Corsair Community

LGA1700 Retrofit Kit still not available

Pixsik

Hi,

I've made a pre-order for 12900K which is definitely coming next week and I have 2 different Corsair AIO cooler compatible with the LGA 1700 standoffs and yet it's still not possible to order the kit.

Any ideas when the LGA1700 Retrofit Kit will be available to purchase?

I don't relay want to switch to another brand just because Corsair can't sell me the standoffs especially when some other companies are giving them for free ....

• Corsair Employees

Hi Pixsik,

Congrats on your 12900K preorder! Super stoked for you! 🥳

For the LGA1700 Retrofit Kit, unfortunately I do not have an ETA, but we are expecting to have them back in stock soon. I recommend signing up for the restock notification if you haven't already, that'd be the quickest notification of restock.

Hello i have buy 12900k and i have Corsair H150i Pro RGB it's fitt LGA1700 Retrofit Kit to my cooler ? And how i can order the kit to Norway ?

I know right! Like what the hell, It's not like LGA 1700 sprung upon you these are not even listed anywhere in the UK never mind being able to purchase one when the CPU is coming next week, Talk about slow on the uptake,

Amazon already have their kits available for their coolers.

• Corsair Employees
17 hours ago, kampers said:

Hello i have buy 12900k and i have Corsair H150i Pro RGB it's fitt LGA1700 Retrofit Kit to my cooler ? And how i can order the kit to Norway ?

The H100i/115i/150i Pro RGB coolers are not compatible with the retrofit kit or the LGA1700 socket.

1 hour ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The H100i/115i/150i Pro RGB coolers are not compatible with the retrofit kit or the LGA1700 socket.

What about the Asus Z690 motherboards that are compatible with existing LGA1200 brackets (they have both 1200 and 1700 holes)? I'm assuming it would work just like a normal LGA1200 board would.

41 minutes ago, RageOfFury said:

What about the Asus Z690 motherboards that are compatible with existing LGA1200 brackets (they have both 1200 and 1700 holes)? I'm assuming it would work just like a normal LGA1200 board would.

Yes, thats my understanding. With an Asus Z690 board it has oblong holes that accommodate both LGA1200 and LGA1700 brackets. So as long as you have an LGA1200 compatible cooler then you only need to order a replacement set of taller Standoff screws from Corsair. This is needed because the LGA Socket is a few mm taller.

Edited by Ca1ibos

Not all motherboards have the two sets of holes. You'll have to check two things :

-That the motherboard have them obviously!

-That your cooler's coldplate covers the IHS entirely.

the new IHS is longer, so AIOs made for LGA115x/1200 may not work well at all since the fin stack is not as long as the LGA1700 IHS is. It may lead to situations where the center cores are cool while the edge ones overheat.

It will be interesting to see the first benchmarks with LGA1200 AIOs to see how it goes

Edited by LeDoyen

• Corsair Employees
1 hour ago, RageOfFury said:

Due to the difference in stack-up height for the CPUs and new LGA1700 we do not guarantee that the original Pro RGB coolers will be compatible with the socket as the mounting mechanism is different when compared to our Pro RGB XT or Elite coolers.

I have also emailed Corsair in regards to availability. Not had response as only just emailed as getting close to launch date ( 6 days days from now ) and still unable to buy these standoffs. With postage times and being weekend ,I mean they have to either be bought today or by Monday latest. 

They must know everyone will need to buy these parts, or it renders builds completely useless , imagine having bought entire pc ( prob bought half a new pc ready for the new cpu/ boards myself ) and having all the parts on launch day ,only not to have the  £2 standoff screws due to availability. That would annoy alot of people. 

I'm on pc alot, check site regularly with updates enabled, and it's pushing it leaving it this late imo. 

As other have said above all other company's have Thier parts for free, on sites ready to purchase, but I'm not swapping brands I always use Corsair and just bought a new 360mm capelix for the build. This really needs to be pushed and brought to Thier attention as urgent, maybe an official response saying parts be will be available before launch and guarantee delivery or something. 

