Corsair Community

No reply from Corsair Support for nearly a week, PC in need of fixing

Pati.

Hey.

So last Sunday my corsair power supply (TX750M) died as soon as I turned it on. There was a loud click/pop sound, none of the LED lights turned on and even the mains electricity in my room got a short circuit (basically it was off, luckily it was easily restored). Now I've been stuck with a broken PC for the past week now.

So on Sunday I've messaged Corsair Support that I want to return my dead PSU in the hopes of receiving a new, properly working, one. I've only got an automated message saying they take 2-3 business days to reply, with there maybe being some delays during the summer. Since the message, there's been 5 working days and summer ended.

Right, I know I'm most likely gonna get told that I should wait another week or so but first off, Corsair should update their automated messages. Second of all, the PSU could have caused damage to other components in my PC which then I'd have to replace too. If Corsair Support is gonna take a few weeks let's say, and if my motherboard for example is dead too, then I'd have to wait another few weeks for that to be replaced.

Broken PC's are very big issues, and I'd have hoped Corsair realised that. Yes, there could just be loads of RMA request messages right now but I really don't want to rely on my phone for my school work and other stuff for a month or even more.

Just gonna put in my ticket number here: 2004628426

Seen other people beforehand send these kind of messages in the forum here and they had Corsair Support reply to them faster. Some are a few years old so things may have changed, but doesn't hurt to try. Sending another RMA request would just clog up the request list more and doubt that'd help.

Sorry if I've wasted some people's time as this is a long message and basically Corsair staff can only help me currently.

Maybe you could take the issue with the retailer you got it from?

If you bought from Amazon for example, they would get it replaced very quickly.

If the house power went down when you switched it on, it's rather good news for your components. Most likely a defect in the primary side of the PSU, which would leave the secondary not even powered up during the fault.

Hopefully that will only be the PSU to replace.

On 9/11/2021 at 10:15 PM, LeDoyen said:

Maybe you could take the issue with the retailer you got it from?

If you bought from Amazon for example, they would get it replaced very quickly.

If the house power went down when you switched it on, it's rather good news for your components. Most likely a defect in the primary side of the PSU, which would leave the secondary not even powered up during the fault.

Hopefully that will only be the PSU to replace.

I sent a message to the shop I got the PSU from a few days ago but Corsair replied last night with a return label so I don't have to wait for a reply any longer.

And also fingers crossed that my other components are fine.

Thanks for the help!