Corsair Community

Corsair Ll fan set up help

replicator

Could any forum members help with some info and possible links in setting up my 7 x LL140  and 8 x LL120 fans  please ie number of ..

Commander pros

Rgb hubs

Led hubs 

Splitter cables

All above 

To work in icue software  

Poss cases 1000D 

Or thermaltake 900 showcase.

Will be a custom loop with ek qiantum kinetic 360 flat res and pump.

Any help would be app

See here for a very thorough display of hardware and requirements.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/138723-zottys-corsair-rgb-hardware-and-icue-eco-system-faq/

Given the size of the cases, I am assuming the 7xLL140 and 8xLL120 are all in the same build.  You can combine different size fans on the same RGB bub, so this is really 15 LL fans and their size and location does not matter.  The max capacity of any RGB hub is 6 fans.  At 15 you will need "three channels" + RGB Lighting Hubs to manage that.  You also will want 1-2 channels left over to help with the water cooling hardware RGB.  Each Commander Pro has 2 channels and you will have plenty of Lighting Node Pro + RGB Lighting Hubs in the LL multi-packs.  You are covered there.

For PWM control, you could get by with 2 Commander Pros and a couple of 2 way PWM splitters.  However, most people with cases and radiators this large will have banks of 3-4 fans where they don't need individual speed control.  A PWM repeater hub is a cheaper way to take 1 PWM control header from the commander pro and extend it to 4-10 fans, depending on the PWM hub you choose.  So for example, if you had dual 480mm radiators on the front of the Corsair 1000D, you could take any of the 10 header PWM hubs and run all 8 fans from a single header on the Commander.  There is no reason to run those fans at different speeds.  The PWM hub will become essential if you are going to be doing push-pull as the 6-8 fans on a 360/480 will fill up your fans ports in an instant.  

You are going to need a lot of fan extensions and extensions in general in either case.  Both are huge and will out-lengthen most standard products.  There are strong discussion communities for both cases that probably can offer very detailed advice once you get to that stage.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HardcoreGames said:

Definitely stock up on fan extensions.

The Commander Pro can handle 6 fans each. So you will need 3 of them for your mashup.

Corsair also has additional fan extensions which work in hand with the Commander Pro.

Thank you guys for your fast responses....much app,

Any sugestions on the braided corsair fan extentions .

I have an assembly table with a pegboard loaded with parts which is how I work, work panel is mounted on the wall above the tools with a cable dangling

My Commander Pro came with a few extensions in the box, but they are ribbon cables and easy to manage

Zip ties and twist ties are handy for cable management. 

Fleabay is cheap for fan extensions, SATA extensions, etc etc etc

Edited by HardcoreGames

• 3 weeks later...

Im in the uk so ebay .

Does anyone have some links for 120 and 140mm LL fan PWM extensions and RGB extension cables please.

Thank you

for rgb fans : https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech/RGB-Fan-Extension-Cables/_i.html?_storecat=15110741015

for PWM there's just a ton of offerings if you search for "pwm extension". even on Amazon you'll find a bunch.

• Thanks 1

Cheers,

its the rgb ext ones from the fan to make them longer.female to male.

51219_4 (1).jpg

that's an RGB and a PWM socket there. i guess it was to illustrate what connectors were on the fans.

The RGB extensions are the link i sent. they make 6, 12, 16 and 20" extensions, RGB, male to female.

• Thanks 1