29 minutes ago, SpabalinasDesign said:

I'm in the same boat, I have my lga1700 pre-order ready and an unopened h150 Elite. Just waiting on the standoffs. This is literally the last thing I need. Hope the standoff go on sale soon. I don't want to have to pick up another cooler after the fact.

Not had any email replies back , so can't update on that front, but looks like they did not go on sale today. Has to be over next few days, really wish we had an update. 

Turns out some sites already dispatching out orders / shows in stock ready for dispatch , means may need this before 4th Nov. What are the chances of site having them in stock on weekend though .. 😞

• Like 1

Tried emailing them aswell as DM:ing support on twitter for details, nothing so far. Going to have the CPU on hand next week, also ordered a new cooler. Looks like it was mistake to go with Corsair. Will definitely return the cooler if nothing is available come next week. 😒 

Also EU store has no option of "notify me when in stock"..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jages said:

Tried emailing them aswell as DM:ing support on twitter for details, nothing so far. Going to have the CPU on hand next week, also ordered a new cooler. Looks like it was mistake to go with Corsair. Will definitely return the cooler if nothing is available come next week. 😒 

Also EU store has no option of "notify me when in stock"..

Trouble is having all the new parts waiting sitting there realistically I'm not going to wait for standoff mounts past launch either. Been long term user of Corsair on every build , including this one, this seems such an oversight  in planning it could affect future purchases. I also know 2 other friends having same issue, just imagine how many people are in same boat :/.

I would probably return all parts I bought and not bother upgrading at all, if it was past launch. But still, they have a day,maybe two to update site. Guess we find out very very soon. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyMan0 said:

Trouble is having all the new parts waiting sitting there realistically I'm not going to wait for standoff mounts past launch either. Been long term user of Corsair on every build , including this one, this seems such an oversight  in planning it could affect future purchases. I also know 2 other friends having same issue, just imagine how many people are in same boat :/.

I would probably return all parts I bought and not bother upgrading at all, if it was past launch. But still, they have a day,maybe two to update site. Guess we find out very very soon. 

So I got a response for my support ticket -> they don't have access to know when they are supposed to be released. Only to keep an eye out on the store page.. From what I take from that, does not bode well for our chances to receive them in time.. 

Really starting to regret my choice to go with corsair in the new build..

Edited by jages

I've been trying to get a handle on this issue since Alder Lake went for pre-order on Newegg. I just bought my first AIO cooler (H150i Elite Capellix) and assumed that I would be able to buy the stand offs at the same time. Sort of annoying to find out I couldn't buy them and that Corsair doesn't know when they will get more screws back in stock. I know we have a chip shortage, but a screw shortage is sort of crazy. 

Regardless I've done some measurements on my own, and I figured out that the screws used for the H150i Elite Capellix are M3 screws. Any old M3 screw or M3 standoff bought from Amazon will fit in the retention bracket. So it's possible to find standoffs not sold by Corsair on Amazon. Of course in order for this to work you would have to know what the difference in Z-Height is between Alder Lake and Rocket Lake/14nm+++++ CPUs. The best I've found there is this https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-socket-v-lga1700-for-alder-lake-s-has-a-lower-height-and-new-hole-pattern which may or may not be accurate. If we knew the length of the standoffs (including the length of the center "nut") in the LGA 1700 retrofit kit, it would be possible to rig a setup without waiting for Corsair. 

I know I am going to try this as I've used quite a lot of stand offs for other DIY projects. If it works out I'll let everyone here know that there are other options aside from waiting who knows how long for Corsair to get standoffs back in stock. 

Edited by SuperBio
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jages said:

So I got a response for my support ticket -> they don't have access to know when they are supposed to be released. Only to keep an eye out on the store page.. From what I take from that, does not bode well for our chances to receive them in time.. 

Really starting to regret my choice to go with corsair in the new build..

Yeah I have a really bad feeling as well , I always hope for the best ,but looking more and more likely to returning everything. 

