them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Will-ko said:

Purchased early hours of this morning directly before I last posted in this thread. I have had confirmation that they have shipped and are now enroute as of 10am.

I would imagine stock went quickly, or they're staggering release of them. 

Stock went live 20 mins ago, and still shows in stock as I'm typing message, but it's standard delivery :/. Did yours when it says shipped give a better time frame ? 

Trouble was I paid money on site today for totally new cooler and bracket as couldn't wait any longer, now ordered 2 in one day ,money which I should of not had to of spent ;/ . Quick people go buy them while it shows in stock ....gogogogo 

• Thanks 1

I was ordering extra feet and a plastic front bezel for my 5000x case since I'm painting them white and I just happened to  see LGA1700 standoffs 'add to cart', since I always check. (I'm in the west coast of the US)

I wasn't even notified they were available. 

Just got the invoice, and says it's processing, but did notice a '2 weeks' notice on the page. At least, I got this ordered so I can use the H150i Capillex!  😁

Same.

On 11/4/2021 at 12:39 AM, Penster said:

I got my DHL notification... 5 days expected delivery!

😕 I have all my parts now, but the screws ordered 3 days ago still say processing . On top of postage which is standard , looking like 1_2 weeks away. Such a fail, such a shame 

4 hours ago, MonkeyMan0 said:

😕 I have all my parts now, but the screws ordered 3 days ago still say processing . On top of postage which is standard , looking like 1_2 weeks away. Such a fail, such a shame 

Exactly the same situation. I've opened a ticket to work out wtf is going on at Corsair. I spoke with CS yesterday too and they said they have no way of expediating the delivery, which is an absolute joke. This whole thing is a major ******** up on their part. 

Does anyone know if we need those stand offs for certain? Surely if you have LGA1200 slots (Asus MoBo) and the substrate/IHS height is identical (TBC), then the mounting pressure should be exactly the same and no issue?

the LGA1700 is 1mm thinner, and the standoffs spacing is wider.

The mounting pressure will be way too weak if you mount it as is > overheat galore.

6 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

The mounting pressure will be way too weak if you mount it as is > overheat galore.

Spacing isnt an issue with the Asus MoBos as they have oblong holes for LGA1200/1700. The 1mm height difference is an issue though.. Maybe I can just stack a whole load of thermal pads! 😂

the legendary EVGA 3mm thermal pillows will raise to the challenge no questions asked! lol

How are people getting these already I ordered on Wednesday and it's still saying processing! WTF Corsair are you just picking orders at random??

On 11/4/2021 at 12:39 AM, Penster said:

I got my DHL notification... 5 days expected delivery!

The thing is I was first to post on the site saying they went live , and you said you got notification of delivery ,then recieving them . My account still says processing........That is ridic , everything is right next to me , if I had those screws I wouldn't be waiting, it would of been built today. 

How are Corsair deciding who gets Thiers first?  , seems like the lottery :/. 

• Sad 1

On 11/5/2021 at 6:33 AM, LeDoyen said:

Saw some folks on Reddit say they installed the cooler on Alder Lake using the LGA 1200 standoff screws and the cooling was fine. has anyone else tried this?

it will mount but the pressure will be weak. so depending on where your rad is mounted, how your tubes pull on the pump etc... results will vary a lot.

may work to an extent for some folks, may thermal throttle for others.

That makes sense yeah. Could be an interim solution until Corsair ships the screws. 

Ok I went ahead and installed my Alder Lake chip using the current LGA 1200 standoffs. This is using an Elite Capellix AIO. Idle temps are 33C and Coolant temp is 30C. Once I get the LGA 1700 retro fit kit, I will install those standoffs. But this seems to be working ok, even if not ideal.

• Like 1