I did go look at other coolers both air / aio ......yeeee....Evey mounting kit is basically out of stock or indicates mid November ,so even now buying extra which we shouldn't have to , that's a no go as well. All them companies just couldn't get mounts out for release....I mean what can you say. 

What bothers me more is the new aio with the LCD screens i wanted to buy for this launch ,they all indicate Dec launch, so your having to buy older stock for the sake of a month , then having to buy a kit to make it compatible, then buying the LCD screen seperate to change it to the new version. It's very expensive....makes you wonder if they knew they can't get Thier items out on time and knew there would be mounting kit shortage that's why they have no standoffs and delayed coolers by a month. 

Hope I'm wrong , and today site has them....has to be today ...right ....:/.....

On 10/28/2021 at 3:14 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

What do you mean - they are listed as compatible with the LGA 1700 Retrofit Kit by Corsair
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/company/press-release/keeping-your-cpu-cooler-on-the-cutting-edge-corsair-all-in-one-coolers-are-ready-for-lga-1700-and-intel-alder-lake-processors

1 hour ago, ArneBertil said:

They are not listed. XT models are listed which are a completely different AIO coolers.

You are confusing non XT H100i/115i/150i Pro RGB with H100i/115i/150i Pro RGB XT.

1 hour ago, Pixsik said:

They are not listed. XT models are listed which are a completely different AIO coolers.

You are confusing non XT H100i/115i/150i Pro RGB with H100i/115i/150i Pro RGB XT.

ok, got it, thanks I feared the list was not correct. In any case I should be fine then with a Kit for my Hydro H100i RGB Platinum. But kits not available, so I'll need a cooler from another brand, and since rgb-setups from different brands is a no go I guess I have to replace every single Corsair part I got, including mouse and keyboard. Not well played by Corsair, not having those standoffs in stock is just unbelivable, this must have been known to them for a long time. 

1 hour ago, ArneBertil said:

ok, got it, thanks I feared the list was not correct. In any case I should be fine then with a Kit for my Hydro H100i RGB Platinum. But kits not available, so I'll need a cooler from another brand, and since rgb-setups from different brands is a no go I guess I have to replace every single Corsair part I got, including mouse and keyboard. Not well played by Corsair, not having those standoffs in stock is just unbelivable, this must have been known to them for a long time. 

When you say you will look for other coolers , I have already done research and got some bad news , company's like noctua / be quiet , all have no stock ( of bracket / screws )and either request sign ups or mid November ETA on parts at earliest. 

Been searching all morning for a company that has both cooler and bracket in stock or able to get before begining of next week .....can't find any. 

Can only hope Corsair can update us asap , I'll keep checking back. 

On 10/28/2021 at 4:53 PM, Ca1ibos said:

Yes, thats my understanding. With an Asus Z690 board it has oblong holes that accommodate both LGA1200 and LGA1700 brackets. So as long as you have an LGA1200 compatible cooler then you only need to order a replacement set of taller Standoff screws from Corsair. This is needed because the LGA Socket is a few mm taller.

Re the above bit in bold @calibos, you're correct about the poster just needing the replacment standoffs, but a quick technical correction:

The LGA1700 compatible standoffs are *shorter* than the LGA115x/LGA1200 ones, not taller. The LGA1700 stack height is reduced by 0.75mm compared with 115x/1200. 🙂

1 minute ago, Citizen Crazed said:

Re the above bit in bold @calibos, you're correct about the poster just needing the replacment standoffs, but a quick technical correction:

The LGA1700 compatible standoffs are *shorter* than the LGA115x/LGA1200 ones, not taller. The LGA1700 stack height is reduced by 0.75mm compared with 115x/1200. 🙂

Realised that yesterday after posting this and similar advice in several forums/subreddits but was too lazy to go back and change them all. LOL. Like you said, though, in each case the advice was still correct about whether new brackets or standoffs were needed in each scenario people asked about, so I didn't bother to go back and find all the posts and edit them to say shorter rather than taller standoffs required..